001

Luhan, My Manager

SHIN MI YEON

 

“Will you listen to me?” Luhan asks, his tone filled with annoyance and his brows furrowed. I simply grin at him innocently and gesture with my hand to ask him to continue. He sighs. “You need to be nice to Kim Mae Ra, do you get me?”

“Why should I? For your information, she’s the but everyone’s blaming me,” I whine and cross my arms underneath my s. The frown on my face discourages Luhan from continuing his little talk as he plops himself down onto the couch opposite me tiredly.

“No one’s blaming you,” Luhan snaps. I can tell how annoyed he is by me and I laugh inwardly. I think he’s cute when he’s mad. His lips turn pouty and he looks like a puppy.

It’s only three days till the annual party held by Chairman Im, the chairman of our agency. He is a really nice man and cares about us a lot. The only thing I dislike, or even hate, is the fact that he recruited Kim Mae Ra, my mortal enemy. He knows very well how much I really hate her but because she’s such a natural diva, he decides to take her as well. Now, now, I’m certainly not going to pick a fight unless she starts it first but everyone has this crazy mind set about me going to pick a fight with her and possibly kill her. They think I’m stupid enough to do that, but I’m obviously not. I won’t stain my clean hands for her in a million years. Plus, it's going to taint my reputation if I really get into a conflict with her. Do they really think I'm oblivious? That I'll do something like that and get my career ruined? Psh.

 

Everyone is driving me insane. She is driving me insane.  

 


 

“You have dress fitting in twenty minutes. Wait a minute,” Luhan says as he checks his smartphone. “They are coming here so take the little free time to relax.”

I clap my hands in glee as I exclaim, “Great!” I kick my killer heels off my feet and lift my legs onto the couch to relieve them from the soreness and pain. I am happy now because my feet are now free from the potential murder weapon. Luhan, being the caring and sensible manager he is, pushes me the electronic feet and calves massager and I nod at him in thanks.

I slip my legs in the designated spaces of the massager and turn it on. It feels like heaven, to be honest. I moan in ecstasy. This. Is. A. Freaking. Genius. Creation.

 

“What?” I ask with a raised brow when I catch Luhan staring at me weirdly. “Don’t judge me.”

He just shakes his head and carries on reading a car magazine. Boring.

“This is really, honestly, seriously the best,” I look up in awe. “Lu manager, order two of this for me, one to put at my house and the other one to halmoni’s place.”

He looks up from his magazine to nod before lowering his head again. I sigh in content as I feel my tensed muscles start to unknot and relax under the perfect amount of pressure. This machine is my new best friend. A knock on the door causes me to groan as I would have to leave this amazing creation. Ella Kim, the designer that Luhan made an appointment with, enters the room. She smooches my cheek in affection as soon as she sees me.

“Hey, chingu, how have you been?” She squeals dramatically and beams at me. I laugh at her cheerfulness. She’s a good friend of mine, or rather, best friend. We were classmates in high school and we stuck together ever since. After graduation, this little bug left for America to learn fashion designing. Two years ago she came back as a very successful fashion designer and left for Paris almost immediately after her return. I’m so proud of her achievements but oh, how I’ve missed her.

“The same, of course. What about you, Ella?” I wink, using her English name to . I normally call her by her Korean name Min Hwa which I think is nice but she doesn’t really like it.

“Good, I’m happy with how my career is turning out,” She grins and claps enthusiastically. She turns to see Luhan standing beside us awkwardly and wearing a look of confusion. Beaming, she goes over to him to shake his hand and bow a little. “Hi, you must be her manager, right? I'm her best friend.”

“Yes, I’m Luhan, nice to meet you Ella-ssi,” He bows slightly.

“Wow, girl, you have one handsome manager there,” She looks at him in awe causing him to cough slightly. “Luhan-ssi, why didn’t you choose to become a celebrity instead? You’ll definitely make it. Besides, isn’t it torturous being her manager?”

Ella smirks at me and I shoot her a playful murderous glare, causing her to laugh and raise her hands up in surrender form. Luhan chuckle and sit down to watch us as we begin our dress fitting. After being prodded here and prodded there, being measured this and being measured that, we’re finally done. I sigh in defeat, totally exhausted from having to stand up super straight and my belly in. I let out a breath of relief, happy that I can breathe properly now.

 

“Luhan-ssi, what colour do you think she should wear?” Ella asks as she scribbles something onto a piece of paper. He purses his lips and thinks for a bit.

“How about… red?”

“Red?” Ella repeats as a little smirk appears on her face. “Oooh, that’s y. I think I have the perfect design in my mind.”

I look at her, an eyebrow raised. I’m glad she’s my designer even if I don’t say or express it because I am confident in her making an awesome dress for the party.

“Make me look better than Kim Mae Ra,” I say, lifting my head up to look at the ceiling. Ella scoffs.

“Of course I will, you little bug. Plus, you are better looking than her,” She says. She stands up to collect all her things before giving me a swift hug and Luhan a handshake. “Bye lovelies, I’ll be back in two days!”

 

I plop down onto the couch and immediately slip my legs back into the massager. Mmm, comfort at its best. My stomach grumbles and my head shoot up to look at Luhan. He must have heard it too because he is also staring at me. I grin at him and bat my eyelashes innocently, and he shakes his head.

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“I want chicken!” I yell, frustrated. “Fried chicken!”

“No! You are going to the party in three days and you want fried chicken? I thought you wanted to look better than Kim Mae Ra?” He asks, his brows furrowed to show his annoyance. I cross my arms and tuck them under my s again, angry.

“I hate you,” I spit. “Hmph.”

Luhan sighs and takes out some marinated grilled chicken that smells really good. He put it on some salad in a plastic container before passing it to me. I suddenly feel hopeful. There’s humanity in this world.

“Don’t tell anyone.”

“I won’t tell even a puppy! Thank you Lu manager. I love you, you’re the best,” I grin and do a heart shape with my arms. I think I see a tint of red in his cheeks but I must have been delusional due to hunger because there’s no way Luhan will blush. I sniff the food and my stomach grumbles loudly again. My cheeks turn red in embarrassment and I chuckle sheepishly before digging in. “It’s so good, did you make this yourself?”

“Yeah, I did,” He simply says and my mouth open in amazement. He can cook? So well? I laugh in awe and I think of my own cooking skills. I can’t cook to save my life.

“You can be my chef too, Lu Manager,” I say suggestively. He shakes his head and I pout.

“I don’t even have to cook for you because you have to eat salad most of the time.”

I nod my head in agreement. That’s true. That’s the sad truth. I eat like a freaking cow normally, veggies and more veggies, makes me feel like I’m herbivorous. I just don’t freaking get the management. I don’t get fat easily at all. In fact, for all twenty-one years of my life I’ve never been fat. Darn management, restricting my diet like nobody’s business. It all boils down to this.

 

I REALLY WANT FRIED CHICKEN!!!

 

LUHAN

 

I am officially going crazy because of this girl. First, she kept tucking her crossed arms underneath her s, totally unaware of how her plump moulds kept bouncing and jiggling. I forced myself to read a boring car magazine in hopes that it will help my not-so-little (actually not little at all) friend down there calm down.

Just when I’m calmed down, she started because of some stupid leg massager. I’m going crazy because of those y moans. I know to her it’s basically just an expression of comfort but because I’m a guy, a young hot-blooded guy, it sounds especially ual, and man am I .

And when she said she loves me, even if it’s just a statement with no intended hidden meaning, it managed to make my heart pound hard and fast. It made me feel giddy with happiness and I silently thanked God that I have a poker face so it won’t be shown.

 

“Lu manager, I need to go to the mall today,” Mi Yeon says, her face showing nothing but boredom. I sigh at her request. Standing up, I gesture her to follow me. I bring her to a mall near her house so in case she gets discovered by fans, she’ll be able to get home quickly to get away from them.

“What do you need to get?”

“Follow me,” She commands and I follow behind like a little puppy. Sigh. The moment I became a manager, I kissed my pride goodbye. I miss my pride, so damn much.

I only realise which section we are at after arriving for five minutes. The lingerie section. Kill me now.