Chapter 1: Chasing the Dream

Special Encounter ♥

        Yoona was just an ordinary Korean American girl with big dreams. Sometimes she would imagine herself in a big movie with famous actors and actresses. Her parents discouraged her to start a career in acting. You won't make it and you will be heartbroken when you find out that they don't like you was the line that her parents kept telling her. She didn't take it to heart, most of the time. It was just an ordinary day and Yoona kept thinking about her dream. Ever since she was a little girl she would join the drama club at her school and join the plays. She was very eunthusiastic when she thought of the idea of being a wide known actress. Now a days she would look online for opportunities to at least have a small role in a movie. She was tired of the Shakespeare plays that would be presented once a year. She wanted to learn more about the art of acting. Scrolling down on her Facebook page, she found this korean page. It read:

Want to learn more about acting? Join the School of Performing Arts here in Seoul, Korea. We have only a few spots left so hurry and enter your audition. 

         Yoona became interested and read more about this School in Korea. I have to send in a video as an audition? Wow, this looks good, she thought. She had to send a video of herself reenacting a scene from the famous kdrama, Fated To Love You. On the page it also said that if she got picked to join the school, she could get a full scholarship to the school. She got excited for this chance of joining a really good school. The next day Yoona decided to tell her parents. She was a bit hesistant but she thought it was the right thing to do. 

          After talking to her parents, Sara felt horrible. She thought about what her parents had said about the whole situation. What? A School for Performing Arts? You're crazy. I told you what I thought about your little dream. Her mom's words hurt but not compared to her dad's. Why would you go to Korea to learn about acting? Let me tell you something. Do you remember the time you auditioned for Hamlet and do you remember crying because the audition went horrible. You had told me that the directors didn't even smile after the audition and they didn't clap like like the others who auditioned. I don't want to spend money on something that isn't even worth it. You won't make it, I assure you. Sara also thought of what she had told them. What? I am not asking you two for your permission, I'm just informing you. I really want this, and this is a great opportunity to start a new career. I'm tired of working part time and doing something I don't like. I just thought it would be right to tell you two about this. I don't want to be a lawyer or doctor. I'm going to audition. I am not going to borrow your money, I'm going to save up to go to Korea if I get accepted. What Yoona had said, made them really speechless. She left after saying it. 

         The following week, she started to think of what scene to reenact. After lots of thought she decided to reenact the scene were the main actress calls out the lead guys name in the middle of the street before she loses her child. That scene always made Yoona bawl her eyes out. It brought out a lot of emotion so she thought it would be perfect to show the judges. The next day she began to start filming the video. She wasn't good at editing so she invited her friend Hani. 

        "So do you really think this is going to work?" Hani said with hesitation.

         "Yes of course. I'm confident." Yoona said strongly. 

        Yoona is the type of girl that had major confidence. She is very persistent in everything she does. Everyone admired her for it but sometimes she was over-confident. Some just didn't like her because she seemed cocky and not nice to be around. Yoona's personality kind of confused many but she didn't care what people thought of her, well for now. 

        It was 8 o'clock. Hani was almost done editing the video and Yoona was so tired. 

         "Thank you so much for doing this. You're the best." Yoona said with a smirk. 

          "Yeah no problem. You know, you should buy me dinner", Hani said jokingly.

          Yoona nodded and asked her what place she would like to go to. Hani immediatly suggested a korean restaurant. The girls went there and had a wonderful time. Woah, these are the best noodles I've ever had in my life. I wonder if they had this restaurant in Korea.

 _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

         Three months have passed and in a week the School of Performing Arts in Korea was going to announce who got accepted to the school. She was of course nervous. She hadn't heard of her parents in weeks and that made her sad about what she had said to them. But since she was confident she was going to get in, she decided to just let it slide. It's not a big deal. 

        The day came when she was going to hear about the school. She invited her friend Hani to come because she at least wanted someone she was close with to come. Even though Yoona was a very confident person, she wasn't at that moment. She was doubted her chance of getting in; she didn't say anything to anyone. She was the type of person that didn't show her feelings. 

        All of a sudeen a post was posted from the korean school. There was a picture of all the names of people that were accepted. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SCHOOL OF PERFORMING ARTS 

SEOUL, KOREA

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO AUDITIONED. SADLY THERE WERE ONLY 10 PEOPLE WHO GOT ACCEPTED. WE WILL SEND YOU A MESSAGE ON FACEBOOK WITH YOUR SCHEDULE. IF YOU DIDN'T GET ACCEPTED AUDITION FOR NEXT YEAR. THANK YOU.

JUNG MEYON

PARK EUN TAE

CHOI SOO ANN

JO BYEOUNG KEUN

YOON SE HONG

SUNG MI NA

SUNG AEI YONG

AHN YOUNG JA

KIM DAE SUNG

IM YOONA

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
           Yooona stood there, staring at the computer screen. I've been choosen?....