A Gift For You

Will The Werewolves Show Up In December And Tell Me About A Neglected Boy Named Chanyeol Who Lost A Friend?

Hyun Il couldn't do it anymore. He just couldn't. He looked all around his room, letting everything swallow him up. He shook so violently he knocked over his lamp. Hyun Il stared at his broken mirror and stared at himself through it. His face was pure white and his hair stuck to his forehead. Sweat was trailing down his neck and onto his shirt. Hyun Il covered his ears as the voices got to him.

You're worthless. 

No one needs you.

You .

Go kill yourself.

You're worthless.

No one loves you.

You're an idiot.

Stupid.

A piece of .

No one likes you.

No one needs you.

You are worthless Kim Hyun Il

Hyun Il screamed as he shook his head, "GO AWAY! GO AWAY! I'M NOT! LEAVE ME ALONE! GO AWAY! GO AWAY! Go away..."

Hyun Il chocked on his sobs. He began to cry loudly and wailed as the voices grew louder.

No.

He couldn't do it.

He can't.

He'll comply to the voices.

He can't do it anymore.

He's going to lose.

He's too weak.

He just can't.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol sprang out of bed. He stared at the ceiling in front of him, letting everthing sink in. His nightmare was horrible. The boy, Hyun Il, reminded him so much of his past. It felt so real. He knew it would turn out bad if he didn't wake up. He knew what was going to happen. For once in his life, Chanyeol was glad he woke up. He blinked to let his vision adjust so he could see in the dark. Chanyeol sat up carefully as to not hit anything around him. His right hand twitched as he stared at the nurses and doctors that walked back and forth. He looked around his spot and got out of bed slowly, bringing the IV with him. His feet touched the cold floor as he walked over to the window that showcased the nurses and secretaries. A nurse looked over at him and she waved, getting no response, she pouted. Chanyeol smiled lightly before craning his neck to hear some nurses talking. All of a sudden the nurses back away and a doctor was walking with some nurses behind him, holding onto what seemed to be a stretcher. It was normal for Chanyeol. He sees these types of things everyday so it was nothing unusual. From his point of view he could see light brown locks and bangs that covered his forehead. His eye twitched as he slowly walked out of the room. A nurse was going to follow them when he tapped on her shoulder.

"Oh! Chanyeol, what is it?"

"Who was that?"

The nurse bit her bottom lip before answering, "His name is Hyun Il. He came here a few months ago; remember?"

Chanyeol nodded slowly before he began twitching. The nurse noticed this and placed her hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"Chanyeol? What's wrong? Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol's twitching got worse as she talked to him. His breathing quickened and his body shook violently. The nurse tried to calm him down, telling him to breathe in and breathe out but that was no use. Chanyeol started to hyperventilate and wheeze. He clutched his chest as he fell to the ground. His body shook and his legs and hands twitched. Chanyeol coughed and blood fell out. He continued to shake when the doctor picked him up. A nurse with a needle came near and his twitching worsened. Chanyeol screamed as the nurse injected the needle's liquid into his system. He squirmed in the doctor's arms before everything went slow.

No no no

This is bad

This is bad

No no no

The nightmares will get worse

Please

No

Please..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Shrills of laughter filled his ears. He opened them and looked at a small boy with chubby cheeks and almond shaped eyes.

"Hyung! Good morning!" 

Who was this kid? When did he get in the hospital? 

He smiled and picked up the boy and placed him on his lap, "Good morning Xiumin." 

Xiumin? Who's Xiumin? Why can't I do anything? What's going on?

"Today my big brother made pancakes. Do you like pancakes? Why don't you ever join us downstairs hyung?" 

The male merely smiled, "It's fine Xiumin. And yes, I like pancakes. Minseok used to make them for me."

Min.....Minseok...?

Chanyeol's whole point of view changed. He was now staring at a male with slightly curly long hair who was looking down at a small boy who looked no older than six. The little boy had brown hair and milky looking skin. The male had skin so white and weird it was like parchment. Chanyeol inched a little closer to take a look at the male and his eyes widened. The male had the same eyes and lips as him. He had the same facial struture as well and it creeped him out. Was this another nightmare? What was going on?

The boy nodded slowly before opening his mouth, "Yeollie hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I...can I touch your necklace?"

The male hesitated before he nodded. He un-hooked his necklace and placed it on his palm. Xiumin leaned in and touched the design of it. 

"What is it?"

"It's a pheonix."

Pheonix?

"What's a pheonix hyung?"

"A pheonix is a fire bird."

"A fire bird? It's made out of fire? That's so cool!"

The male slightly smiled. He looked down at his necklace in both fear and in pain before he hooked it back on his neck. He patted Xiumin's thigh, while the boy wrapped his small fingers around Chanyeol's long, boney digits.

"Hyung are you hungry?"

"Xiumin, I haven't been hungry since I was fifteen."

What?

"Hyung how old are you?"

"Um. I think I'm the same age as your brother maybe even younger."

Xiumin's eyes seemed to sparkle as he looked up at Chanyeol. 

This Chanyeol, however, was confused out of his mind. Was this another one of his dreams? Why did it seem so real? Especially since the Chanyeol there knows Minseok. How does he even know Minseok? All of Chanyeol's questions died out as the scene in front of him stopped and turned grey. In a flash, everything turned red.

"Chanyeol! Chanyeol!"

There was a grunt coming out of his mouth. He opened his eyes slowly to see who was in front of him.

"Oh lord, you're losing too much blood.

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he watched blood gush out of his wounds. His side had a long gash and his face was filled with scars. A nightmare. A huge nightmare. I want to wake up. I need to wake up. please.

"Oh man, Minseok went all out on you. ."

Minseok again? Minseok did this to him- er me? Why what did I do?

Chanyeol stiffled a small laugh as blood flew out of his mouth, "I blame you Junmyeon."

Junmyeon?

"This isn't the time Yeol." 

Junmyeon cursed as he sniffed the air. He wasn't the strongest so he wasn't so sure on carrying Chanyeol.

"Lord, this is gonna be so ing weird. Chanyeol I'm gonna away some of your wounds okay?"

Chanyeol just watched as Junmyeon came close to his neck and began to a wound that stopped him from breathing well. Junmyeon's tongue was hot on his neck causing Chanyeol to groan from the sting. He could've turned into his vampire form but he was too weak for that. Instead he layed on the ground, letting Junmyeon away some of the wounds that prevented him from breathing and moving. Junmyeon stared at the gash on Chanyeol's stomach. He took off his plaid shirt and ripped it in half. He began to wipe away some of the blood from the wound before throwing the soaked half away. He let his tongue dart on the gash, steam appearing. Chanyeol groaned again, moving a little to the side. Junmyeon took one big before he looked at the gash slowly but surely stop bleeding. He got the other half of his shirt and tied it around the area. Junmyeon got up and lend a hand at the male. Chanyeol looked up at him and grabbed his hand. He was panting from the session, as much as he doesn't want to admit it, he enjoyed it and it got him a little excited even if he was hurt. Chanyeol leaned onto the shorter for support. Junmyeon began to walk, helping a limping Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol watched with his eyes wide open. Who was this person? Was he even human? How did he do that? Chanyeol watched Junmyeon bring the other Chanyeol to a huge place that was about four stories high. He looked all around it and realized they weren't in a city. They were more in the woods. Trees covered here and there and the only thing you saw that was urban was the building right in front of him.

"Kyungsoo! Get your stuff ready!"

There was a loud and fast sound of pit patter that filled the house. Kyungsoo was the first down the stairs followed by Sehun, Jongin, and Baekhyun. Baekhyun let out a low yet loud yelp as he watched Junmyeon help Chanyeol walk to a room. Kyungsoo opened the door quickly and rushed the both of them inside. He closed the door and began to take things out of a packet. Chanyeol eyed him up and down as Kyungsoo took out his supplies. Kyungsoo looked over at Junmyeon before glancing over the door. Junmyeon saw the hint and walked out of the room, leaving Kyungsoo to unwrap the cloth from Chanyeol's sides. Junmyeon looked at the three males who stared at him in awe and in disbelief. 

"Hyung? Blood? Are you a vampire?"

"What happened to your shirt? Why are you only wearing your tanktop?"

"Did you... him?"

Chanyeol watched as Junmyeon began to explain everything. One of them, an emotionless looking one, seemed relieved as another one looked panicked. A tanned one bit his lip as he listened to Junmyeon speak. Chanyeol heard everything and the only thing that struck him was the phrase Junmyeon told them, "Sehun I'm not a vampire. Once a werewolf?" "Always a werewolf." the others had said. They were werewolves. Werewolves. Chanyeol's head swayed to the side as he felt a headache. The sound of static filled his ears. He gripped his hair and covered his ears in attempt for the noise to go away.

 

 

 

Everything was too quick and Chanyeol found himself in his hospital bed again. He looked all around and found himself strapped down on his bed. He groaned. He must of moved a little too much as he slept. He probably hurt someone in the process. He watched a nurse come in a his room.

"Do you feel better?"

Chanyeol nodded, "A whole lot calmer. I'm sorry if I hurt anyone, I really am."

"It's fine. Anyways, the doctor said that you had to get fresh air so I'm taking you to the garden."

A smile found its way on Chanyeol's lips as he got up. He let the female walk him out of his room and into the halls of the hospital. He smiled at some of the patients as he made his way to the outside. The female nurse left Chanyeol at the bench before she went inside to do some paper work. Chanyeol looked at the people that walked by. The static noise came again making Chanyeol place a hand to his ear. All of a sudden he felt dizzy. His head swayed back and forth before he froze in place. 

He wasn't awake.

He was still asleep because he just saw himself holding hands with a another male, a shorter one that seemed familar. The static went away as he got up and followed the couple. The two where wearing matching shoes and black jeans. The short one wore what seemed to be a sweater of three colors; red, orange and grey. Chanyeol wore a red shirt and his hair seemed to be up in one direction while the other's was down. The two held hands all the way to their distination, a cafe.

The two sat in front of each other before letting go of their hands. The short one got up, saying something, before walking into the cafe. Chanyeol stared at himself, watching Chanyeol with intense eyes. Everything seemed to have fast forward because the two were standing and looking straight at someone. Chanyeol noticed the hard gaze his other self had while the shorter one was about to cry; hidden behind his fake smile. He looked up and saw two other males. 

"Junmyeon..."

Chanyeol stared at the short one who shook his hands when the other held them. He was Junmyeon; the one from the nightmare. From the look of everything, there was soem type of history that went on. He watched as Junmyeon walked awaya with his other self, leaving the other two alone. Chanyeol ran after the two and found them on a couch. The short male was in Chanyeol's arms as he tried to calm down. Chanyeol watched everything from a distance, his eyes fixed on what was going to happen, as if he watching a movie. 

Chanyeol lifted his chin and wiped his tears with his finger. He stared at Junmyeon's face before placing his lips on the older's. Junmyeon had his eyes closed as Chanyeol took the lead. Without knowing Junmyeon was under Chanyeol as he stared down at him. Chanyeol's black locks touching his forehead as they kissed again. He smiled down at the older who smiled back.

"Hyung, start anew. But this time, with me."

This Chanyeol was in love with Junmyeon. This was a different Junmyeon. Chanyeol didn't understand this at all.

Why was this happening? He never had these types of dreams. He only had dreams like the ones about Hyun Il that haunted him. Not once had he have these types of dreams. Chanyeol watched as everything blurred. He watched as everything stopped and a new screen filled his vision. 

Chanyeol was standing in a hallway of an unknown place. It wasn't that building in the woods and it wasn't the hospital either. He furrowed his eyebrows as people walked right through him. He heard a door opening and saw someone walk out.

Chanyeol's heart stopped. 

He couldn't believe it.

Minseok was right there.

Minseok was right there.

Chanyeol watched as Minseok walked down the hallway. Minseok stopped to smile at someone before he walked again. He followed the older all the way to a room. Chanyeol noticed something different about Minseok. He was skinnier and he was so small. What happened to bubbly, musical Minseok? 

