I have a Hyung

I had a Hyung

Warning(s): Un-beta-ed, YunJaeMin overall, starts with JaeMin and ends with HoMin. Enjoy~

 

 

 

 

 

 

Inspired by this post: http://mychanchans.tumblr.com/post/106278873514/i-have-a-hyung-insp

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*-*-*-*

 

 

 

 

 

I had a hyung

 

 

 

"Hi! I'm Changmin," I say with all the enthusiasm I had in me, showing the most innocent smile I had. The hyung in front of me had his jet black hair sticking out in various places, and the corners of his red, plump lips turned upwards and slowly formed a smile. His gaze on me was the most friendliest gaze I had ever seen.

 

"Hi there Changmin, I'm Jaejoong. I'm your hyung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And he always took very good care of me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Changmin-ah! You're having a fever!" Jaejoong darted out the kitchen after having the back of his hand on my forehead. He was the first and probably the only person to notice my feverish state.

 

"No, hyung, I'm fine." I protested weakly, trying to stand. My body obviously betrayed because as soon as I stood up, the world spun at such speed that had me on my knees again.

 

"Hush now, go to bed. Let me take care of you." He hooked my arm around his shoulder and slowly brought me to bed,  pulling the covers over me like a cocoon. 

 

He left my side, only to return with a small bowl tucked in between his hands. After squeezing out excess water from the damp towel, he placed it gently on my forehead.

 

"Rest well, Changmin-ah."

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I was younger, my dream was to marry my hyung

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, I think I'm gonna marry you." I blurted out unceremoniously one time on a bright spring day. I could feel his doe-like eyes were wide as they stared at me.

 

He regained his usual posture in a second, laughing it off. "What are you saying, Changmin-ah?" His voice was almost inaudible, but his lips were curved into a smile. Was it sympathy?

 

"I am going to marry you. That's my dream." I said firmly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I had a hyung

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Changmin-ah," he said one day, making me look up from my food. I quirked my eyebrow at him, signaling for him to continue. He set down his utensils and enveloped my right hand in between his, the back of my hand softly. "Always remember that I'm your hyung, okay?"

 

I smile. "Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And he had a bestfriend

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sounds of laughter greeted me as I stepped into the room. Jaejoong hyung was sitting on the couch beside Yunho hyung, laughing at the television. Slowly, I dragged my feet backwards, intending to not disturb them.

 

"Changmin-ah," Jaejoong called out. Damn. My plan to leave them undisturbed didn't work. "Come sit here."

 

My legs slowly moved towards the duo and I sat hesitantly beside them, squirming uncomfortably. My head was down all the while, refusing to meet their eyes. Damn it Changmin, how can you be so stupid?

 

"Hey, don't be awkward. Yunho's my best friend." Yunho's crinkling eyes met mine as I looked up, and his smile could light up the whole of Seoul. Slowly, I smiled back, easing the tension.

 

"Good, now let's enjoy this together."

 

 

 

 

 

 

And the three of us were always together

 

 

 

 

 

 

A month had passed and I slowly found myself letting it loose with Jaejoong hyung and Yunho hyung. We were having dinner together when Jaejoog hyung suddenly spoke.

 

"Changmin-ah," he began.

 

"Yes, hyung?"

 

"I just wanted to say that I'm glad you have warmed up to Yunho, and that he's your hyung too, okay?"

 

"Okay," I nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

But on one spring day

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong hyung met me with a cup of hot chocolate at the balcony, overviewing the city below. The flowers had bloomed beautifully under us, and the trees had a beautiful green color. Spring was the season of happiness.

 

"Changmin-ah?" He softly spoke. His voice was barely audible I would have missed it if I wasn't paying attention.

 

"Yes, hyung?"

 

"Promise me that you'll view me as your hyung, okay?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Just promise me."

 

"Okay, I promise."

 

 

 

 

 

 

My beloved hyung went someplace far away

 

 

 

 

 

 

The tears were uncontrollable as I slowly watched my hyung from behind my bedroom door. He was dragging his feet and the last of his belongings along, crossing the hallway. His eyes met mine and tears threatened to cascade down his face, the corners of his lips turning into a smile. It wasn't a happy smile; it was a smile full of pain.

 

"I'm sorry, Changmin-ah. I'll be back soon."

 

 

 

 

 

 

I had to say goodbye to my beloved hyung

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I refused to answer the door when I heard the familiar knock. I buried myself under the covers a second before the door slowly swung open. Heavy footsteps were becoming closer, and the side of my bed dipped at the weight of the certain someone.

 

"Changmin-ah," he began, voice full of unguarded emotions, "Hyung is sorry for leaving you. Hyung is hurt too. I promise, I'll be back soon, okay? Wait for me."

 

His hand went to where my head was under the covers, and it softly. I choked back a sob, not wanting to lose myself. In front of my hyung.

 

"Hyung is going to go now. Take care of yourself." The weight was lifted off the bed and the door closed seconds later. It was then when all the silenced pain and unshed tears came flowing out, tearing me into pieces.

 

"Goodbye, hyung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

After that my hyung's best friend became my hyung

 

 

 

 

 

 

The door slammed open, waking me up from my slumber. I headed towards the front door and was greeted by Yunho hyung, drunk and wobbling.

 

"Hyung, are-"

 

"Changmin-ah," Yunho hyung tried to walked straight, but obviously failed. He stumbled and my hands reached forward to grab him. 

 

"Changmin-ah," his breath reeked alcohol and his eyes was the aftermath of endless tears. He slowly cupped my face with his hands. "Thank you."

 

He stumbled out of my hold and heaved himself onto the sofa, and seconds later, his muffled sobs echoed around the living room. Grabbing a blanket from the spare rooms, I edged closer to him, my heart wrenching in pain seeing him like this. Pulling the covers till his chin, I whispered him a soft goodnight.

 

His hand grabbed mine at the speed of light as soon as I stood up, tightening around it like steel.

 

"Changmin-ah, stay. Don't leave me," he choked, tugging me close. Wordlessly, I sat by his side as time ticked by.

 

"Why did they have to leave?" It was the last thing I heard before I came into a peaceful slumber; the first in months since hyung left.

 

 

 

 

I have a hyung

 

 

 

 

 

"Changmin-ah let's do this!" Yunho clapped my back, melting some of the nervousness that stuck onto me like a second skin. I could see in his eyes that he was just as nervous as I am, but nevertheless he tried to ease the tension away.

 

I slung my arm on his shoulder, giving him a smile. "Let's do this!" I echoed, chipping off the remaining ice of nervousness. The fans were cheering our names, and as soon as the curtains were lifted, light blinded us.

 

"You know hyung is by your side, right?"

 

 

And my dream is to marry him someday

 

 

"Changminnie, here," Yunho handed me a cup of warm coffee, a thin trail of steam emanating from the beverage. I accepted the cup with gratitude, sipping bit by bit as I looked at the city below.

 

"Thanks hyung." We drank in silence, enjoying each other's company in the setting sun, as lights slowly flickered on one by one, lighting up Seoul.

 

"Hyung?" I turned to him.

 

"Hm?" He had his lips around the end of the mug, but he still managed a smile. "What is it, Chandola?"

 

"I'm gonna marry you."

 

 

 

- End -