Jongin

Next to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 26th

Taemin and I didn't spend our time outdoor often. It wasn't like I minded because as long as I had him for company, it was okay.

Since school was starting again, he suggested that we go to ice skating rink right after I got home from work yesterday. Did he even know how to skate?

We arrived at the rink by noon. Although the sun was blazing down on us, the skating rink was extraordinarily cold, comparable to winter. Taemin stood next to me, shivering and teeth chattering. I sighed, "You didn't even being a sweater with you? That's so irresponsible." He looked defeated, and I nearly felt bad for scolding him. With no choice, I gave him my jacket to wear.

"But—"

I cut him off, "Put it on."

"Your shirt is really thin –"

I demanded, "Now." He frowned, acting sulky every time something didn't go his way. He was not childish, not at all, just very child-like proven from the little things he did. However, my forcefulness managed to keep him warm and prevented him from freezing his careless off. It was so cold that whenever we talked, our breaths came out in puffs of white. This place was the equivalent to a mini winter. 

Taemin nudged my shoulder at the direction of the skating shoes rent. We walked there and waited until it was our turns. The line decreased in size quickly. The girl behind the counter had her hair curled, wearing the uniform of this place. She had a pale, pretty face with minimal makeup on. "Shoe size?" she asked Taemin, her gaze traveling from his face to his toe. If she was checking him out, then she was making it obvious that she was. 

"Nine or nine and a half, please. I'm not sure because it really depends on the shoes," he replied, returning a polite smile. 

"How about I get you both to try on to see which one is more comfortable?" She winked as if they were sharing a secret between them. I scoffed. How freaking subtle of her. 

Taemin's eyes gleamed. "Oh thank you! Sorry for troubling you." Oh trust me, she would buy more time if she can be within four feet near you. I rolled my eyes as she walked to the shoe aisle behind the counter with extra bounces in her steps. Totally infatuated. On the other hand, I was getting nauseous. Taemin sat down on the benches to wait for her while I was still in line by myself, since no one else was behind me. 

Annoyance must be clear on my face because the next worker rushed out to replace the girl's spot. He gave me an apologetic smile. "Size?"

"Ten." His eyes bulged at my sternness. I coughed awkwardly. "Sorry, I was being rude. I meant can I get a size ten, please?"

The worker chuckled softly before turning around to get my shoes. He came back with a pair of skates in his hands, then passed it over the counter. I grabbed the shoes and before I headed to Taemin and the so-called infatuated girl, the guy ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter