Get the Girl

Standing like a ghost (shaking from the rain)

 

"Seems like it's going be a long cold night, right Unnie?" Junghee asked her sister as she closed the window, drops slightly wetting her face. However, her sister didn't even pay attention, the elder was leaning against the window, finger absent-mindedly drawing patterns on the fogged glass. 

"Come on," Junghee said rolling her eyes. "It's been six months, you were on an exchange program, i'm sure Lu-something is probably fine, if you want you could give her a call." 

Miseon snapped out of her daze, as she glared at her little sister. "Firstly, his name is Luhan and he's a he if you didn't notice," She drawled. 

Has it really been six months? She knew she shouldn't have met him, he was strange, with his extremely girly hair and his pretty smile. 

Luhan was a typical boy, he was Chinese, 5''10 and extremely girly. Even with that, he managed to sneak himself into her heart.  

She was an exchange student for a whole semester, ready to brush up on her chinese skills, fulfilling her dreams of working in the Chinese industry someday. Does she regret it? Not at all.

A sharp knock was heard, cutting through the silence, filled only with rain falling on the asphalt.  "Unnie, i'm cooking, please get the door." Her sister yelled from kitchen. Minseon stood up and pulled the chain off the door. She was surprised to see a shivering Luhan by the door.

"Luhan, what the heck. Are you insane, you're going to get sick." 

He just smiled as if he wasn't dripping wet from head to foot, his lips turning slight blue. Slowly, as he opened his mouth, it was as quick as he shut it. 

"Get in here," She said pulling him inside by the hand, sitting him on the couch by the fire.

"Unnie who was it?" Junghee poked her head out, and upon seeing the shivering male on the couch, she nodded understandingly.  "I'll go make some tea."

Minseon sat infront of Luhan, a  towel in her hand. "Luhan, what were you thinking?" She asked, drying his hair for him. He kept silent and Minseon knew she couldn't get through him, instead she opted to dry his hair someone. Awkward silence followed, that was, until Luhan pulled her into a hug, burying his face into her neck. 

"I thought, i'd never see you again." He mumbled. She gently patted his back, "I'm sorry, Luhan."

Pulling away, he shook his head. "I'm sorry, I never knew it would be this way. I got mad a you, I didn't know."His thoughts drifted back a while back, on what happen on that night  when his world cracked. 

Miseon was packing her bags, he didn't understand why. "I'm leaving now, Luhan."

"Why?" He asked angrily. 

"Why are you mad?" She asked, picking her suitcase up.

He didn't get why she had to leave, leave their shared apartment, leave school, leave China, leave her friends and lastly leave him.

"I have to go home, I know it's rash but i'm needed back home," She said placing a hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged her away harshly. "You can't leave, I won't let you."

"I have to."

"Am I that unimportant to you, that you can't even tell me why you're leaving or even when you're coming back or even at least, even feel a bit sad. I'm looking at your face, you don't seem to be the least bit sad."

Minseon looked at him straight in the eye, "I am, i'm sorry but I have to leave." Before he could even reply, she had left. It had ruined him and hurt him.

Flashback to the present, she was with him, and to be honest, that's all that matters. He was still hugging her, a smile on his lips

"I get it, you weren't a permanent student, and even if this might sound cheesy, you didn't want to hurt me by leaving, so you'd think it was better for you to make me want you to leave instead."

Minseon smiled as she pulled away looking at him, "When did you get that smart?"

"I watched four dramas with ZiMei and  read a volume of manga with Yifan, I guess, it makes you sappy at some point," He replied cheekily.

She giggled at his response, "Well, i'm glad you learned something. How's everyone back home."

"They're fine, Yixian actually took us here, she seemed to have made two new Korean friends, rich too, booked us a plane over here. What were they're names, Jongin and Sehun?"

The girl rolled her eyes, no wonder her little brother begged her for some cash, he and his little dweeb friend, Sehun flew four people from China, that idiot.

"Well, what's important is you're here now." She replied pulling him closing to him, pressing her lips on his slightly cold ones.

"I love you." She mumbles against his mouth, memories flashing through her mind, soft kisses against her cheeks, smiles, nightly encounters that meant more  than just words. 

"I love you more." He replied, leaning his forehead against hers. They both burst into giggles, as they leaned in for another kiss.

 

And that's how it works

that's how you kept the girl

 

epilogue

 

"Yes, Baekhyun. They're being disgusting right now.They're in the living room, they've been at it for a while now."

"No, they are worse that you and Chanyeol, drunk. Oh my gosh, i think they're done. No wait, false alarm. Never mine, i'll call you back later."

Junghee sighed and picked up a plate filled of food and headed upstairs. This was going to be an extremely long cold night.

 

Somewhere...

"Yixian- jie,call Luhan-ge, He was supposed to get out take-out hours ago, i'm hungry."

"Just go back to your drama, i'll go cal him."

Yixian pulled out her phone for what was the fifth time, wait no, fifty-fifth time. 

The number you have dialed is not available at the moment, please leave a message.

She swears she'll kill Luhan someday.


Thanks for reading, please comment and subscribe if you want. <3