Minseok opened the door and walked to a piano.

Musical Minseok is right here, Chanyeol thought as he smiled.

He walked over to it and sat on the stool as he took in a breath. He set his delicate pale fingers on some keys. The keys responded as Minseok pressed on different ones, creating the melody and beat he had in mind even if it took more than an hour to make. The room started to be filled with the beautiful sound of Minseok singing.

Chanyeol smiled at the music. He loved it when Minseok sang and when he played the instruments. He remembers the older all too well.

Many people would ask why Minseok didn't sing like Luhan, he would just smile and say he wasn't 'good enough' to do that. Responses like those would piss off some different singers like Luhan, Yixing, and Henry. They would say what came right in their mind, they would say that Minseok was a great singer. But the reason why Minseok didn't become a singer and become a song writer instead was because he can't take in too much excited (and he doesn't have much confidence in himself.) He had problems because of that. There would be moments where Minseok was found singing and those moments were rare. Right now, it's one of those moments. Minseok was singing to his heart's content. He put in so much emotion into every lyric as he sang and played. As the last lyric rolled off his tongue, Minseok played the last few keys before darkness overcame him. 

Chanyeol watched as Minseok layed on the piano keys. The same sound repeating. He walked over to the older and tried to touch his forehead onl for his hand to go right through.

Minseok just layed there.

With his eyes closed and his breathing gone.

Not even a few minutes and Chanyeol saw the mix of red and blue all over Minseok and shook his head.

No, not again.

He can't bare to lose Minseok again. 

The door opened and in came a male who looked like a child. He walked over to Minseok and his hair. He watched as the male shook Minseok, trying to get him awake. The male called his name over and over again before he picked up Minseok and ran out, yelling at the people in the hallways. There was panic and guilt all over the male as Chanyeol followed him. He watched as a paramedic appeared and checked Minseok. Chanyeol began to tear up. Everything brought up memories. He watched as the paramedic gave a look over at the male who stayed frozen in place.

Minseok was dead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol screamed as he sprang up in bed, again. He had tears running down his face as he looked at the wall in front of him. He breathed in and out slowly, like how the nurses had told him so he could calm down. Chanyeol rubbed his eyes, noticing he wasn't strapped. He looked around his room and relaxed. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. The ac was and fresh air was hitting his skin. Chanyeol looked at his hand and his feet to make sure he was real. He raised a hand and pinched hid arm resulting in himself yelping. Chanyeol smiled, a wave of relief covering him. He heard the door open and in came a male. The male walked over to Chanyeol and introduced himself for what seemed to be his hundredth time. Mr. Choi took out his notebook and sat on one of the chairs.

"The doctors and nurses told me that you have been having nightmares for the past months."

Chanyeol's eyes widened. He stared at the male in disbelief.

"You're saying that I've been screaming when I wake up for months? But everything was going so fast! How?"

"You wake up from your nightmare and you stay half awake and half asleep all the time. Everything seemed to happen fast because you didn't really ever wake up. You were asleep for the month that the doctors thought you had fallen into a coma."

Chanyeol looked down at his hands as they began to fidgt around.

"Would you like to share your dreams?"

"I had a dream of Minseok hyung."

Chanyeol heard pen on paper so he continued talking, "He was way too skinny and he didn't seem happy at all. I didn't know what was going on but that he went to a piano and he played it. He played a song and sang it too. In his mind he remembered these people called Luhan, Henry, and Yixing. After he finished singing and playing, he just....fell. He fell on the piano and stayed there. H-he...he died.."

Mr. Choi nodded, a way for Chanyeol to continue.

"Another dream was about me and a guy named Junmyeon. We were...dating? We held hands and walked to a cafe. Everything happened so fast we got into a small argument with two other people, one who seemed to have history with Junmyeon. After that we walked back to a place I assume was either his or mine. There I hugged him and kissed him. Telling him to start anew with me."

