Stranger

Music of My Life

The stranger had caged him in his arms for a while. Minseok didn't push the guy at first but after a moment, and he had time to think about what's happening, he felt the need to get away from him as soon as possible. Sure, the guy looks like he's pretty good looking behind that mask and sunglasses but who the hell hugs a stranger like this, it was nothing less than suspicious. Although he wants to escape from him, it will be quite weird if he struggle now after letting himself be hugged like this. So when the guy loosen up his grip and got distracted by the sound of the crowd getting closer to them, Minseok made a dash for it, not giving a second glance to the person he left behind.

 

Meanwhile, Luhan was dumbfounded. He didn't expect to be left behind just because he let his guard down a bit. He stood there. He was left there, staring at the person's back while running away from him. He took one step, planning to run after that person, but his foot stepped on something. It was a black leather pouch. He opened it and saw a bunch of ID and a passport. He picked up one of the ID cards and looked at it. It belonged to that person. Kim Minseok. Korean. Seoul, Korea. 

 

He broke down and released a sigh. "Of course it's a different person. What was... what was I thinking? It was impossible to begin with. I knew that... I knew that and yet... I am such an idiot." And for a moment, he was thankful that no one noticed him and that he's wearing his sunglasses as he quietly shed tears because of momentarily believing that the impossible can happen.

 

After collecting himself enough to stand up and move. He made his way out of the airport and called for a taxi. He doesn't want to be alone right now so he told the driver to bring him back to Yixing's place.

 

He arrived there and immediately saw Yixing strolling around the house, still in his pajamas. The younger noticed him and gave him a questioning look, obviously asking why he's back there. At the sight of someone he can lean on, Luhan immediately broke into tears, kneeling at where he stood, not caring if he dropped his bags carelessly on the floor. Yixing quickly approached him and urged Luhan to at least sit on the sofa. 

 

Kris and Tao emerged from the bedroom when they heard the sound of someone crying. When they saw Luhan, they too approached their co-members to find out what's happening.

 

"Lu-ge. What's wrong? I thought you already left for your flight." Yixing worriedly asked the older as Luhan continues to sob.

 

Kris Luhan's back in an attempt to at least eased him up. While Tao sat in front of the crying older, worry all over his face.

 

"I thought... I thought I had accepted everything. I thought... I had..." Luhan started talking in between his cries. "But when I saw that person... I just threw everything aside."

 

The three remained silent, waiting for Luhan to continue his story. For now, he's not making much sense, but all of them knew that there is only one thing in this world that can make the strong Luhan break down like this. 

 

"I am such an idiot! Of course, it's a different person. But deep inside, I still hoped... I hoped that... that it was real." And he sobbed in his hands again.

 

Kris, Tao and Yixing felt so helpless. This is the first time they saw Luhan this broken. Even when he had lost everything, he still collected himself before presenting himself to them. He never cried or complained in front of them. He tried to hold everything, tried to keep it all to himself. They couldn't help him before, not when he's acting so strong just for them. And now, there's someone that broke the armor he tried so hard to wear in front of everyone.

 

"They look so much alike that I..." he couldn't finish his sentence anymore, his voice was drowning in his tears. Even with the unclear story he was trying to tell, the three people around him already understood everything. Luhan had seen someone that reminded him of the past he was trying to move on from. It destroyed all of Luhan's effort of convincing himself that he was moving on, that he was already living his life without that person, but because of the sight of that someone, he abandoned all of his reasons, logic, possibilities and blindly chased after that slither of hope; a hope that had long gone distinguished its flames in Luhan's life. And it slapped Luhan with the reality that he is still trapped in the past, that he hadn't moved on from anything, that he still lives his life with that person as his center, and that he's still incapable of standing up on his own.

 

The three of them had stayed by Luhan's side until he calmed down and eventually fell asleep leaning on Yixing. He cried for a good few hours but they never got tired of supporting him, because they were with him when he had lost everything. They knew all about his pain. They were actually waiting for Luhan to lean on them before, but he never did, so now that he finally seeked their company, they won't leave him.

 

"I'll take him to the room." Tao volunteered.

 

"I think you should let him stay here for a while. I don't want him to go back to his lifeless house while he's like that." Kris told Yixing as Tao carried Luhan to the bedroom.

 

"I know. He might get some crazy ideas in his head if we leave him alone." Yixing added.

~*~

Minseok grabbed a taxi as soon as he was out of the airport. He was rushing to get away from there, in case the guy was still following him. He only relaxed when he was already on his way to the dorms. Even though he was glad that he got away, there's a feeling of guilt he couldn't shake off. He doesn't know how he can tell, but the guy felt so broken when he hugged him. That's probably the reason why he didn't push him away at first. And as the taxi gained a considerable distance from the airport, Minseok looked back, wondering what will happen to that broken stranger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akira: Well this is a mysterious heartbreaking chapter... please look forward to the next updates :D I love you all \(^o^)/ Visit my other stories if you have extra time :3