(Sequel) Still That Way

Meant This Way

Still That Way

 

"Mind to meet me in my office later? :-) There are some aspects about this After-Action-Report that I would like to discuss with you. "

by: Youngbae/ sent: 5:43PM

Jiyong flashed a smile at the screen of his mobile phone, ignoring the pain in his tired eyes when the bright light came in contact with them. It was worth any message that came from his boss and lover, be it a simple 'Good morning beautitul' or a less romantic invitation to discuss business, like now. Every opportunity to spend time with Youngbae was precious. Hours, minutes, seconds that passed with him were well-spent. 

The secretary had come to fully understand that after six months of dating. 

Even though tight schedules and work continued to take up the fresh couple's time like before, they never failed at making the most out of their short meetings, quick lunchs and coffee breaks by simply appreciating what they had instead of complaining about what the both of them were not able to change anyway. After all, they could always catch up on things on the weekends, when Youngbae sometimes took Jiyong to small trips to Jeju, Hongdo or Okinawa. There were also times when they stayed in Seoul though, simply cuddling on the couch and watching movies, just relaxing for a while before they eventually had to enter the world of business again. It didn't matter. As long as they were together, nothing mattered.

Maybe that was the secret ingredient for a happy relationship, Jiyong thought. Maybe it was because Youngbae and him actually knew how to appreciate and spend their time together well, because they did not blame each other for things neither of them were guilty for. And Jiyong was glad, he really was. And he was grateful. Having such a caring and warm-hearted person on your side was a feeling that nothing could compare to and a feeling that the secretary had always desperately looked for in his past relationships, sadly to no avail. Yes it was exactly this feeling that made Jiyong believe that his relationship with Youngbae had a deeper meaning than the messy adventures he had experienced before. It was the first time ever that he truly felt loved.

Completely lost in his thoughts, the secretary had almost forgotten what he had intended to do: looking for a few files and taking them straight to his boyfriend's office. Jiyong stood up, groaning from the pain in his lower back (His bum had been seated on that chair for hours that day) and scanning his folder of documents for the papers he needed. After finding them, he eventually made his way to Youngbae. Even though the latter had told him that he didn't need to knock on the door, Jiyong still tapped his knuckles against the alabaster glass that it consisted of, signaling him that he was about to enter. He couldn't help it: politeness had always been one of his characteristics - some even considered it as one of his charms!

However, when the secretary actually opened the door, he was not greeted with the usual sight of his lover sitting at his desk, flashing him a gorgeous smile that he could swoon over. Instead, Jiyong was met with darkness. Well, almost darkness, to be specific. The perm-head had frowned in confusion before a dim source of light  radiating from the table top of Youngbae's desk caught his attention. Being utterly perplexed and amused at the same time, Jiyong approached the light with slow steps. He placed the suddenly not so interesting files on a random flat surface (since he couldn't really make out anything in the dark) and took a closer look at the light, which turned out to be a prettily decorated buttercream cake with two candles on top. Furthermore, there was something written on it:

'Happy Six Months, My Love.'

Jiyong had already grinned when he had spotted his favourite cake on the desk so it was an understatement to say that his smile grew wider after he had read the message. His cheeks had just began to hurt from lifting the corners of his mouth when he suddenly felt two very familiar arms wrapping themselves around his waist. Jiyong's body jerked for a second until his nose had absorbed the expensive smell that he had come to adore and which told him that he was in his comfort zone: in Youngbae's arms. 

"Happy Six Months.", the said man whispered into the secretary's ear, smiling to himself. "You said this was your favourite cake, if I remember correctly."

"Youngbae!", Jiyong said, voice a bit higher than usual. He turned around, still in his boyfriend's arms, and put his hands on his firm chest, giggling. "Love, what is this?"

"Well, we have been together for half a year now and I thought we should celebrate this event properly.", the CEO stated, matter of fact, smiling that smile that made his eyes look like crescents, the one that  killed Jiyong's self-control in an instant. 

The perm-head leaned in to plant a soft kiss on the other man's lips, laughing shortly after. "You are so unpredictable sometimes, making me believe that you actually wanted to talk about business with me."

"There are some things that we need to make time for. Precious moments like these for example.", Youngbae, said, pecking Jiyong's forehead, staring into his eyes as he frowned upon seeing dark circles forming under those mesmerizing orbs. He cupped one side of the perm-head's face and started the spot just below his right eye with his thumb, not without letting out a guilty sigh in the process though. He knew just how hectic things had gotten nowadays. With the rise of DYB-ACOUSTICS' success, extra hours and extra work in general had become unavoidable. Even though Youngbae tried his best to keep a balance and make every effort put into his company paid off, he did not possess the power to control his employees' well-being. People were different after all. There were some who reached their limits quickly, while others showed more endurance through it all. And Jiyong? Jiyong was Youngbae's little lion. He may looked fragile and weak but he was actually quite strong, mentally as well as physically. When he had started working as his secretary two years ago, the CEO had been amazed at how quickly the young man had settled to his new workplace, immediately understanding how things were going, actively pointing out mistakes, preparing one document after another. He was dynamic, an every employer's dream. But Jiyong, too, was human after all. And he had his limits as well.

"Hey", Jiyong pouted, not liking the concerned expression on his lover's face, "What's with that look on your face?"

"It's just that ... it makes me sad to see how tired your eyes look. And it makes me even sadder that I am the reason for it. I am sorry for demanding your help so often, Jiyong. It must be exhausting for you to contact so many customers and type so many reports for me."

"But that is my job, you silly.", Jiyong said, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's neck. "Don't worry about things like that. We are responsible for keeping this company alive so of course we have to work hard and do our best. Good results demand effort!"

"Why do I sometimes think that you would make a much better CEO than me?"

Jiyong giggled. "Hm, I wouldn't look half as handsome as you in those tailored suits, though." He trailed a slender finger along Bae's throat, stopping when he reached the fine material of his collar, liking the silky feel of it. It was alluring and sensual. Honestly, the only thing that Jiyong found ier than Youngbae in suits was Youngbae shirtless and that was a sight that he could mostly only enjoy on their weekend trips, when they could have some private time. Jiyong felt smug for a moment for trying to flirt with the other man but soon realized that he would always lose against Youngbae's natural sweetness.

"It is impossible for you to not look beautiful in my eyes."

Simple utterings like this one always made Jiyong blush and feel flustered and fuzzy, awakening the inner fangirl that appeared out of nowhere in him whenever Youngbae was being romantic. They looked into each other's eyes, probably smiling like two fools but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered when they were together. Jiyong loved Youngbae for his sincerity. He loved him because he knew that he actually meant what he said, loved him because he didn't imply anything, didn't aim at anything. No, he was simply confessing his honest feelings. And Jiyong believed in them with his whole heart.

The perm-head leaned in again, initiating a passionate kiss which, even though it lasted for minutes, left both of them in hunger for each other. And that's how they knew that it was real, that their love was real. It was real because the touch of someone you adore never left you satisfied.

If it is real, it will leave traces of desire.

"Happy six months, baby.", Jiyong whispered against his CEO's luscious lips, additionally pecking them a few times. "Thank you for this sweet surprise today, I love you."

"I love you, too.", Youngbae said from the bottom of his heart, standing there with a happy face, letting Jiyong reward him with a dozen kisses while he held him in his arms.

 


 

A/N: Honestly, I don't even know what came over me haha! I just suddenly had this urge to write something super cheesy and lovey-dovey and this pointless sequel is the result of my writng-attack! I hope you won't cringe too much! >.< & as always, thank you for your support ♥

Hatsumomo