Pudding Incident

Almost Eternity

It’s been a week since his meeting at the café with Kyungsoo. It’s been a week with Sehun going back to his zombie mode. He comes to work daily, but doesn’t stay as late and he started wondering if he could be healthier living like this. He’s restless at his apartment, though. Kyungsoo’s words ring in his ears time to time, slapping images of a laughing Luhan onto his head and no matter how beautiful it is, it kills Sehun slowly.

Kyungsoo already set the dates for the shoot, and Sehun somewhat feels excited for that, like he was the one who was going to get a pre-wedding photoshoot session.

He sees Luhan on magazines, still. He hears about him and his new boyfriend from their mutual friends. He tried to cut all their ties, he really did, but only to crave for any Luhan related news the next day so he continued torchering himself with informations that would surely break his already vulnerable heart. He blames himself for everything. He used to think it’s impossible to get this attached to someone, but this time, there’s no denying it. How stupid. He misses him.

Sehun hates the dramas Luhan used to watch, he teases Luhan about it. It’s to his dismay that his life turned out just like one.

And the fact that this is a Saturday night when Luhan’s usual favorite TV show would be aired doesn’t help Sehun at all. Now he’s curled into a ball on the expensive leather couch, TV and lights turned off, whispering incoherent words to himself, hoping the strength of hope could mend everything to get back to the way it was.

I miss him, I miss him.

_

Jongin stretched his arms as he hopped off his Audi. He loosened the striped blue and white tie around his neck, taking a deep breath as he pushed open the glass double doors to his apartment building, passing a few familiar neighbors and random visitors. The elevator ride was awfully silent, Jongin just stared idly at the number shown on the little screen –which was showing on which floor he was, going up, up and up until it stopped at number 14.

He dragged his feet lazily, he feels like work is suffocating him. He never wanted to be a filthy rich businessman. He never wanted the excessive attention, the expectation and the rules that follow. He envies Kyungsoo, because he can do whatever he wants. That’s why he fell in love with Kyungsoo too, something about his confidence and his presence that screamed freedom to Jongin, and Kyungsoo always becomes his escape from his daily, tiring work. Jongin? He’s just stuck with what his old man left him with. A dead mother, an unhappy childhood and a ridiculous business, all responsible in creating a man like him. Jongin can’t even remember what he liked. Because he is so used to offering an idea and getting it rejected –business, business, business is all his father talks about. Jongin don’t even want to think why he didn’t put up a decent fight. All he knows he woke up with all this craziness and that he has to wake up every day dealing with it endlessly.

The emptiness of his own apartment welcomed him and he felt even worse. He just got home from a tiring day at work, a crazy amount of papers unfinished, and a monthly meeting coming up the next day; only to find a note from his boyfriend stuck on the refridgerator saying he’d be staying with a friend that night.

He starts to question the point of living together all over again. They don’t even have the time to casually greet good morning or kiss eachother good night like any other couples(or person) would.

Still dressed in a slightly wrinkled grey suit, he didn’t waste another second and immediately left to get what he deserved. He needs cups of chocolate pudding.

_

Sehun takes almost everything available. He and Luhan enjoy eating, but buying 10 boxes of Chocopie? Luhan wouldn’t approve that. But he isn’t there to tell Sehun what to do and what not to do. Sehun brushed off the uneasiness he felt, walking aimlessly to wherever his feet took him.

Sehun feels like an awful spoiled kid, wasting their parent’s money for food he sure won’t be able to finish himself. He kept on adding another stack of snacks to his shopping cart as he strolled around the food isles.

A normal, middle-aged woman threw him an ‘Are you kidding me?’ look but Sehun just smiled sheepishly. She didn’t appreciate it though, as her 5 years old son next to her started to whine for more snacks just as much as Sehun had.

But then he walked further and stopped in front of a certain product.

“Sehun-ah, try this, it’s really good!” Luhan cooed, waving the plastic spoon around to tease Sehun. It was a normal Saturday, with a still busy working Sehun and an annoyingly cute attention seeker named Luhan.

“Maybe later Lu, I’m working.” Sehun said, ignoring him.

“Sehun, leaving work for a while won’t kill you!” Luhan reasoned, putting his cup of pudding aside and covering Sehun’s eyes with his palms.

“Okay, okay. What do you want?” Sehun chuckled.

“Try this!” Luhan said, feeding Sehun a spoonful of chocolate pudding, “Isn’t it awesome?” Luhan sang cheerfully, to which Sehun smiled at.

Dumbfounded, Sehun reached for the only cup of chocolate pudding left on the shelf. But out of nowhere, another hand annoyingly landed on it first.

“Hey, that’s mine.” Sehun said.

“Pardon me?” the guy answered, looking straight at Sehun. Sehun unconsciously started judging him. Why would a fully grown man be looking for a cup of pudding this late hour? So childish! Wait, isn’t he just like that(minus the suit, of course)? The man –or guy, looked rather innocent, with a very well tanned skin and he stood just a few centimeters shorter than Sehun.

“I said the pudding’s mine.”

“Yeah, I heard that.” the guy scoffed and Sehun raised his eyebrows, confused.

“Would you mind giving it to me, then?” Sehun tried asking politely.

“I touched it first so it’s mine, you fat snack monster.” he spat and Sehun was taken aback, hurt because of the comment at first but then he glanced at his almost full cart stuffed with various snacks and almost agreed. But this guy in front of him is the rude, weird one, and Sehun won’t give up on that pudding easily.

“I saw it first, therefore it belongs to me.”

“I wanted it first, I deserve this pudding.” the guy answered quickly.

“Why don’t you go buy another flavor?” Sehun started to get annoyed.

“Why don’t YOU?” the guy emphasized his last word, throwing a disgusted look at Sehun and that does it. Sehun had received enough judgemental looks that day and no, he isn’t fat, damn it! Why can’t everyone let him be selfish just once, like what the heartbroken characters normally do in dramas?

“Oh my God, I can’t believe I’m fighting over a pudding with a strange, childish grown up man.” Sehun sighed.

“I can’t believe I’m talking to a food monster.” Jongin retorted. That guy and his stupid talking mouth! Sehun roared on the inside.

“What the-”

Ahjussi!” a girl’s voice interrupted and they both turned at the same time to face her, “What?”

“Can you give that pudding to me, please?” she pleaded with her cute face doing an aegyo.

“Of course, sweetheart.” Sehun reached to the pudding in Jongin’s hand to give it to the girl, but Jongin simply retracted from his position, sticking his tongue out saying, “No way, this is mine!” and ran for his life.

Amazed. Sehun’s amazed by how childish the guy was. But before Sehun even got too deep in thinking, he was distracted by the loud crying of the little girl and he had to deal with her angry mother afterwards. Great.

_

Jongin ran straight to the cashier, smashing the bills on the table, leaving a confused cashier worker behind and taking the holy chocolate pudding back to his car.

“Aha!” he shouted to no one in particular. He grinned like the childish guy he is, cackling over his victory.

_

A/N

Kill me.

What the fudge happened I don’t know. I wanted to add a little fluff but I guess let me blame my math test for this ty thing I call an update, lol.

So friggin’ busy with tests and s but life must go on. I want to end this fic soon, but not too soon because how do you make someone fall in love just in one chapter lol that’s impossible(unless of course, it’s a 20.000 words chapter or so)

Bye. See you when I can see you.