The millionaire's dark side

The Rose Givers

10 minutes late for his extremely crucial very important meeting, Lee Taemin nearly ran to the meeting room upon arriving at Harper Corporation. A massive building of steel and glass. The interior is decked with marble floor and a simplistic design of white wall with classy black and white paintings along the wall. Lee Taemin likes to keep things minimal and efficient. The less objects in his way the better it is!

One hour later –

“God I can’t believe you were 10 minutes late for the meeting Taeminie” Key, Taemin’s good friend and business partner mutter, astonished. Lee Taemin is a man of efficiency, especially when it comes to his business and money.

“Oh shut up Key, the stupid car broke down at Hell’s Street. THE Hell’s Street” Taemin rolled his eyes, annoyed at the thought of Hell’s Street and the annoying guy who gave him a rose. *I wonder where I put that rose?* shoving his hands into his pockets.

“OUCH” Taemin’s right hand jump out of his pocket, visibly bleeding as if it was pricked by a thorn. Carefully he put his left hand into his pocket and retrieve a scrunched up and broken stalk of rose. Taemin sighed and turn around to see Key at his side, eyes wide, wondering what a rose was doing in his friends’s pocket.

“Uhhh, you’re not planning to give me that right?”

 

*knock knock*

Taemin sighed. Just 15 minutes ago he arrived at his office, sloppily washed and wrapped his bleeding finger with a plaster and barked at his secretary to bring him coffee wanting badly to have some silence and peace, ALONE.

“Come in”

Timidly, his timid secretary enters. A 21 year old with her hair tied into a tight bun and a pair of nerdy glasses on her small nose. She never dares to meet eyes with her boss despite having worked for him for centuries. Taemin couldn’t really blame her, he was pretty intimidating and as long as the girl do her job efficiently and well, all is good.

“What” Taemin deadpanned. Still annoyed.

“Uhh, the owner of the land Harper Corporation just bought yesterday called, offer money to us and begged us to give back the land to him. He said he never agreed to selling away the land. He didn’t know how we got the land and said it was not right. He said the land is home of an orphanage house and they also plant vegetables and fruits there to sell to the market as a means of survival. He said it’s cruel to snatch away the land. It’s all he and the people of the orphanage has. He actually wanted to talk to you but you had a meeting so err, I told him I’ll pass this on to you boss.” The timid 21 year old timidly clarified, eyes darting quickly at her notes in case she missed out anything.

Taemin snorts. For Lee Taemin, those kind of powerless people who begs after the contract is sealed and money is passed are pointless.

“Ignore him. “ He huffs.

“What if he calls again?”

“Then tell him the land is now Harper Corporation’s and in one month we expect the land to be empty or we’ll take the matters in our own hands. End of any compromisation. Now leave me alone, my head aches.”

“Yes boss” and the timid secretary left. As silent as she enters.

Leaning back on his black leather chair, Taemin close his eyes and snickers as the memories of people begging, threatening, crying, cursing, yelling, even wailing at him and his company to return back their money, their property, their business, their life, their happiness to them. All of those went down the drain. When it comes to Lee Taemin, those people are trash. They do nothing but scream at life. All he cares about is money. Lee Taemin will do anything to obtain more and more money, let it be right or wrong, nice or cruel, everything is fair in war of money. As long as he has money, everything else in his way are trash. As cruel as it is, that  thought of his are what caused Harper’s Corporation to rise and expand so quickly in 6 years.

Contented now that no one is distrupting his peace, Taemin open his eyes and take a sip of his coffee placed at the corner of his table on a black tray. His attention now shifted to the stacks of papers in front of him.

“For money"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the same time outside of Lee Taemin’s room, a silent storm is brewing.

If only he realized.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

 

*Ring ring*

“Yes, Harper’s Corporation”

“Hi, I’m Kwon Arissa and I want to meet your boss”