Chapter 1

Santa Hunters!

* * * * *

 

With the delicate movements of a gentleman, Siwon put down his coffee cup.

Outside, heaps of snow were racing over Seoul, spurred on by the December winds. Yet another year was coming to an end.

Siwon the coffee from his upper lip before speaking.

“… Think it will happen again?”

Across the low coffee table, Leeteuk visibly stiffened in his armchair. After a moment of silence, he replied uneasily.

“Well… I guess it will.” He took a deep sigh, but his face still displayed discomfort. “I mean – it’s happened every single Christmas so far. There’s no reason it won’t happen this year, too.”

 “In other words, we’re totally ed.” deadpanned Heechul from his position on the bed. He didn’t even glance up from his phone.

“We’ll triple the security!” announced Leeteuk with just a hint of panic. His eyes scanned the expressions of s.

 “Already tried that, remember?” threw Ryeowook, sighing, before resuming his argument with Donghae over who gets to decide what decorations go onto the Christmas tree.

“It’s been six years, and I still don’t get it.” whispered Kyuhyun through his gritted teeth. Less than five minutes after they’d started playing, Kyuhyun had already beaten Eunhyuk five times in Street Fighter IV. No matter how angrily he slammed the buttons, Eunhyuk couldn’t win a single fight.

“Yah Kyuhyun! Stop cheating, you bastard!”

“Can’t you let him win once?” said Siwon, absent-mindedly gazing out the window at the snow-covered city.

“No.” hissed Kyuhyun in reply, before scoring yet another win. Eunhyuk dropped his controller. Exasperatedly, he threw his head back, then sank into the couch. As if it had a will of its own, his leg suddenly kicked Kyuhyun in the shins.

As if nothing had happened, Kyuhyun went on. “I still don’t get what part of getting two more presents for Christmas is bad.”

Kangin, on the other hand, was about to lose his patience. “Some er breaks into our dorm every godd*mn year, and all you think of are the games you get!”

“There were some really awesome ones though.” Kyuhyun went on, oblivious. “One year that person bought me Dead Space and Silent Hill 4.” He grinned his signature evil grin. “Eunhyuk totally his pants when we played them.”

You were the one who was scared!” claimed Eunhyuk, but no one seemed to quite believe him.

 “Umm, guys… What are we talking about?” To tell the truth, Henry was completely and utterly lost during the entire conversation. This was to be the first Christmas he would spend with s.

 “You mean, no one ever told you?!” exclaimed Ryeowook.

Now Henry was even more confused. “Who never told me what?”

Leeteuk toyed his with fingernails for a minute, wondering where to even start.

“Well, uh, it started in 2009.” Leeteuk finally looked up. His eyes were narrowed and concerned. “It was Christmas, and we were all celebrating in the dorms…“

“We wake up, and boom!“ said Donghae happily. “Two presents for each of us under the Christmas tree!“ He smiled, then hung a blue orb onto the branch of the Christmas tree.

“It’s not something to be happy about, dammit!“ scolded Kangin. Annoyed, he started pacing up and down the room.

Truth be told, Henry shared Kyuhyun’s views. “Errr, and what’s so bad about getting presents?“

Kangin spun on his heels, and was just about to reply when Sungmin carefully folded his newspaper and put it aside. “How could that person get into out dorms, Henry? Did you think about that?“ said Sungmin in his squeaky little voice.

“Well, I don’t know. But if they only give up presents, what’s the fuss about?“

“WHAT’S THE FUSS ABOUT?!“ exploded Kangin, waving his hands around. “A person barges into our dorms every godd*mn year,“

“Bypassing all the security measures,“ added Zhou Mi over the top of a fashion magazine.

“Even when we upgraded the security and hired new people for extra protection on Christmas Eve!“ explained Leeteuk, head falling into his hands.

 “Maybe the manager’s leaving you presents, as a surprise!” suggesed Henry. “Or one of the staff members?“

“And does it every single year without telling us?“ questioned Sungmin. “I don’t think so.“

 “Anyways, it’s none of the staff. We’re checked everyone!”  wailed Leeteuk.

“It’s kinda weird how that person gives you two presents. Why not one, or three?“ noticed Henry. He was beginning to see where all the concern was coming from.

“Do I look like I know?!“ spat Kangin.

“Let’s face it.” Heechul finally put his phone away. ”It has to be saseng fan.“

 “There is one other option, though.“ Henry smiled, and was met with raised eyebrows. Siwon finally stopped gazing out the window. His dark eyes focused on Henry.

“And that is…?” he encouraged.

 “SANTA!!!“ Henry exclaimed, grinning like a child.

Out of the blue, the entire dorm exploded with laughter.

“And here I thought you were being serious!“ managed Sungmin through his giggles.

 “Who, Henry? Serious?” replied Zhou Mi, chuckling himself. Henry had no choice but to throw a pillow at him. “I am being serious!“

“Awww, Mochi is so cute!“ Suddenly half of the members were crowded around Henry, pinching his cheeks.

“Yah, I’m being serious here!“ Henry tried to convince them. “It’s logical! It’s not the manager, it’s not the staff, and a saseng wouldn’t be able to get inside! So, Santa is the only person left!“

 “If you say so, Mochi.” Obviously Henry’s cheeks were getting far more attention than his words.

“Hey, are you guys even listening to me?!”

But after Henry’s childish idea, there was no going back to serious talk. All Super Junior did that day was watch old comedies and order more pizza and occasionally gush about Henry being lovable.

 

* * * * *