End

Merry Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                 It’s cold. It’s cold and beautiful. The night sky filled with colourful lights from different building landscapes, lampposts, colourful decorative Christmas lights along the empty roads. The snow falls and lands ever so lightly on Ryeowook’s nose and his lips curls. He loves the snow. It’s white and pure. He believes that the snow is magical. How else can something look so graceful when it lands from the sky up so high?

                 Ryeowook reaches into his pocket and stares at the city light. He can’t be with his family right now because of work so he wonders how his parents are spending their Christmas. Would they be eating dessert together right now, cuddling under a soft blanket and watching another family action movie? Or would they be washing the dishes together after eating a large delicious festive meal his mother had prepared? Or… Would they be staring out of their small little window in the living room, thinking about him just like how he is thinking of them?

                “What are you doing out here?”

                Ryeowook recognizes the voice. His friend joins Ryeowook on the balcony and immediately, Ryeowook feels less miserable, less lonely. Ryeowook only shakes his head and continues staring at the view in front of him, without saying a word and his guest does just the same, admiring the beautiful city in front of them.

                “It’s stunning, isn’t it?”

                Ryeowook nods. “It is.”

                His guest chuckles, his voice low and deep. He feels strong arms enveloping him from the back and pulling him back until he is still fully pressed against his guest’s body. Ryeowook tilts his and finds the guest’s hands, his fingers intertwining with the other. He feels the other giving him a kiss on his hair and then resting his chin on his head.

                “Merry Christmas, baby.”

                Ryeowook closes his eyes, smiling. “Merry Christmas, Kyuhyun.”

                The lovers exchanges loving compliments towards each other and they stay in each other’s arm, loving how it feels like time has frozen and how they are in each other’s arm. They must have lost track of the time because the lights from the other buildings start to go off, one by one. A family exchanges goodnight after spending the night playing Monopoly and each of them heads to bed, a mother turning off the lights after she has read a bed time story book to her two-year old twins, a man returning home from a long day at work heading straight to his room to get some sleep without having dinner or checking his emails. And soon enough, almost everyone is asleep. Everyone except for Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

                “You still haven’t given me my present.” Kyuhyun whispers breaking the silence, leaning close to Ryeowook’s ear.

                “You didn’t like the Wine I bought you?”Ryeowook questions, his eyes wide.

                “Mmm, I wasn’t talking about that kind of present.”

                Ryeowook giggles and playfully nudge his boyfriend of two years in his stomach. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter