The Dance

A Matchmaker's Dilemma

Chapter 14: The Dance

 

Kwon Yuri quickly checked her phone and saw the reminder that today is Luhan’s birthday. She got up from her bed and washed her face before eating the breakfast that Cupid Jongsuk prepared.

 

“Whoah. You could be a chef if only you are a human. Where did you learn this?” Yuri said while munching the food in .

 

Cupid Jongsuk pointed the television. “I got bored easily so I watch those chefs in that screen cooking and I imitate them.”

 

Her phone alarmed again, meaning it’s time for her to leave and go to work.

 

While she is on her way to work, Yuri sent a birthday greetings to Luhan in LINE. In just a few seconds, Luhan replied.

 

“Thank you Yuri. You’re the only one who knows it’s my birthday. I have a surprise for you when you arrived in the café.”

 

Yuri’s lips automatically formed a smile but that smiled faded when she was confused of what’s happening inside her café.

 

“Ms. Kwon?” the man in black said.

 

“Yes. That is me. Why?” she answered while looking at Seohyun, Hyeri, Yura and Jonghyun with confusion.

 

“Sir Luhan’s parents invited you to their house and he also added that you know why. They will be waiting for your presence including them after lunch. Thank you.” the guy said and gave her the keys of a van then left.

 

“Guys. We will be closing earlier than usual. It’s Luhan’s birthday today.” Yuri announced. Hyeri clapped for joy.

 

“I didn’t know that he is rich.” Yura commented and Seohyun agreed.

 

“He is rich but not that rich in kdramas you are watching. Let’s open now so we can close the shop earlier.” she replied and they started doing what they need to do.

 

Seohyun felt a pang of jealousy in her heart because Yuri knows a lot of things about Luhan.

 

Kwon Yuri called Luhan to ask him a question, “Ya! Birthday boy, what should we wear in your party?” Luhan chuckled on the other line. “A casual dress would do. I don’t know, it’s not really formal since I stopped my mother from over doing it. She just wanted to meet my friends who made me like a human, she said.”

 

They talked for a few minutes like how they used to before. “Hey. I need to end this call now. I gotta prepare for your party.”

--

 

“Let’s meet here at 1pm. Okay? Hyeri said and they all agreed. “Seohyun, I’ll give you a ride.” Yuri offered since her house is on the way.

 

“Sure. Thanks unnie.” Seohyun smiled as she puts the helmet that Yuri gave her. They couldn’t talk that much while they are on the road since the wind is so loud.

 

“See you later!” Yuri said when she dropped off Seohyun in her house. She replied with thanks.

 

Kwon Yuri arrived at her house where Cupid Jongsuk is waiting. She asked which dress she should wear. Even though, it hurts to see her giving effort to look good in front of Luhan he still helped her.

 

“Truthfully, whatever dress you wear you’ll still look fine. Trust me.” Cupid Jongsuk said in the end which made Yuri flustered. “You’re really good in pleasing ladies with your words. Thanks. I think I should wear this one.” Yuri said while pointing to the navy blue dress with lacy sleeves.

 

She matched it with a beige wedge and a simple make up then she clipped her hair. Cupid Jongsuk gave her a thumbs up.

 

They all met at the café where the van is parked. Jonghyun drived for them since he is the only guy there. Yuri gave him the address of Luhan’s house

 

In just an hour, they are welcomed by Luhan and his family.

 

“So, you guys are the one who made my son a responsible kid.” Luhan’s father said and they all chuckled. “Thank you! Especially you, Ms. Kwon.” His mother said and searched for her.

 

Yuri bowed to her and smiled. “Luhan is not that irresponsible, just a little.” And they all laughed while Luhan just sticked his tongue out. They proceeded to the entertainment room where they sing and jam at the karaoke.

 

After all those fun, it’s time for dinner. They ate dinner and cake as the dessert. Then all of a sudden, his father played some old romantic music.

 

His father asked his mother for a dance. Jonghyun also asked Yura to dance and she agreed. Hyeri was talking to Luhan’s family chef.

 

Luhan eyed Yuri and walked towards her.

 

“Will you be my first dance?” he asked her. Yuri was so shocked, too shocked to say yes but she still gave her hand.

 

They moved to the middle part of the floor. “Did I tell you that you look lovely in that dress?” Yuri chuckled as an answer. She can’t hear the music because her beating heart is so much louder.

 

No one’s talking, they are just savoring the moment until Luhan decided to speak, “I wish I could change the song to Lala by The Cab but my father will be mad.”

 

Luhan and Yuri both laughed as if it was some sort of an inside joke. He used that song to confess to Yuri. “Before I let go, can you come closer?” he whispered and she nodded. Yuri hugged him , they both smiled how their body fit with each other.

 

In that moment, Yuri knew it.

 

Seohyun on the other side, was stopping herself to cry. She looked again at Luhan, and she forced a smile. Luhan walked towards her, asked for a dance.

 

“You know, you’re my last dance.” Luhan said to her. “Really? Should I feel special?” she . “Thank you so much Seohyun. Being with you these past few days have been a blast. You have become my savior from Chorong.”

 

“No big deal.”

--

END OF CHAPTER 14. This chapter is quite long. Please comment your reaction! Sorry for the grammatical and typographical errors. Thanks for reading this chapter and please upvote/subscribe if you want.