No, Jackson

we're young (and careless)

It's Jackson's idea to call themselves Got7 (of course it is, he wouldn't be Jackson if he didn't come up with bad ideas continuously).

"Isn't it a little juvenile to name ourselves?" Jinyoung asks in a bored voice.

"What does 'Got7' even mean?" Kunpimook pipes up.

"Wait...are we a club now?" Youngjae tacks on seconds later, looking confused. Jaebum quickly tells him that they are not a club, but otherwise doesn't say anything about Jackson's suggestion. Mark and Yugyeom don't offer much in the way of commentary but it's clear from the looks on their faces that they're pretty much on the same page as everyone else.

Jackson affects the best kicked puppy look he can manage. "There's seven of us. We 'got seven' people." He tries to explain. But the name doesn't sound much better in his halting Korean.

"Juvenile."

"But...baaaaaaabe." Jackson wheedles, turning his kicked puppy eyes on Jinyoung. "It'd be so cool we could come up with our own handshake and everything."

"No, Jackson." Jaebum says tiredly. "We're not calling ourselves Got7, we're not coming up with a secret handshake or dance or whatever else you have planned. We're here to study anyway, not listen to you babble."

"But-"

Mark cuts Jackson off by covering his mouth. "Right. Let's study." The Head Boy is smiling affectionately as he speaks, but it's clear that the conversation is over. At least for now.

Despite all six of their protests, the name somehow manages to stick with them. Probably because Jackson doesn't give up on it and calls them Got7 consistently. Even the Professors slip up now and again. It gives the rest of them headaches whenever it's brought up. But there's really no use fighting the name. What Jackson wants Jackson gets. And apparently Jackson really wants them to be collectively referred to as Got7, no matter how stupid the rest of them think it is.