To you

To my girlfriend

The man walked slowly inside his apartment, everything feels so normal like every other day of him. On his hands are the files, paper from work, tiring, it's the only thing appeared on his mind right now. From the living room, he can hear the light sound from his T.V, someone is watching a film. He knows who it was already from the noise of the film. And he even know what film is playing. He walked casually into his bedroom first to put all the work away and found something else to wear instead of the formal suit that he had to wear all day. The noise is still out there, he can hear it clearly even though he is in the shower. That person must have known about his existence right now. He laughed at the childish action and continue his bath.

" It’s all a cliché. These scenes are so typical, as if I’ve seen them hundreds of times"  the man spoke to the one who is sitting on his couch and kept staring at the screen with the teary eyes. She is crying again. It's actually not the first time, he saw her cry because of a film like that. The main characters got hurt because of their relationship and then they had to break up and all the pain gang them up. But then, someone appeared and light up the boy or the girl's world and they started feeling happy once again before all the pain came and took the original couple back together. But this girl, she doesn't cry not only for the main couples but also the side ones.

" It's just sad..." she trailed off as she keeps watching the film. The man laughed at her before giving her some tissue to wipe away those tears.

" And you 've watched this film for more than 100 times. I will let you cry until your eyes bleed. I need to cook some ramen. Come and eat after you are done" the man patted her head and stood up from his seat and went inside the kitchen to cook his favorite ramen. The girl sat there and stared at the back of the man and smiled sadly at herself. How long will it be for her to be near him like this. Everything must come to an end right. And her tears suddenly fall again without her notice.

 

" Your ramen . It doesn't even taste good"  the girl complained as she eat the noddles. The man kept eating too but he can't even deny the fact the that noddles was too overcooked. 

" At least, someone is still eating all of it" he talked back as if it's still one of the best ramen in this world. The girl starred at the bowl of noddles and tried to eat all of food inside. Silence once again surrounded them. No one actually speaks, they just eat the food. Sometimes, they stopped to ask each other something about their daily's life. It seems so normal like every other couples' lives. They cared about each other, talked and shared about the hardship in life, they comforted each other when one needs. But they are actually not lovers. They are just friends with benefits. They are there for each other but not for love. They live next door and just simply need someone to cover the loneliness or sometimes their needs in life.

" What are you thinking?" the girl asked the boy as he keeps staring at his mobile's screen after receiving some message during the meal. She doesn't need to turn around to know that he is still starring at it. She is washing the dish and the dishes and they man is there to keep her company instead of standing alone in the kitchen.

" I think that i am in love" the girl smiled at the words once again. Yeah, finally,  she can hear this words from him that means they are gonna end this kind of relationship very soon. Does she feel sad or upset a little bit? They are just friends with benefits after all. She still does, because love always hurts the one thinks about it the most. But she must feel happy for him too.

" it's really good right? We are gonna be normal friends if you get that girl"

" I think......"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I think that i like you" the girl confessed to the boy when they just came back from the parade on the street for christmas. The boy starred at the girl for a momment before he smiled at her and patted her head like usually.

" I know. But i don't like you" the boy knows it. Yes, he does. He knows everything, every small action of her towards him. They way she always stars at him, the way she would blush from his small touch or words. But he doesn't love her. It's one of the truth and he couldn't lie.

" I know. I just want to tell you my feeling" the girl bravely smiled at him. They both stood outside under the snow and looked at each other. The boy is shocked a little bit since it's the first time that a girl can still smile when he rejects her. This girl is really interesting, he thought.

" Do you want to become my friend, a friend with benefits?" he suddenly spoke without thinking much. He just needs someone or something to entertain his life. The girl bite her lips and thought hard about it. She just got rejected by the boy she likes, the first one that she really likes in her life but he doesn't want her love but some other kind of benefits. Should she slap him right in the face or kick him down? But then she just nodded her head and they both came inside the building and started a complicated relationship.

 

" I think that i love you " the girl confessed again when she was lying inside the boy's arm after a long night. They have started this relationship for about 6 months and everything just goes smoothly. No one speaks about the feelings of the girl, no one act too much like real lovers. And the boy is just fine with that. He has someone to keep up his needs, to talk and keep company. He doesn't really care about love. And once again, the girl just confessed and this time the " L" word is spoken.

" i know. But we are just friends with benefits. You know that i don't love you"  He is not shocked again. He knew it for a long time but he doesn't actually care. He knows that anyone would fall in love with him if they spend enough time with him. But like he said, he just needs someone to not to feel lonely. He is greedy, he knows it. Because he knows that this girl wouldn't leave him until he tells her to leave. Because the girl does love but he doesn't so he wouldn't have to care too much aboout being hurt in the end.

" i know....i just want to confess..." the girl trailed off as she started to fall asleep right next to him. Again, she didn't cry or scream or do anything that would make him hate her. He laughed a little bit at her for her action. This girl never cries when she got hurt but she easily cry for a film.

