Chapter One

This Love is Ours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Son Naeun

“Hurry up.”

“No… Yes, that looks perfect on her.”

“Where’s the flowers?!”

Naeun looked around her and everyone was busy and it was hectic since today was her wedding day with her loved one. She unknowingly smiles to what’s happening on her surroundings. It felt nice, knowing that people actually care and worked hard for your special day.

“Okay, Naeun let’s go now. Put on your heels princess, you’ll be someone queen’s in no time.” Wendy nagged as she helped Naeun to put on her heels. Wendy is her older sister; already married and have a son on her own.

After they were done in the room, they head down carefully as Seulgi; Naeun’s twin was helping her to carry her dress so that it won’t sweep the floor and it would not be nice since Naeun’s dress is white in color.

“Here comes the bride!” Dongwoon claps in amusement at the sight of his cousin in that astonishing wedding dress stepping down the stairs. They head to the car. Dongwoon opened the door for the bride and Naeun thanked him with a smile, “thank you oppa.”

With Wendy, Seulgi followed by Dongwoon were now all in the car, they head off to the hall where the wedding ceremony will be held. Dongwoon was driving, while Seulgi kept on smiling at her twin sister meanwhile Wendy was busy on the phone.

“Oh mom, yes, we are already on our way to the hall right now, yes, Woonie’s driving.” Both Naeun and Seulgi laughed at the nickname. “Yah ahjumma, what’s with woonie?” Dongwoon shot a glare at Wendy but she ignored it. “Where’s Seojun? Ah, with his dad? Arasso. Okay mom.”

After an hour trapped in the car, they finally arrived at the hall that was already rented by the Kim’s – Naeun’s future in laws were the owner of the most influential company in South Korea. The Kim’s owned their very company with only 30% investor in their company. It was a fashion company. They have branches throughout the whole country and even to other side of the globe.

The Kim’s basically rented the whole 50 floors building for their son’s wedding as they only want families, close relatives, some important share holders and few presses to attend the wedding. Even though they were rich, they didn’t want it to be a huge ceremony. Although their son strongly protest the idea and suggested that it should be a big party.

Naeun stepped down from the car followed by Seulgi, holding her dress from behind and Wendy by her side; she looked up at the building and took a deep breath to calm her nervous self, before making her way towards the entrance.

In one of the room where Naeun waits and rest counting the seconds for her to finally called as someone else’s wife; her mother, father, families and her close friends came to congratulate her and such. After half an hour Naeun settled herself in the room and only her, Seulgi and Dongwoon are left in the room, Wendy suddenly barged in the room which puts everyone in surprise.

“We have a big problem!”

 

 

 

 

- Kim Jongin

After putting the black tux on him, Kai walked to the big mirror in his room to see his reflection. Suddenly, the door of his room was opened after a few knocks and revealed his mom, Mrs. Kim was already dressed in dressed for the wedding ceremony today. Kai can already see his mom’s smiles across the mirror as she approached him and he smiled back.

“Aigoo my son, you look particularly handsome today.” She smiled and stand in front of her son, brushing his shoulder in case there’re some dust to make sure he’s in his best state today. “Of course, I am your son, right? And today is a special day.” Kai smiled down at his mom and gives her a loving and soft hug.

Walking down the stairs were Kai and his mother before his mother links arm with her husband soon after reaching the door and headed to their car. Kai was using his own car to the hall, hence his parents left early to the hall. Kai starts to drive along the road not long after his parents drive off.

During the drive to the hall, he was dialing someone and waited for his call to be answered. After a few rings, there’s still no answer. He was confused for a moment before dialing once again. And again, after a few rings there’s still no answer, just voicemail. “What’s this?” He thought to himself and finally put his phone in silent mode.

After he reached the hall where the wedding ceremony will be held, Kai passed his car key to the parker and jogged his feet heading towards the entrance of the building. Finally reaching the floor where the ceremony is, he stepped out from the elevator and walks towards the small crowd he sees and assumed that his parents will be there somewhere as well.

Kai’s hand slipped into the pocket inside his coat to check on to his phone. He swept the screen using his thumb, expecting massages and missed calls, but there was none. “Oh? Is something wrong?” He finally furrows his eyebrows towards his mobile phone’s screen and tilted his head to the side just a bit hinting a confusion playing in his mind.

He puts it back in his pocket and finally catches a glimpse of his parents among the crowd as he looked up. Kai was about to walk towards them when suddenly they excused themselves from the crowds and walked down the hallway. Kai curiously followed them and stopped about 20 steps from where they are standing before the door opened from inside, inviting the two of them inside.

Then it hits him. “Ah, it must be the room where the bride waits.” Kai smiled to himself as he walked to the door of the room. With a smile on his face, he was about to lay his knuckles on the wood surfaced door, to give it a knock before it was opened suddenly.

