Work on Christmas Eve

Sweet Tooth Cravings

Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading! This chapter is a Hyuk x you oneshot! ^^ Enjoy~ and please don't forget to subscribe, comment and voet up if you liked it!! 

tumblr_inline_n8gyscUAEg1rh8ct6.gif

You ripped out another page of your notebook, and Hyuk wakes up at the sound, wincing at the heap of crumpled paper on the ground.

"Watch out, you're not going to have much notebook left if you continue," Hyuk points out, sleepily smacking his lips together in an attempt to chase away the taste of an afternoon nap in his mouth. He bends down and picks up the book he'd been reading before dozing off--it had slid away from his fingers as Hyuk succumbed to sleep, lulled to dreamland by the warm cozy environment, and the comforting snaps of the fire.

"Are you still not done yet?" Hyuk mumbled, rubbing his eyes and yawning. 

"Mmm." You hum a half-hearted reply, intent on finishing your writing and meeting the deadline today. You feet bad for ignoring your boyfriend, much less on Christmas eve, but work is work, and work ultimately has to be done. You are an up and coming romance novelist, and you usually gain inspiration for your pieces just by letting your imagination do its magic, but this recent assignment isn't going well. At all. Devoid of motivation (you blame the festive period) and inspiration to write, you'd turned to your own love life for ideas for the piece. It was tough though--sometimes writing about something personal and close to the heart is difficult. Sometimes there are stories too personal to be told. 

You put your hands to your head and drag your fingers through your hair, pausing as you move your thumb in circles on your temples. You've been working on the same chapter since breakfast, and progress was slow. And painful. 

"When will you be done?" Hyuk presses, still watching you from the couch. Your heart twinges a little at how eager and hopeful he sounds. 

"I honestly don't know, Hyuk." You sigh, defeated. It isn't as if you enjoy ignoring him on a rare day you both get to spend together, especially since today is the first of the entire month to be exact. 

Hyuk sits up all of a sudden, grinning at you. You glance at him warily, intent on focusing on your writing. 

"Are you stressed out?" Hyuk asks, shifting around on the couch. 

"Mmm..." You nod absently. 

"I've heard chocolates are good for stress!" Hyuk beams at the box he'd brought over for you on the coffee table. Chocolates do sound like a good idea, if you are being honest. Chocolates always taste best during Christmas--helped set the mood. 

"Could you pass me one?" You nod in the general direction of the box. Silence. You turn around to ask again, then falter as you see Hyuk furrow his brows and puff up his cheeks at you. 

"Come over here and sit with me then!" Hyuk's grin at you clears the frown off his face, mischievious glint in his eye. You look heaven-ward, quietly wondering why now of all moments Hyuk decides to act all childish when you honestly just need to get through this assignment. Sighing again, you decide that getting frustrated at Hyuk would be unfair, and solves nothing, so you simply shrug it off and turn back to your desk silently. 

There is a long pause, and then some more movement behind you, and a hand creeps into view on your right, bearing one gold-wrapped chocolate. You look down to see Hyuk on all fours, having rolled off the couch onto the floor and wriggled his way over to you, too lazy to get up and properly start walking. You crack a grateful smile then, and take his offering, unwrapping the crackling paper and popping the brown goodness into your mouth. 

It is sweet, and tastes good, and lifts your mood just a little. You smile your thanks. 

Hyuk relaxes on the floor, back propped up, leaning against the leg of your table, simply watching you plough away at your writing. When you hazard a glance downwards at him, the combination of the flickering light from the fireplace and the thoughtful expression on Hyuk's face temporarily make him look more mature and older than you both actually are. 

"What are you thinking of?" You whisper, one hand reaching down to play with his brown hair. Hyuk shrugs nonchalently, standing up and stretching behind you. 

"Nothing really. Just wondering what you're writing about this time." And with that, the sparkle in his eye from earlier comes back again, and he lunges forward and grabs your notebook off the table, deaf to your short gasp of horror. 

"Wait!" You stand up too, chair almost toppling over until Hyuk deftly saves it. "Come on Hyuk, give it back." You try to speak calmly so as not to betray the fact that you were desperate for him not to read what little you'd written. Hyuk simply smiles at you and turns to the book in his hand, holding it high up in the air so it's out of your reach. He flips open to the page you were working on. 

"Yah!" You try again, anxiety more apparent in your voice now. "Hyuk! Give it back!"

Hyuk only continues reading, mouth occasionally twitching upwards. 

"Don't read it!" You make a lunge for it, and both of you overbalance, and you thank the stars for your couch conveniently located behind you guys, or both of you would probably spend christmas in hospital with heads cracked open. Hyuk still has a firm hold on the book however, and you realise it's pretty futile to take the book back now. He's probably read most of everything you wrote already anyway. Embarrassed, you hide your face in the crook of his neck. 

He pokes you in the side, and you raise your head to hit him lightly on the shoulder. Hyuk's face is back to looking thoughtful again. 

"Is that story about us?" Hyuk smiles softly this time, and doesn't wait for you to answer him. "I like it." And then he feels the need to reassure you again. "I like it alot."

"Mmm?" You reach your hand out for the notebook again, but it's a half-hearted attempt this time. As both of you had fallen, Hyuk had wrapped his arms around your waist, and held you close, and it was really comfortable just lying like that together on the couch, and you were reminded just how much you'd missed him when both of you were too busy to meet up. Hyuk briefly removes his arm from your waist to put the notebook gently on the floor. 

"Let's watch some TV," He suggests, finding the remote control and turning the device on. The programme on lends comforting white noise to the entire scene, and you rest your head on Hyuk's chest again with a satisfied sigh. "Take a short break," Hyuk purrs into your ear. He's awfully persuasive. 

"Just a short break." You cave in, and snuggle into a more comfortable position. 

"Mmm." Hyuk's finger comes up and traces the side of your face, the bridge of your nose down to the tip, the outline of your mouth. His fingers are replaced by his lips, and they press gently against yours in a chaste kiss. 

And then he leans up for another one. And another one. 

"Hyuk--" You complain mid-kiss, "Just a short break, remember?" 

"I'm helping you with the inspiration!" He winks, feigning indignance, and pulls you in for another smooch. 

You had a feeling your "short break" might have to be extended. Just a little bit. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this one too! Comment, subscribe and vote up if you did ^^ Thanks so much for reading <3