Confused

She is My Maid and I am Her Butler

Mir was in his deep slumber when his phone suddenly rang. He didn’t want to pick it up, of course, since it’s too early and he was on leave. He didn’t slept the day before, thanks to Lee freaking Joon. He had to do things he never did in his life. Making beds, planting flowers, even decorating the whole house! What made that maid so special anyway?

He couldn’t possibly wonder who that caller might be but whoever that person was, needed a big smack on the head and a big kick in the . When the first ringtone stop, Mir smiled to himself, eyes still closed. Back to sleep, he thought.

However, not even half a minute after that…

KRINGGGGGGG!! KRINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!

“WHOA!” cried Mir as he tripped from his bed and abruptly ran to the living room, taking the call from his family’s phone. Okay, this one calling must have been a friend. An idiot friend! First, his phone and now, the other phone. Who else knew about this? Mir asked himself.

, he groaned. He knew exactly who that person might be.

“A freaking HELL-o to you!” yelled Mir at the top of his voice. On the other side of the cal, Mir could here someone breathing so hard, and suddenly he panicked.

“Joon! Yah, Lee Joon! Are you okay?”

Joon was breathless. “Mir… I think I’m about to die.”

Mir widened his eyes. “What? What are you talking about? Are you sick or something?”

Joon still sounded serious. “I’m dying so hard I don’t know what to do. Mir, I need your help.”

“I’m dying, I’m dying, I’m dying…”

Mir, on the other hand, was dead serious. He suddenly panic and was about to run outdoor when he asked, “Okay, I will help you! Do you want me to take you to the hospital? I’ll help you see a doctor.”

Suddenly there’s a silence, and Joon was suddenly confused. “What? I’m not sick,” he said, and Mir was even more confused.

“You said you’re dying!” Mir yelled and Joon suddenly snapped. “Oh, that! Sorry, I forgot to tell you. My maid’s here. And she’s super pretty and nice, I’m dying to know what I should do next. Mind to help? Give me ideas, whatnot. Pleaseeeeee pretty pleaseeeeeeee.”

HOLY MOTHER OF DOOM. THIS GUY IS THE DEATH OF ME.

Mir ended up screaming hysterically instead, rolling on the floor in absolute anger. He picked up the phone again and he heard Joon saying, “Why are you screaming like a girl? I need your help!”

“GO DIE IN YOUR FREAKING PANTS ALONE, I NEED TO SLEEP! GOODBYE!” screamed Mir again as he put down the phone and jumped into his bed, pretending that that call never even happened and slept.

Joon on the other hand was sweating.

“WHAT SHOULD I DO,” he breathes, the thought of Mir being mindlessly rude was flying elsewhere now.

Do you think Joon might act rational?

 

Scoffed.

Yeah, right.

Jiyeon realized she did a lot staring too much. In the end, she checked her phone and found out there were two unread messages.

One of the messages was from IU.

BY: IU

I didn’t mean to ruin your first day of work, but I have to ask you a favor. Can you please cook dinner for Joon? Just cook something simple! I swear that I’ll make it up to you someday. Wooyoung told me that I should send the assignments today. I’m so dead. You will help me, right?

Jiyeon sighed in return. What is up with the boring assignments that needed to be finished in less than a week?

Once she replied IU’s message, she began to read the other one, which sent chills down her spine.

BY: JOON

Stop staring there and start cleaning all the clothes in the washing room, NOW.

Jiyeon instantly looked up and noticed the door was hanging opened. She silently cursed to herself. He must have seen me. Bingo, Jiyeon.

Slowly, she stepped out of her room, and when she turned around, she let out a small scream. It was Joon, standing right behind her while tapping the ground with his foot.

Looking at his watch, he murmured, “10 minutes late.”

Jiyeon instantly bowed. “I’m sorry, Mister Lee.”

Then she heard Joon scoffed, though it was just an act. “Were you deaf or something? Didn’t IU remind you to call me just ‘Joon’?”

Jiyeon was disappointed, again. Damn, this guy is so rude.

“Get your head back on earth, Park Jiyeon,” he said while pointing to Jiyeon’s head. “Follow me,” he ordered and rushed downstairs. Jiyeon looked down and gulped. She sensed something wrong already.

“You want me, to wash those?” asked Jiyeon in total disbelief. Joon’s face was unreadable, and he was tapping the ground with his foot continuously. In front of Jiyeon were three huge baskets filled with dirty clothes. What was even worse – there was not a single washing machine inside the house!

Is he going to make me wash the whole closet?

“You don’t have any…washing machines in this house?” Jiyeon slowly asked, earning nothing but a silent treatment from Joon.

“No. Too expensive.” Hearing Joon’s answer made Jiyeon scoffed. Expensive? Expensive, my .

Jiyeon felt like pulling her hair right that instant. How can a big house have no freaking washing machines inside? This is crazy!

Joon’s face was still unreadable, although, inside his mind, he was replaying a memory that seemed funny to him.

“What are you doing?” asked Mir, looking straight at Joon who was lifting up the washing machine into the back of a big lorry. Joon placed his hands on his hips once he was done, feeling really tired. “What does it look like I’m doing? I’m throwing this washing machine away.”

Mir had his eyes widened in shock. “Explain why you’re throwing it away? It’s still new!”

Joon chuckled instead. “Nothing big. I’m doing this for my maid. Am I torturing her too much?”

Mir ended up having his jaw dropped. “You want that girl to wash your dirty clothes by just using her pretty hands? We are not living in the year of 18s anymore! Are you out of your shrinking mind? Let me tell you something. First, you spend a Hell lot of money for the bedroom. Second, you just forced me to plant those flowers in the garden. Third, you had a thing for your own maid. I was thinking that you are being overly romantic. Now, you’re telling me that you’re going to throw away your washing machine to torture your girl, which made you look as dumb as retards and as cruel as my sister. Again, I ask you. Are you out of your shrinking mind?”

Joon shot Mir a death glare. Mir shook his head in denial. “Tell me why we’re best friends again.”

Joon sighed as he rested himself on the ground. “Because I’m the only idiot that last long with you and your immatureness.”

Mir shrugged. “And I’m the only one who can deal with your shrinking head,” he said, earning a smack on the head by Joon.

Joon snapped out his thoughts and took a seat on a chair. “Go on, wash them all.”

The speechless Jiyeon saw him sitting down so she asked, “What are you doing?”

Joon shrugged. “What does it look like I’m doing? I’m sitting down.”

Jiyeon had her jaw dropped, her knees wobbled. She looked at the three big baskets full of clothes in defeat. Oh, can this day get any worse?

“O…kay.”

“Make sure it’s clean. I’ll be here to check up your work.”

Then she realized it was the worst day of her life.

Wooyoung was feeling uneasy. He looked to his side and saw IU doing her work; finishing her unfinished assignments. The memory of seeing IU entering big house every evening roamed inside his mind. For once, Wooyoung felt so worried about IU. Whenever IU went home from school, she would enter that big house. What was even worse – Wooyoung saw IU walking out of the house with another guy and that guy handed money to her! Was it what he thought it was? He remembered trying to ask about it to IU one day, but he still failed to get the answer.

“Jieun, tell me,” demanded Wooyoung, pleading for an answer. Jieun was busy finishing her homework, ignoring Wooyoung’s question.

“Not now, Wooyoung,” she mumbled, still doing her job. Wooyoung sighed in return, but decided to ask again. “Where did you go after school every day?”

Hearing the question made IU jumped from her seat. It seemed like she remembered something. “What time is it now?”

Wooyoung widened his eyes but still answered anyway. “6.30pm.”

Then, he could see this terrified look on IU’s face. “Why didn’t you tell me?” She immediately kept her things and dragged her schoolbag with her. Before she left, she managed to cry out.

“I’m late for Joon! See you tomorrow!”

Wooyoung’s mind was still smoldered in questions until then. Who was Joon? Was Wooyoung jealous? Maybe he was, but the right word was ‘worried’. He was worried about IU. What if she was doing something so unhealthy?   

Wooyoung felt so crazy back then. Poor guy.

Okay, maybe life wasn’t too sweet for Jiyeon. It had been approximately three hours since she started cleaning. What about Joon? Damn, this guy was unbelievably calm. He was still sitting on the chair outside the washing room, busy playing with his nails.

“Unbreak my heart~~ Say you love me again~~~” he sang with his freaking bad voice, making Jiyeon groaned in response. “Can you please, leave me alone?”

“Nope,” Joon bluntly said, continuing to sing. “Baby Baby Baby uuuuuu I’m like Baby Baby Baby nooooo~”

Jiyeon shut her ears with her both hands, dying like crazy. OH, CAN’T YOU QUIET DOWN?!

Jiyeon started to clean another pile of clothes, but there were still two baskets full of clothes left. She looked up and still saw that annoying retard, so she calmly said again, “Can you please, leave the baskets here and leave me alone?”

Joon shook his head. “Nope.” Jiyeon sighed, trying to calm herself. “Please…?”

He shook his head again. “No, I won’t.”

Calm down, Jiyeon… Knowing that arguing would be a waste of time, she decided to hold everything in and kept on washing the clothes. The clothes were not too dirty; Jiyeon was starting to think that Joon tried to torture her on purpose. Did IU ever feel the same way she did?

Then, suddenly Joon got up from his chair. Finally.

As much as Jiyeon thought that Joon was actually leaving, the thought was wrong. Joon grabbed one of the shirts that she washed instead, and began complaining. “You still haven’t washed this part.”

Later on, he grabbed another. Oh, . “Yah! Are you really qualified to be a maid? Look at the remaining dirt you forgot to wash!”

Jiyeon heaved out a long sigh. This jerk is so going to get it.

Joon had his hands on his hip and he shook his head continuously. “I can’t believe this. Your skills are B-A-D and S-L-O-W.”

Then do it yourself, you jerk.

Joon purposely took out his shirts from the basket one by one. “Wash them all again. And clean this one. And this. And this. This one, too.”

Jiyeon shut her eyes. She couldn’t believe this was happening to her. Oh, my life is so ing sad.

Joon, on the other hand, rushed to his room and came back with another pile of clothes.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?

He kept on adding the clothes into the basket and Jiyeon could feel her lips quivering in anger. “Park Jiyeon, are you listening?”

“Huh…yes!” she replied but Joon kept on nagging instead.

“You’re doing this bad on your first day…” Because of you, you jerk.

Jiyeon tried to adjust her seat as she healed in a deep breath. Her shirt was soaked in water and her hands were turning cold.

You can make it, Jiyeon… You can make it…

Calm down…

“It’s been three hours, Park Jiyeon. THREE HOURS.”

Don’t listen to him! You can make it… Calm down…

Joon was out of patience. He wanted so bad to see how Jiyeon would react but in the end, Jiyeon only gave him the silent treatment and she obeyed his demands. Do all young rich people behave like her? Obviously, no. Park Jiyeon was one of a kind.

He decided to take a bigger step. He purposely took a cloth in his hand, throwing it to Jiyeon. Jiyeon looked up and glared, but she was being quiet, as expected.

Aishh. Still not enough, thought Joon. He was beginning to complain more, and Jiyeon was in the mood of kicking his .

“Park Jiyeon! CAN’T YOU SEE I’M TIRED OF WAITING? DO IT FASTER OR I’LL-”

Jiyeon slammed the clothes onto the cold floor, earning a light scream from Joon.

“Or you’ll what? Fire me?” shouted Jiyeon, and she was really tired. She stood from the stool with her body hanging like a walking dead, and the view made Joon felt guilty all of a sudden.

Okay, maybe I did too much.

“You forced me to wash clean clothes, and expect them to be what? Shining?” asked Jiyeon in total frustration.

