Tears

Snowy Cold Day

 

CHAPTER 2:

 TEARS

 

TaeHyung was caught in a traffic on the way. He stopped after the green light appeared. As he was banging his head with the rhythm of the music “Boy in Luv” playing in his car, a familiar face passed in front of him.

 

“Lulu.” He immediately called after realizing it was RuHi who is walking on the pedestrian lane.

 

RuHi passed right in front of his car but she didn’t seem to hear him. No, she was not able to. RuHi’s head is lowered, her bangs are covering her eyes; but TaeHyung, he knew RuHi very well. He knew that something is wrong.

 

 

[--FLASHBACK AT THE TEA POT CAFÉ--]

 

RuHi stood there frozen though her mind tells her to ignore the memories…ignore the fact that she knew the person in front of her.

 

“RuHi-ah… Is that you?” The girl had a face of both confusion and worry.

 

As RuHi blinked, a tear automatically escaped from her eyes. She didn’t know how to respond. It has been two years since she last saw this girl.

 

She wanted to hate all those people who hurt her, all of them who brought her nothing but misery.

 

“Kang Ru Hi. Oh my Gosh! It really is you!” Her blond hair bounced as she literally jumped to throw a hug around RuHi.

 

*Why…is she being so friendly?* RuHi could not understand. Two years ago, this girl used to throw her a glass of wine as a greeting. She used to humiliate RuHi too much. Then why is she acting like they were not enemies in the past?

 

RuHi, right now, wanted to slap this girl so much; so much that the anger made her hands to tremble. She used all her will power to control the strong feeling building inside her then carefully tapped the shoulder of the person hugging her.

 

“Song Hye Jin.”  RuHi finally called her name.

 

HyeJin released RuHi from her embrace and smiled brightly at her. “How are you and JungKook?”

 

JungKook… The name that kept her awake every night; the name that she despised the most.

 

*Me…and JungKook?*

This time, by the mere sound of his name, RuHi could no longer control her feelings. Tears flowed endlessly from her eyes.

 

“Huh? RuHi… what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” HyeJin looked sincerely worried now. She put her hand on RuHi’s shoulders to comfort her.

 

*What is this girl saying?*

 

RuHi’s sight is burning red.

“RuHi? Are you alright? Please, say something.”

 

“Do not touch me!” RuHi succeeded in getting herself to talk although she failed to do so in a calm way.

 

“Okay! Okay. I’m not touching you… just please, calm down first.”

 

“I can’t!” RuHi throw her hands in the air in frustration.

 

Yah, Kang Ru Hi. I want to be nice with you for this time only. Stop waiting for him already. Jungkook is…getting engaged with HyeJin. They are currently having a family dinner to plan for their wedding.

 

“That day… he chose you,” As the words escaped from her very mouth, the impact of that day rushed through her mind that made her drain all her energy to even remain standing.

 

She fell on the floor, sobbing. “He chose you!” She repeated over and over in between her cries. The customers in the café are already staring at the scene RuHi is making. HyeJin, on the other hand, is so confused to even worry about the eyes staring at her direction.

 

“Muh? What are you saying?”

 

HyeJin bent to RuHi’s eye level and shook her by the shoulder. “RuHi-ah! What do you mean he chose me?”

 

“Don’t act all nice! Don’t act like you didn’t know! He chose you!”

 

 Unexpectedly, a hand came flying and landed on RuHi’s right cheek.

“Bring yourself together, Kang Ru Hi. I don’t know what you are saying. The last time that I have only seen JungKook…was the day that he left me in our family dinner. That day, even though it was so cold outside, he left in a rush without any jacket on. After he left, I knew it was the end of us and that you had what I’ve always dreamt with JungKook-- a happy ending…” Tears were threatening to fall from HyeJin’s eyes as she remembered the heavy feeling she had about that day but she chose to push away the thought.

 

Song HyeJin, stood up with her heels then headed for the door. “I really don’t have any idea what happened with you two after that day. In fact, I don’t really care already…”

 

 

 

“I was so certain that he chose you, but after seeing you like this… I’m guessing it’s not your happy ending after all.”

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

As soon as TaeHyung parked his car in the nearest parking lot, he ran towards the direction where he last saw RuHi.

 

Kang Ru Hi! Kang Ru Hi! He kept calling her name as he ran after her, but she is not in the condition to even notice her surroundings.

 

When he was able to reach her and block her way so she can’t another step to walk. TaeHyung gulped with his dry throat as he was catching his breath.

 

He chose her. He chose her. He chose her.

RuHi kept mumbling while tears are uncontrollably leaving her eyes.

 

“Lulu. Say something. What’s happened?”

 

TaeHyung used his bare thumbs to wipe away your tears. As his cold hands touched her warm face, she came back to her senses. “TaeHyung…,” she said in trembling voice, “she said he chose me but… why didn’t he come? I waited… That day, I waited until I fall asleep in the cold.” She raised her head as her teary eyes stared in TaeHyung’s eyes. “You said you found me lying there alone. Are you sure you didn’t see anyone? She said he chose me. He left her so he could be with me. Why didn’t he co---”

 

TaeHyung stood there on the same spot as he held the unconscious RuHi in his arms.

He held her in his tight embrace for at last, after 25 months, 5 days, 16 hours and 55 minutes, Kang Ru Hi has finally opened up.

 

 

 

 

 

End of the Chapter.

 

-----------------------------------------