HAPPY NEW YEAR! — Krystal & Kai

█▐ 94ℊirls — Oneshot/Drabble Collection
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
just like the title said, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! second drabble is for my ultimate girl bias, our soojungie and my ultimate ship kaistal haha ouo enjoy! this was supposed to be posted on the new year but i've been sick so yeah ;u;
 

story layout credit

The whole SM Artist were gathering on the headquarter's rooftop, they were going to celebrate the New Year together as family. Not many came though because some were at their home, celebrating with family, and some were out of the country.
 
Soojung was there, along with Amber and Luna for Sulli and Victoria was busy with their own schedules. They were talking about Amber's solo debut excitedly while Soojung's eyes were scanning the area.
 
She spotted the whole EXO had come, ten of them, while she only spotted Taemin and Onew. She wasn't sure where the rest three of SHINee members are. She also spotted some members from Super Junior and Girls' Generation. She sipped her cocktail; yes, there were cocktails.
 
Standing up, she told her two unni's she's going to get some air. Soojung stood there, leaning her waist against the railings while still sipping her cocktail.
 
"Jung!" she heard someone calling, someone so familiar and his nickname for her. Turning around, surely it was Kim Jongin aka Kai of EXO, with a sheepish grin on his face.
 
"Oh, Jongin, you're here?" Lie. Of course she knew he's there. But the older male just nodded his head while rubbing the nape of his neck. He then took a few steps forward and stood beside her.
 
"How's life?" What an awkward way to start a converstion. Jongin mentally banging his head on the railings. But the question made the girl chuckled.
 
"What a lame question, Jongin," she said, still chuckling. "But life's good I suppose. How about you?"
 
He paused for a second or two. "Good too," he nodded and she nodded too.
 
There was a long silent between them, not awkward one though. Soojung placed the glass of almost empty cocktail on the table near her when they heard that they'll do the countdown now.
 
This made Jongin panic. !
 
10... 9... 8...
 
Soojung was looking out for the fireworks. She loved fireworks.
 
7... 6... 5...
 
She followed the other, chanting the countdown with excitement.
 
4... 3... 2...
 
But before she finished saying 'two' she felt a pair of hand cupped her face and turned the face so she was facing the owner.
 
1...
 
BOOM!
 
She heard the fireworks explode in the night sky. But she also felt fireworks exploded in her stomach along with butterflies. She was shocked, of course, but she was melting inside despite the cold wind hitting the both of them. She always dreamed to have a New Year's kiss, and now it happened to her.
 
After a minute or two, they pulled away just enough to rest their forehead on each other's.
 
"Happy New Year, Soojung."
 
"Happy New Year, Kim Jongin."