 

" What are you thinking?" not until the man asked for twice that the girl had turned around and looked at him.She just smiled a bit and turned her gaze back window

" Maybe it’s gonna rain tomorrow" she gave him a answer that's not really an answer. These days, they haven't talked much to each other. The girl hasn't spent much time in his apartment. Maybe they are just busy with life.For some reason, life got busier than before.

" This is gonna be our last time together. At least, you should pay attention to me or shed tears since we are breaking up right?" the boy and tried to lighten up the awkward feelings around her these days. Then an unconcious sigh left his mouth. He tried to keep up the bright atmosphere but it feels like his action and facial expression does not match the scence, everything feels like the subtitles of a film are false. The girl turned around and smiled at him, this time sadly. Tomorrow, he is going to go his own way. The girl that he said that he was in love with finally accepted his love. And they both decided to call it off. Today, they just both celebrate for this break up. A complicated relationship. The smile on the girl's face die out right the moment she turned her face back to the window. Is this the punishment for her to want a movie-like love? But there wasn't any plot- twist. They were always having twists on top of twists. She can hear it loudly, even words are unsaid. She tried to pretend otherwise but she has  already know. This damn feeling that suffocates her breath more and more. Maybe she trapped him inside her useless fantasy. Maybe he tried out a role for her that didn’t really fit. She tried to wait till the end but she had to end it anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It did rained the day after, and the day after tomorrow and for the whole week. The news is on the T. V talking about the dangerrous slipping roands that caused many accidents and someone even died. The man slowly took his step back home like usually. Everything feels so normal. But today, the girl- next-door's apartment is a little noisier than normal. A man stepped out from her home and brought many boxes with him. The man starred at the other man who has just came back to his apartment. They both looked at each other and bowed to acknowledge the other. The man smiled at the other and twisted the doorknob and go inside. He the light of the dark room, this time the apartment is very quiet. He then came inside his bedroom first and then to the bathroom. After that, he came to kitchen and started making some ramen again. All the noise that could be heard is from outside. People are talking to each other, the other man is the brother of the girl. He is moving all of her stuff out of that room and give the key back to the owner of the building. She is no longer living in there. The conversation can be heard clearly as he cooked the noddles. After awhile, every noise died out. No one is outside anymore, everything is back to silence. He sat there in the kitchen again and started his ramen. Sometimes, he had to stop and starred the empty sit infront of him. No one is there, no one complains about his ramen anymore. Everything seems so peaceful but he had to admit that the ramen tastes really bad. After everything is done, he started washing the dishes again while listening to the sound of the thunder. Maybe it’s gonna rain tomorrow. After washing the dishes, he came into the living room and the T.V and started watching some movies that he has on the disk shelf. The girl forgot to bring them home again. " I think that i love you ", some sound from the flashback just turned back. He laughed at how cliché the film can be. This is actually the third times that he watched it and he is still wondering how the girl can cry from time to time. And then a message appeared on his phone. He looked at the name and sighed before decided to text something

" Let's break-up" ' Let's bbreak up'  It feels like a spoiler when the lead female texted to her boyfriend. The man had just finished the same line and pressed ' send' button. And the music on the background started playing. It's so emotional. The man starred at the phone's screen before looked at the T.V again. He laughed again and then his tears suddenly falls. Unaware of it, he kept watching the film again and again for the whole week and the rain hasn't stopped yet.

 

' She had an accident when she was driving on the road to the airport this morning. We saw that you are the last one that she had contact with so we called you and hope that you can come here.'

' We are very sorry to tell you that she couldn't make it. The damage was severe'

' She said that she wanted to go abroad to have a new life. She wanted to forget someone here and next time she would be the main character'

The morning of funeral feels so upset. The man stayed there until everyone decided to go home. In his hand, he had one rose, her favorite flower. He keeps starring at the picture of her for awhile. Rain is falling down on his formal suit. Today he looks very nice like always because she said that she always like him like these. The man shed tears and wipe them quickly again. Some flashback started coming back to him again and again. He had come to see her the last time. They seperate just a day before and then everything happened so quickly just like that. The man kneeled down and touched her face, the picture on her grave, her face is still beautiful like always. He took out a handkerchief and wipe the raindrop on the picture. It makes her look like she is crying on her smiling face. After all, he left a letter at her grave and stood up and went home.

' Hey,

This might sound so strange but i think that i really like you. But we need to end our relationship soon. We can't be friends like this anymore.

Do you think that someday we can finish a movie marathon at my apartment again. Sorry, i'm being too much. But do you think that you might want to become my girlfriend? I won't let wait for you anymore. I won't ask twice. I decided it, you would be my girlfriend from now on.

This is so for you, my girlfriend.

To you my girlfriend.................................