I - King Yixing

Three Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“My king, His Highness King Junmyeon said there is a surprise for you outside” a young servant bows as he speaks to Yixing, who is currently sat on his throne (how cliché) and swinging the tassels of his cloak around in an extremely bored manner.

 

“What kind of surprise?” he asks suspiciously, raising one eyebrow and gesturing for the servant to rise from his knees. The servant merely smiles and shrugs his shoulders.

“I do not know sire, my orders are only to bring you outside to the main courtyard” the servant (His name is Jongdae, and he’s actually Yixing’s favourite amongst the servants, because he has a playful demeanor and has been known to play pranks on the royal cook many a time) responds

 

Yixing shrugs before rising and following Jongdae through the castle. It’s a nice day, he notes, as he looks through the large open pillars to the sunny gardens and smiles at the warmth of the air that runs through his cloak and ruffles his black locks on his head.


They arrive at the courtyard, and Yixing looks around in search for perhaps a large cake or maybe even that new horse that he wanted.

 

When his eyes found nothing, he made to turn to Jongdae but instead found none other that his betrothed husband behind him.

 


“Sehun!” he exclaims excitedly and rushes into his arms.


“My love...” he mumbles into Yixing’s hair and wraps his arms around Yixing’s slim waist. Yixing pulls back with a large grin on his face as he analyses the face of his soon-to-be husband.

He looks more tanned than when he last saw him (Which was three months ago, Sehun was on a survey of the Oh kingdom, and considering it was rather large, it had taken him a long time to get round the entire kingdom) and he seems to have filled out a bit more, he marks.

“I thought you were going to be arriving here next week, for the ball!” Yixing says incredulously, linking their fingers together and all but dragging Sehun to his favourite part of the gardens.

 

“We finished up early, and I requested to come ahead of time” Sehun laughs as Yixing pulls him to sit down amongst bright pink and yellow roses in full bloom on the nearby flowerbeds; daisies sprouting underneath their feet on the un-tended lawn.

“Is it ok with Junmyeon-hyung?” Yixing questions, taking off his crown and placing it at his feet, before picking daisies delicately to make flower crowns. Sehun merely smiles at the innocent gesture and begins on making his own similar flower crowns, pleasantly warm in the early afternoon spring sun.

“His Highness was the very person I consulted before coming here, he has set up a room for me so I can stay until the ball next week” he replies; plucking the small daisies around then with pale fingers.

“Must you always refer to Junmyeon as his highness, Sehun?” Yixing frowns and threads two more daisies together before grabbing at more

“It is custom, my love” Sehun chuckles and finishes his own flower crown, nodding at it in satisfaction and placing it atop Yixing’s head; smiling fondly when Yixing’s face lights up and he flushes slightly.

“You have known him as long as you have known me, surely you can drop the formalities since we are already family?” Yixing tilts his head and adjusts the crown on his hair, pressing it carefully so it won’t slip off.

Sehun laughs and shakes his head, “No, I must always refer to those of higher status and age with the proper honorifics, it is just how the world works” and Yixing shrugs, smiling again (Sehun notes the dimple which he adores).

When they have made their flower crowns (Yixing had laughed when Sehun’s had kept falling off when he laughed, and so gently wrapped it twice around Sehun’s wrist instead)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter