What looks like an angel most likely isn't

Lawyer Park's 100th case
Please log in to read the full chapter

KIM EUN HEE:

“Thank you so much, Lawyer Park!” The obese man in a branded suit exclaimed, shaking Lawyer Park’s hand fervently. “Thanks to you I won that case against my ex-wife and kept custody of my children. She had the nerve to think she would walk away with my sons and my money! The nerve!”

“Do not worry, Mr Jin.” The tall man wearing lawyers gowns said modestly, a handsome smile on his face as he clasped the other man’s hand in his. “When I said I would take on your case, I would definitely win it for you. That is my job after all.”

“Ha, yes that is your reputation isn’t it!” Mr Jin, took out a handkerchief and wiped his sweaty forehead with it, before grabbing Lawyer Park’s hand again, handkerchief transferred to his other hand. “That woman! Haven’t I done enough for her? The nerve she had to want to divorce me! I am so glad my friend recommended you to me. Now she has nothing, and she can’t even see the children!”

Lawyer Park’s smile twitched a little, before returning to its serene smile. The oblivious Mr Jin didn’t notice.

“It is no worry Mr Jin. Please keep in mind that under the terms of the agreement I helped you made, Mrs Jin, no Miss Kim, is only unable to access your children as long as you paid her alimony of 10,000 won per month. You have to remember to pay her promptly every month, and if she tries to see your children while she gets the payment, you can sue her.”

“Yes, yes. I know all that! I must say, it was genius of you to come up with that. After this, I’m going to the bank to arrange the monthly payments. She will pay for her mistake by never seeing the boys again!” Mr Jin praised Lawyer Park. “I will definitely recommend you to all my friends! Now, I own you your retainer fees don’t I? How much?”

“Thank you very much for the words of praise. For payment details, please kindly speak with the secretary, Miss Jung.”

After Mr Jin left Lawyer Park’s office, Miss Kim quickly gathered her materials and stood, ready, in front of his door. As ten seconds passed exactly, Lawyer Park’s voice boomed out at me.

“Miss Kim! Come in!”

As she entered the office, Lawyer Park’s side view was shown to her. With the beautiful city view behind him, the sight took away her breath as it always does.

Everyone in the law firm would say that Lawyer Park was among one of the most handsome men in South Korea. With a face smaller than most celebrities, a sharp nose that was testament to his Russian grandmother (as heard from the office gossips, not that she listened to them, of course), his beautiful lips, he could have stepped out from the televisi

Please log in to read the full chapter