Gone

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As he wandered around the now empty house, his eyes flickered to every item. Each one of them contained a little piece of her and that was all he was left with. He walked into the dining room and there on the counter was the little music box. 

"Yixing, do you think she'll like it?"

"Your little sister will like anything you get for her. Because she loves you."

He smiled as he played the tune and recalled the memory. It was birthday present Hyesung got for her little sister, Hyemi. The once melodious tune now sounded like a sad echo of the past. He continued on to the dining table. There laid a broken vase with wilted flowers. You couldn't tell what flowers they were since they were so wilted it was black. But Yi Xing knew. Hye Sung's favourite flowers were lavender.

"Don't get me roses on Valentines Day." she told him when they first started dating. "They're so cliche. Lavenders are much better." And so he faithfully got her Lavenders every Valentines Day.

The pantry was still full of food. They were expired, but nobody bothered to clear them out. Nobody came aside from him and he couldn't bear to clear them away. They were all memories.

"Remember, Hyemi likes Lays brand for her potato chips. The last time I got her those from Jack and Jill she was so upset. Oh and we should get greek yogurt. The normal one is too fattening." Hyesung rambled on at the supermarket. "I don't think you're fat though." Yi Xing moved his hands down to her tummy and squeezed it, Surprised, Hyesung gave a squeak and whacked him on the arm. "Don't do that! You know I'm ticklish." she laughed.

He walked into a small room. One that was once bright and pink. It was covered in a layer of dust now that no one came. The small bed was also stripped of it's cover. This was Hyemi's room. Hyemi was Hyesung's only family and Yi Xing treated her like his own sister. She was gone now just like Hyesung.

"But I reaaally want it." Hyemi whined and blinked her eyes as she pointed at the Hello Kitty plush toy. "You already have 3 other same ones at home. I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter