Final.

Melancholy

Kyungsoo opened his eyes and blinked. He sat up and yawned. It was a lot darker then it should be.

He walked over to his window and noticed the droplets racing down it. He smiled softly.

It was raining.

He loved the rain.

He quickly rushed out of his room and into the kitchen. There were two windows in the kitchen.

He walked over to them and opened it so the sounds could rush in. The sky was dark and grey.

He loved it.

He walked over to a cabinet and searched for a small pill bottle that read his name.

Unfortunately it was empty. He stared at it for a moment before putting it back.

Maybe today would still be ok even without them. He glanced at the time on the oven clock. It was 1:30pm.

He slept in quite a lot. He was glad he didn't have work on the weekends. He began grabbing things to make a sandwich with.

Once he finished making it, he sat by the window. He pulled his legs up to sit criss-cross.

He began to eat small bites at a time as he stared at the grey sky and listened to the beautiful raindrops. These were the moments he loved.

He felt a bit down, but he didn't think on it, only the rain. He sat there chewing slowly when the front door opened.

He couldn't see it because of the wall blocking his way, but already knew who it was. Jongin walked in surprised to see him sitting in the dark.

The kitchen only had one dim light on. He walked over to the boy and leaded against the table. "What are you doing?" He asked.

Kyungsoo swallowed his last bite of the food, "I woke up late so I decided to eat a sandwich." He turned towards the window, "And you know I love the rain."

Jongin smiled softly at the other. He liked these peaceful moments. He too liked the rain. He gently grabbed the older's head and pulled him to kiss his forehead.

He then grabbed the empty plate and headed to the sink. He glanced at the boy as he washed it. He didn't get to see Kyungsoo like this that often: quiet and melancholy.

He placed the dish in the dishwasher and walked back over to him. "Did you take your antidepressants today?" Kyungsoo's view didn't change from the grey sky.

"No.. I ran out of them yesterday." Jongin frowned as he stood up and looked through the cabinet, "You should have told me. I could have picked them up on my way home."

He grabbed the bottle and sat down. He searched for the pharmacy's number. Kyungsoo looked at him and rested his head against his hand, "I wanted to see if I could go a day without them."

Jongin looked at him, "What would happen if you can't?" The smaller sighed and placed his head on his hands which were now on the table.

"I'd probably breakdown and cry, but I'm okay right now." Jongin looked at him with soft eyes, "You know I hate it when you cry. It makes me upset to see you so broken."

Kyungsoo closed his eyes. He swallowed the lump in his throat. "I know." It came out as a whisper. Jongin stood up and walked over to him.

The older looked at him before hugging him. Jongin kissed his forehead and lips. Their lips lingered as they kissed.

The younger pulled away first, "I love you and always will. I want you to get stronger. I'll be here to guide you when you need me. I'm going to get your medicine. You can take it whenever you feel like it, okay?"

Kyungsoo nodded and hugged him tighter, "I love you so much." He kissed his forehead again before leaving the hug. "I'll be back soon. Watch some TV, okay?

The smaller nodded, and Jongin walked out of kitchen and left out the front door. Kyungsoo sat down and stared at the window for a moment.

A small smile brushed his lips. He was thankful to have such a wonderful boyfriend. He loved him so much.

He walked out of the kitchen and sat down on the couch. He TV and flipped through the channels.

He was determined to fight his bad thoughts, because he had his boyfriend by his side to help him. He smiled to himself again. He really loved him. 

 

Words: 747