“… Haha, I was about to knock.” He laughed at the situation awkwardly. Kai’s face immediately turned worried as he looks down to the girl in front of her, sniffing. When he was about to reach out to her, she ran past him which makes Kai to turn to the same direction where she ran. He was about to run after her when his father stopped him; grabbing him on the arm. “Let’s have a talk.”

Kai looked at his father; confused.

 

 

 

- Son Naeun

“We have a big problem!”

Wendy’s word made three heads looking up at her; confused and shocked. “What are you talking about?” Dongwoon put down his phone where he’s been playing games whilst waiting for the ceremony to start. “Problem? What kind of problem?” Seulgi the youngster blinks at her sister. Naeun looked at Wendy, worriedly. “Why unnie? What’s wrong?”

Wendy looked at her sister sadly when she asked Naeun for her phone. Without much questions, Naeun obediently hand her phone to Wendy. The older scrolled down and it looks like she was searching for something through Naeun’s phone. “Yah, what’s wrong?” Dongwoon finally up on his feet and made his way to Wendy.

“As expected.” Wendy closed her eyes to surpass her anger and calms herself down. “What’s ‘as expected.’?” Seulgi asked. “Where’s Myungsoo?” Wendy looked straight at Naeun who was obviously flustered with her sister’s question. Wendy didn’t even bother to answer Seulgi’s question. Now all heads turned to Naeun. She wanted to say that ‘He’s on his way… maybe…’ but those words just don’t slip easily from her tongue. “Why?” is just the only word that she can speak of right now?

Before Wendy can explain the whole thing to the clueless three innocent, the elder; Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim & Mr. Son and Mrs. Son, emerged into the room. Seojun ran towards his mother legs and hugs it and Wendy lift him up soon after. “How’s she?” Henry appeared besides Wendy, his question was referred to Naeun. “She didn’t know about it, yet.” She answered.

“Naeun-ah…” Mrs. Son hugged her daughter who was beautifully dressed in white wedding dress she chose, tightly. “What should we do now? My poor daughter, what do we do with you?” Her mom’s continued to pat and her back gently. Confused Dongwoon, Seulgi and Naeun were so flustered with the situation. Naeun looked up to how the elders react; she saw that Mr. and Mrs. Kim was in a middle of somewhat looks like a serious conversations where Mrs. Kim afterwards walked towards her and took a seat on her left. Seulgi has now leaved the scene, making her stood up besides her cousin. Naeun starts to feel uneasy and worried. “Naeun-ah…” but before Mrs. Kim finished her words, Naeun cut her off. “Myungsoo oppa… where is he?”

The question made the atmosphere in the room stiffened. Wendy hugged her little boy while Henry pats his son back gently, not wanting to answer the question. The clueless duo, just stand and watch the whole scene and scenes that something’s not right. The elders start to look at each other, exchanging glances before Mr. Kim, finally stepped forward; probably to give an explanation.

“Naeun,” he called and the girl who was already in the verge of tears looked up at him. “Myungsoo… he left.” To avoid misunderstanding, Mrs. Kim quickly added the bitterness in Naeun’s heart by saying, “he left this country. Myungsoo’s no longer in Korea.” That’s when Naeun felt like the time has stopped and she couldn’t breathe.

Naeun shook off her head where tears threatened to break and fall from her eyes. “No way… There’s no way he will leave… Today is our wedding…” She looked up at the elders where finally her father hand her a hand written letter.

 

 

I’m leaving here. The moment you read this letter, I’m no longer in Korea.

Kim Myungsoo.

 

 

Seulgi and Dongwoon gasped at the letter as they read it. “This is Myungsoo’s handwriting.” Seulgi elbowed her cousin. Naeun finally cried as her tears fall from both her eyes. “I’m sorry Naeun-ah.” Mrs. Kim hugged her. “Why would you be sorry?” Mr. Kim said sternly. He was so angry at Myungsoo’s action. “It’s not your fault, why would you be sorry?” Mr. Son stepped in, “That’s enough… I’m sure we can work something out.” Mr. Son successfully led Mr. Kim far away from the scene and now both of them were standing beside the door.

“That punk.” Mr. Kim was furious at Myungsoo’s action. “Now, how will we face and tell the situation to the guests that were already waiting in the hall?” Mr. Kim loosened up his tie to surpass his anger as much as he could. Mr. Son was also pissed off by Myungsoo’s action, but he tends to be calm in every situation. He only expresses his anger through words but he did not raise his voice. He always speaking in a calm tone but each of his words is threatening.

“Jaehoon ah, I remembered you saying that your other son was coming back from the U.S, right?” Mr. Son calmly looked at the man standing in front of him. Mr. Kim curiously lifts up his head to find Mr. Son giving him a small smile.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter