The beginning

The Rose Givers

 

 

As every typical day in 7th Avenue Street or better knows as Hell Street, it was a nightmare. Cars speeding by, booming car honks blaring, unpatient drivers yelling, smartly dressed pedestrians hustling, chimes of shop doors opening, closing, as people speedily move with each of their business. Never once, sparing their oh so precious time to take a peek at the lovely white clouds elegantly floating in the sky, like pieces of your thoughts at the brightest days waiting for you to realise them. Going through 7th Avenue street is like going through a war with metallic monsters and human foes. Hell.

 

Freeze the moment for a while and pan out. You’ll notice among this crowd of sharply dressed people, this person stand out. A young maybe 17? Or is it 16? Year old boy weave through the crowd, sandy colored hair, dark brown eyes, worned out clothes, tattered shoes and  a basket of roses. His name is Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. Everyday, at sharp 1 pm, he would roam the streets, handing out roses to random people around him with a huge grin on his face. How strange you would say. He should have been in school you would say. What is he doing you would wonder. Yet, for Park Chanyeol, this is the least he could do.

 

Before we delve in the story, let’s hear about Park Chanyeol. Shall we? His mother is no longer around. Died out of cancer two years ago. His dad is a gardener who takes care of a merchant’s garden. They live at a small house just 30 minutes away from 7th Street Avenue. The house might be small but for Chanyeol, it’s perfect. He especially love their small backyard. The backyard is where Chanyeol and his dad grow their roses. Red blooming roses. Because red was his mother’s favorite color and roses was his mother’s favorite flower. For Chanyeol and his dad, the rose filled garden make their life much more bearable as days past without a mother and wife. Thus, the abundance of roses.

 

Now, let’s get back into the story. There was Chanyeol walking among serious looking grown ups staring at their smart phones while walking, talking to their smart phones, walking, walking. Most of them had their eyes trained forwards, walking briskly to their respective destinations.  Then there was Lee Taemin. A young 26 year old business man, flourishing at a young age, his life though, is filled with constant pressure. He has to attend a very important meeting in 20 minutes but lost his phone, his car broke down and everyone else wants to ride  a cab too. Getting a cab itself is hell in Hell’s Street. Taemin sighed. “This will be a long day” he thought.

 

“A rose for you hyung” a voice chimed as Taemin was scratching his head while standing like a lost lamb in the sea of people. Taemin turned to see the owner of the voice and wondered what weird person would give him roses at this time of hour this world must be drunk and saw Park Chanyeol, holding out a rose to him with a large diabetic grin, eyes twinkling. “Sorry, I don’t just accept gifts from strangers” Taemin slowly utters. “Ah but wouldn’t it be a shame to not accept this lovely rose hyung, don’t worry I’m not confessing or anything, it’s just that I saw you looking worried and panicking just now, so I wanted to give you this rose to cheer you up!”. “uhh no really I’m in a hurry” “ah but hyung this a very special rose! You must take it! It will make your day much nicer I promise!” the young one of the two urged the older one. Taemin’s left eye twitched as every time he get irritated. “what does this boy think he is” he grumbled. “Fine I’ll take it. Give me that” he snatch the rose from Chanyeol’s hand and turn away hands frantically waving for a cab to stop by to end his misery. Chanyeol’s eyes rounded up when he realized Taemin took the rose but grinned after he realized the action. “HAVE A NICE DAY HYUNG” he shouted and disappeared into the crowd.

 

Soon after Chanyeol left a cab finally stopped for Taemin. Once inside the cab, Taemin took a deep long breath of both relief and exasperation due to his meeting with Chanyeol. As the cab battled its’ way through Hell’s Street, Taemin looked out of the window , recalling back on the one of a kind encounter with Chanyeol and thinking his life must truly be messed up.

 

Little did he know that just two cabs away from Taemin’s cab, is Kwon Arissa. The one behind his misery on that day.  Ash brown colored hair, shades on, camera propped neatly on her knee, ear phones plugged in hear ear jamming to the latest hit song sung by a group she have no idea about. The purpose of her sitting in a cab driving through Hell’s Street that day is to ruin Lee Taemin’s life. Kwon Arissa, the nation’s most dreaded paparazzi slash journalist. Life wrecker of all the top dogs. Anyone who stood in her way never stands a chance what more if she herself handpicked a victim. Ah, for Kwon Arissa, her life is perfect but not for others.

 “Lee Taemin, die.”