What I want for Christmas

Sweet Tooth Cravings

Here's a Leo x you fic for you guys! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it xD Thumbs up, comment and subscribe if you liked the story! :) Merry Christmas everyone!!

tumblr_mho8cjc2R21rvgljgo2_500.gif

You wrinkle your nose, then bring a finger to your face to scratch it, leaving a streak of flour across your cheek as you bend to take a better look at the recipe. 

"Add how much flour..?" You mutter to yourself and check again, tucking your hair behind your ear and leaving another white dash there. You carefully measure out flour you need, extra meticulous because you want the cupcakes to turn out perfect. The amounts you measure out are enough for six people to enjoy, but you're really only baking with one of the VIXX members next door in mind. As you stir the contents in your mixing bowl, you smile to yourself as you remember how both of you met...

 

"Hey," Leo tries again, talking to the leader as the guy leans against the kitchen counter, reading off the phone in his hand. No response. He doesn't seem to be listening. Sighing, Leo taps him on the shoulder. 

"Mmm?" The guy briefly glances up at him, then shifts his eyes back to the lighted screen of the phone. 

"Hakyeon." Leo's voice is laced with exasperation, "For the last time, will you pass me the coco powder?" Leo holds out his hand, then gives up and thinks better of it, turning his palm towards Hakyeon and shoving the guy away and grabbing the packet on the counter himself. 

"Are you sure you're going to be able to do this? The logcake seems a little high level..." Hakyeon is hovering by his elbow now, looking doubtfully at the contents in the mixing bowl on the table. Leo sighs, measures out the correct amount of coco powder (he has the menu memorised after mulling over it for a few nights), and brandishes his whisk grandly at Hakyeon, as if about to dish out physical punishment for the leader's absence of faith in him. Hakyeon swallows and stars at the metal wires of the whisk warily. 

"Of course." Leo blinks. "I'm chef Jung." And then he chases N out of the kitchen, and goes back to mixing the cake contents. Afterwards he pauses to put a hand on his hip and take in his handiwork, leaving a brown handprint on his white shirt before tucking the baking tray into the oven. Leo breathes out loudly through his nose in satisfaction and moves over to the kitchen table, dragging out a chair to sit in and wait, head resting on his hand as he thinks about the first time he met you...

 

The popular shopping mall is even more crowded than usual, what with the fans waiting for the fansign to start, and curious shoppers milling around to see what the commotion was about. VIXX rushes out of the van, hands over their heads, protecting their carefully styled hair from the rain. As Leo springs from the car, the last to alight, he manages to crash into someone bearing a huge red umbrella. Both of you fall to the ground, and Leo is up in an instant, one hand still vainly trying to keep his hair and face dry, the other one on your shoulder, apologetic. 

"I'm really sorry..." Leo takes your hand and pulls you to your feet, stooping to pick up your umbrella and hand it to you. And then he looks up. And takes in your face, pink with rushing around in the cold, raindroplets clinging to your flyaway strands of hair, framing your face prettily as they sparkle when you move to shelter both of you with your umbrella and motion to the entrance of the mall, where the rest of VIXX watch expectantly. Leo doesn't say anything else but murmured apologies as both of you slosh through puddles and reach shelter together under the umbrella you hold up. 

"It's okay, really," And you laugh, and Leo bites his lip to stop himself from breaking into an embarrassed smile. 

Leo glances back after he steps into the mall, but you're not very tall, and the crowd inside the mall swallows you up, and you're nowhere to be seen anymore. Leo shakes his head at himself, knowing that he shouldn't feel any attachment to you, yet hoping you were a fan so he'd get to see and talk to you one more time at the fanmeet. 

It didn't happen though, and he goes home feeling slightly disappointed....

Only to come face to face with you as the lift doors open when VIXX returns to their apartment. Leo's eyes widen as he thinks of your uncanny timing both outside the car, and now outside the lift. Were you following him? Maybe you weren't a fan but a--

"Sasaeng fan?" Leo pointed a finger at you accusingly, backing into the lift once more. The members look from you to Leo, to their apartment door a little way beind you. 

"Run!!!" Hakyeon issues the command and the boys storm out of the lift and race to their apartment, Ravi's fingers fumbling to key in the passcode. 

You whirl around wildly, trying your best to spot where the sasaeng fan is. "Where?" You ask, "Where is the sasaeng fan?!" 

The boys freeze and stare at you in confusion. You whip around to stare at them too. 

"You're not...?" Leo points at you and scratches the back of his head, watching you your head to one side, puzzled, then shaking it twice. You point to the door beside VIXX's apartment. 

"I live there..." You try to swallow your giggles. "I'm just taking out the trash now!" You motion to the bag of rubbish in your hands. 

"Well. This is awkward." Ravi shrugs. Hyuk nods in agreement. "Would you like to come over for dinner?" The maknae offers as a way of apology for the misunderstanding. Leo's eyes light up. 

"Yeah! Please do." He doesn't manage to hide his shy smile this time, and you think it's adorable. You end up being persuaded way too easily, and go over for the first of what would become regular, rowdy weekly dinners together with the VIXX members. Over time, you grow closer to all the members, and Leo takes a special soft spot in your heart that (if you're being completely serious), appeared ever since the umbrella incident when you first met. 

 

"Beep!" The oven sounds, and Leo jolts out of his reverie, not realising how much time had passed. Taking the cake out of the oven, Leo realises that he'd been so caught up with baking the actual cake that he'd not planned out what to say, how to confess his growing feelings when he passes it to you. He claps a hand over his face, then comes up with a good idea: he'd play a song aloud to give him courage. Listening to music and singing along always helped calm himself down. He whips out his handphone and goes through his christmas playlist for a suitable song. He smiles. 

 

"I just want you for my own..." You sing to yourself, voice barely above a whisper, the catchy tune running through your head. It had been playing earlier on, in the lift lobby downstairs and the tune was now stuck in your head. You finish up decorating the warm, freshly baked cupcakes with frosting and look down at them: your excuse for not spending christmas alone. 

"More than you could ever know..." You carefully pick up the plate full of cakes and walk to your front door. You must have heard the song a few times too many, because you could imagine the sounds of the instrumentals of the song loud and clear, almost as if it were actually playing. You unlock your door and fling it open, excited to visit VIXX again.

And then you jump, nearly dropping your plate of precious cargo. Leo stands outside your apartment door, fist raised as if to knock, eyes as wide as yours in surprise. One of his hands holds a plate with a logcake balanced on it, delicately dusted with frosting. His other hand holds his handphone, which is playing the same song as you were humming, you realise. 

"Make my wish come true..." Mariah Carey belts. You catch Leo's eye, and both of you open your mouths at the same time to finish the song both of you were singing before the interruption. 

"All I want for christmas is you." The two of you don't break eye contact until the song is over. There is an awkward silence afterwards. 

You bunch your hand up in a fist in nervousness, waiting for him to say something--anything--and wishing you had the guts to confess. You glance at Leo again, noting the pink hue to his ears, and realise he's probably too shy to take the first move. 

Leo takes a deep breath to calm himself. The song didn't really help his nerves much. Gathering his courage, he raises his head to look at you again. 

Both of you open your mouths at the same time. 

"I like you..." 

There is another moment of silence as both of you take in what the other has just said. And then you break into the biggest smiles at each other, glancing at the other's cakes, and swopping plates. 

You open your door wider, and beckon him inside. 

"I'm not done with the decorating yet. Do you mind lending me a hand...?" You start to go inside, Leo following you, a shy smile on his face. And then you stop, and turn around, a finger on your chin as you feign a thoughtful expression. 

"I might even have some mistletoe I have to put up..." You smile playfully. 

Leo didn't need any more convincing.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed this! Comment, subscribe, thumbs up if you enjoyed reading this! Merry Christmas everyone~ ^^