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows, "This one was very weird. I was attacked and bleeding. And Junmyeon told me that Minseok did that to me. Minseok hurt me? I was bleeding and this Junmyeon guy away the wounds. He brought me to a place so big and took me into a room with a short guy. I think his name was Kyungsoo. After that, my point of view focused on Junmyeon who talked with three other people. Sehun, Jongin, and Baekhyun where their names. It turned out that all of them there was a wolf. A werewolf!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! It was so strange...but what kind of freaked me out was the second to first dream. I'm going by recent Mr. Choi. In my second dream I woke up to laughter. I saw this kid who resembled Minseok when he was younger. He had chubby cheeks and almond eyes. But his name was Xiumin. But the me there was way different. I had curly, long brown hair and skin so white it had the texture of parchment! So this Xiumin kid asked me, well the Chanyeol there, if I liked pancakes and I said something around the lines of "Yes because Minseok used to make some." I was so confused because that me knew Minseok. My Minseok because Minseok also used to make me pancakes when we lived together."

Mr. Choi nodded as he jotted more notes down. Chanyeol watched him before playing with his legs.

"The first was the worst dream."

"What was it?"

"Do you know a boy here that goes by Hyun Il?"

Mr. Choi nodded.

"I had a dream where Hyun Il let the voices win him. He was shaking and sweating so bad. He yelled at the voices telling them to go away but the voices were too strong. What made him lose was the last thing the voices said. They said 'You are worthless Hyun Il'."

Mr. Choi was now staring at him. Chanyeol couldn't read his expression so he sighed, "And when I woke up, and saw someone on a stretcher I asked who it was and the nurse said it was Hyun Il. He had lost. He had tried to kill himself because the voices took over. He let them win...just like how I didn."

Mr. Choi stared at Chanyeol who was playing with his fingers. He got up and ruffled his hair, "Chanyeol you didn't lose. You won. You haven't heard the voices in a long while right?"

Chanyeol nodded slowly, realization hitting him in the face.

Chanyeol didn't lose.

He won.

Chanyeol won the voices.

"And Hyun Il will too. He'll win the voices too."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Years had passed and Chanyeol was out of the hospital. Everything was clear in his mind and the only thing that mattered to him was getting a job and getting right back to what he left. He had once promised to Minseok that if either of them died the other was going to live for him. Chanyeol was going to live for Minseok because Minseok is looking down at him from Heaven. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Months passed and Chanyeol had a job at a department of music. It was a three story department. Chanyeol worked on the second floor where the guitars and drums where at. Chanyeol worked there because he knew a lot of his favorite instruments. He knew others as well, thanks to Minseok, but his favorite where the drums and guitars. Chanyeol was casually standing behind the counter as he watched people walk in and check the instruments on that floor. He walked out of his counter to help some of the people and helped a specific person as well. A male was touching the guitars and naming them which made Chanyeol smile.

"You seem to know your guitars. You must like them as much as I do!"

The male only looked at him with wide eyes.

"Are you okay? Is something wrong?

Chanyeol smiled in his mind because he knew who this person was. The male got up hastly, almost knocking down a guitar. 

"S-sorry. I like guitars but I don't play them. I'm a pianoist."

Chanyeol smiled before he responded, "I know. You're one of the best pianoist known for here in Seoul."

"W-what?"

"Well, you are Byun Baekhyun, right?"

"How do you know my name?"

"I've studied your pieces. Played them with my guitars." It was true. When Chanyeol got out he immediately searched up music and Baekhyun's piano solos were one of the many that he listened to and practiced. 

"Really?"

Chanyeol nodded, adjusting his reading glasses as he smiled at Baekhyun. The shorter blushed.

"What's your name by the way?"

"Oh! Heh, sorry about that hehe. I'm Park Chanyeol."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun turned out to be someone important in Chanyeol's heart and life. 

Chanyeol had let go of Minseok.

Not entirely, he still thought of the older.

When Baekhyun told him a story about another Chanyeol, it made Chanyeol slowly freak out because of his passed nightmares but he calmed down. Because Baek shared a story Chanyeol told him one as well.

He told him about Minseok. 

Baekhyun had comforted him and everything was okay.

Everything was okay because Chanyeol had won.

He had won and years later,

Hyun Il had won as well.