“Do it yourself, then!” she yelled, pushing Joon from the doorway as she rushed to her room.

Joon tried to run after her. “YAH! Park Jiyeon!”

Before he could even enter her room, Jiyeon already locked it from the inside.

“Park Jiyeon! Open the door!”

Jiyeon ignored his call. She was really hurt by the way he treated her. IU never got treated like this. Why Jiyeon? Why her?

Jiyeon realized she must have been too angry. She knew that yelling to Joon was a wrong thing to do. But being bullied was what she never expected to go through. She actually thought that Joon was kind. Maybe he was.

But that incident changed her impression towards him completely.

Then her phone vibrated, which made Jiyeon jumped in surprise.

By: Joon

I’m sorry.

Jiyeon remained silent. Was it supposed to be this way?

Why are you making me confused, Lee Joon?

A few hours passed and Jiyeon was awakened by the ringtone of her phone. Lazily, she answered the phone call.

“Hello?” IU was freaked out. “Jiyeon! What were you doing? Were you sleeping?”

Jiyeon sat up, her hands were rubbing her watery eyes. “Yes, why?” IU was whispering that time. “You must be really tired. So how’s your first day?”

Jiyeon scoffed in response. “Great, really.” IU believed that, and she sounded happy to hear that. “Did you cook dinner for Joon like I asked you before?”

Jiyeon tripped from the bed. DINNER? JOON? WHAT!?

“What? Say it again!” Jiyeon had her eyes widened, jaw dropped. IU was stunned. “Say again about what? The dinner?”

Jiyeon was shocked to death. HOW CAN I FORGET ABOUT THE DINNER!?

Jiyeon took a glance at the clock and found herself gasping. IT’S FREAKING 1 O’ CLOCK IN THE MORNING!

“Jieun, I’ll call you back!” IU stared at her phone instead. “What the hell just happened?” she mumbled and went to sleep.

Within seconds, Jiyeon rushed downstairs to the living room. The sight of someone familiar lying on the couch made Jiyeon gasped.

Joon…?

There was her boss, sleeping quietly on the couch with a blanket on him. Jiyeon inched nearer to him, closing in shock.

What is he doing here?

Joon was sleeping, and his face was calmed. He didn’t snore, as if he was happily staying in a deep slumber. Jiyeon felt so wronged, though. She approached him with the thought of guilty in her mind.

He slept beautifully, and Jiyeon found herself shivering on her feet. Dear heart, please stop beating so fast.

How could I act so immature to my own boss?

I was wrong.

Sighing, she walked to the kitchen and along the way, she noticed that the washing room was clean, and there were no more baskets of clothes inside. In the kitchen, she found a box of pizza and there was a note left on the table.

Jiyeon took it, wondering if the note was for her.

 

To Park Jiyeon

I didn’t want to wake you up. Here’s dinner.

-Lee Joon

 

Jiyeon found herself smiling, with the thought of the cruel, annoying boss in mind.

Cute.

Lee Joon, who are you, exactly?

She kept the pizza in the fridge, and headed back towards the living room. She sat on the other couch and watched her boss sleeping. Again, she was smiling.

Why are you so weird? What’s the point of you torturing me but treating me well at the same time? Why are you making this so hard for me to understand? Why can’t I understand you?

But it’s wrong for her to think it that way. After everything that happened, he’s still just her boss. To deduct more than that is wrong.

However, she rose from the couch and fixed Joon’s blanket on him, slowly whispering, “Thank you.”

Maybe he is nice after all. And she was the only one to realize that.

To preoccupied in watching Joon sleeping peacefully, Jiyeon did not realize she fell asleep on the other couch, also falling into a very deep slumber.

Done with the chapter! I hope it's okay ^^ I was sooooooo happy reading your comments, I cried ;-; It's very heart-warming to hear from you guys and never be shy to comment again okay? Author-nim loves you all <3 /big group hug.

Thank you so much for the comments, subs and upvotes! <3

Till the next chapter comes, happy reading!

f i n