Growing up

Gotta Be You & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year 2007- A normal weekend

"Hey Tokki , shall we watch this movie for tonight? " Chaelin asked her friend who was busily packing up for the sleepover at chaelin's house.

"Sure I trust your judgement haha" 

 Year 2008 

Chaelin POV

"I'm sorry , I dont want to go either! don't worry, my father say it will just be 5months ! I'll be back to play with you again in 5months, before your birthday I promise !" I tried to assure my friend while she's crying over the fact that I will be moving to America due to my father's job. I know it's my fault for telling her the day before I leave however I just got the news too! 

 

Trying to make her feel better, I suggested to go to our favorite place to hangout before I leave. After I get the permission to meet my family at the airport the next morning, we spend the whole evening and night together, talking about what will happen and me trying to convince her 5months will pass very fast. Although she got convinced, i myself do not know how I'm going to survive until then....

 

Year 2009

 

It has been a year in America . I finally got adjusted to the live here and just celebrated my 17th birthday .

Yes it has been a year in America. And yes I did not get to celebrate my friend's birthday last year as what I had promised her. And yes , I wasn't going to live in America for only 5 months. It was a lie my dad said just to trick me to go willingly. I was really mad when I found out the truth,and I wonder how she will feel when she Realised I will not be celebrating her 18th,19th.20th birthday until I become an adult and able to fly back to Korea myself. I know she cried for sure when she did not see me at the airport as what I told her a year ago.

It had been a year and I guess she has new close friends by now. Especially since she's popular in school and knowing I will not be back. In addition, we did not have any platform to talk and lost our connections .

I think And really feel sad about losing her as a friend.

Year 2014

Few more years past and I'm now a quite famous designer (who go by the name of CL in the fashion world) after studying fashion and design in university. I just celebrated my 22th birthday , found a job and got more than enough money to travel by myself. A week ago, my boss gave me the opportunity to work overseas for her brand and specially assign me to Korea , knowing I was from there. Finally, I can go back to the place where i came from and be back not 5 months as what I said, but sadly almost 5years later . I did not forget about my friend of course, however did not want to go and look for her, guessing that she probably hate me for lying and forget about me long time ago...

 

-----------------

It had been a month being back in Korea . I tried all the food and things I missed and got to stay in a condo given by my company. The only thing I did not do , is to look and meet up with my korean friends, especially sandara who probably forget about me already.

 

Tonight, I got to go to my fashion show, launching my new clothing line as part of my company. Knowing that some famous actors and actresses are going to be there too to know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter