Chapter 1 (Final)

Dance Practice

"Angle your body more to the left next time. And try to keep those arm movements sharp." Yixing instructed as he watched Jongdae struggle with the choreography. The latter gritted his teeth and tried the move again, his face one of determination and exhaustion. They had been going over the same routine for at least 2 hours now, and still Jongdae stumbled, wobbled or twisted the wrong way.

"Step and kick. Step and kick. Now left- No, turn to the left! Left!!"

He said nothing, shooting laserbeams at the floor while trying hard to suppress a sudden flash of anger. After all, getting irritated at Yixing would be stupid and childish since the latter was only trying to help. Jongdae knew that the emotions he felt were really directed at himself and his body's goddamn lack of co-ordination when it came to dancing.
Not Yixing.
Jongdae would never be angry at Zhang Yixing.

"Stop."

Startled, the younger boy glanced up, and let out a low growl when he realised he was out of time with the music. Again.
Yixing heaved a sigh and fixed the other with wide, concerned eyes.

"Jongdae."

Said boy surpressed yet another flash of negative emotion. Ever since they had been given stage names, Yixing had refrained from calling him Jongdae, unless it was something serious.

"Ne, hyung?"

"Ge." Yixing immediately corrected, from force of habit.

"Ge." Jongdae repeated, tossing the word out through clenched teeth. Why can't I do anything right?

The elder took one glance at the pair of defiant, pained eyes opposite him and decided against pointing out mistakes for the billionth time.

"Let's take a break okay?"

Jongdae watched as Yixing retrieved bottles of water and towels, noting the slight ripples of muscle in the latter's lean arms which were glistening with sweat- seriously what the heck Jongdae? Noticing such things at a time like this..
Subconsciously, he found himself glaring fiercely at the bottle Yixing was trying to hand him, as though channeling his anger into the clear plastic would make everything right.

"...uhm? Chen?"

Reminding himself that a water bottle was not a genie in a lamp and could not grant wishes, Jongdae accepted the water and gulped fiercely... until he choked. Yixing thumped him hard on the back.
Gasping for air, angry words started to form in his head and before he could stop them, the words tumbled over each other out of his mouth, harsh and frustrated.

"Why is this so hard? It's just moving limbs! How is dancing any different to walking? It's just a weird form of walking damn it! Why can I walk but not dance? Why can't I remember Chinese? Why can't I do anything? What's wrong with me?!" Jongdae slumped against the wall, defeat flooding his body after the vehement rant.

"What's wrong with me.." He repeated in a smaller tone, the syllables wavering. Yixing squatted down in front of the younger boy and studied him silently. All this time, he had watched Jongdae practise and practise until he was ready to collapse and never once did he complain. He would keep feelings in check and plow through to success. However, facing something head on wasn't always the answer- it was like repeatedly bashing yourself against a brick wall.Taking his towel, he gently dabbed at the beads of sweat that had gathered on the boy's face and neck from exertion. Startled at the sudden gesture, Jongdae instinctively whipped back, resulting in intense pain as the side of his head crashed against the wall.

"- MY HEAD- OW- ARGH- DAMN IT."

For a few seconds, his vision was smothered with little stars that danced in a fog of pain before clearing to reveal a panicked face.

"Oh my God, ChenChen!! Are you okay?! Can you hear me? Do you have a concussion?? How many fingers am I holding up??" Yixing spluttered, his towel flapping as he waved his arms about in front of the other. For the third time that day, a wave of emotions surged through Jongdae- amusement at his hyung, lingering pain from the bump, relief that his head was still in one piece, embarrassment at his own clumsiness and a strange, tingly feeling at being called ChenChen. The last one was something he couldn't quite put his finger on, a feeling that sharpened every nerve in his body and set his senses alight. Jongdae stared at the shirt hovering somewhere above him, through which a tight outline of his form could be seen clearly, eyes slowly travelling up torso, shoulders and neck before finally resting on that oh-so-familar face. A face which seemed to draw him into memorising every curve and dip of the features. A face that, up until now, Jongdae took for granted. How did I not notice how perfect those features are? Those deep warm pools of dark chocolate, the gentle slope of that nose, those slightly flushed cheeks, and those lips- Wait, what the hell Kim Jongdae?!

He took a deep breath. I'm fine. I'm just.. seeing things in a different perspective after that bump. Yeah. That's it. Nothing to worry about.

Realising that the other was still waiting for an answer, Jongdae tried to laugh off the awkwardness bubbling inside him. "Yeah, um, h-ge, I didn't know you had towels for fingers."

Yixing paused his waving abruptly, glancing at the white material he had been flapping two seconds ago, before tossing it behind him. "Well, erm.. At least the humour and sarcasm section in your brain hasn't been damaged. Yet."

"Yet?? What do you mean yet?? All areas of my body are fully intact and undamaged thank you very much!"

"Except for your ego." The older boy smirked.

"You-! GE!!" The younger whined and attempted to poke the other, who simply laughed and rolled away.

"Come on, let's go through the choreography again."

~~~

Jongdae walked into the dorm, heading straight for his room (which he and Yixing shared). Throwing himself backwards onto his bed, he closed his eyes, legs hanging limply off the side, arms spread wide. Jongdae lay there for who-knows-how-long, remaining in that state even when someone walked in and plopped heavily beside him with a groan of bedsprings.
Yixing eyed the younger boy, running over his peaceful features. As much as he wanted to let Jongdae rest, there was one last thing he had to do.

"Hey, ChenChen, you need to shower." Yixing poked the hand nearest to him. To his surprise, a finger gently curled itself around his own and remained there, even when the elder tried to pull away.

"Nngh.. gege it's so comfortable here though.." Jongdae finally opened his eyes, shifting his head slightly to pout at the elder. Yixing let out a soft sigh, reaching over to extract his finger and maybe nudge the other boy some more, when both his wrists were captured by a pair of hands.

"Enngh ge..! Don't be mean..." Jongdae whined and pouted even harder, not willing to shift his body. Yixing, realizing that his hands weren't going to be released any time soon, contented himself with sprawling across what little space was left on the bed with another groan of bed springs.

"Fine.. Just a few more minutes okay?"

Suppressing a satisfied smirk, Jongdae allowed his eyelids to droop and his hands to slide down the older's wrists until only the tips of their fingers were connected. The elder shivered at the sensation of Jongdae's skin brushing against his own, yet found himself wanting, needing more. Almost subconsciously, his thigh crept to the right, seeking the warmth that contact would bring. His efforts were rewarded when he was able to find Jongdae's left leg. In one quick fluid movement, Yixing rolled himself on top of Jongdae, hooking his leg over the latter's to prevent him from kicking any part of his body.

Because Jongdae could give a damn good kick when he wanted to.

True to Yixing's predictions, the younger immediately started wriggling his legs, fruitlessly trying to find purchase in some part of Yixing's body.

"YAH GE!!"

"This is what you get for not listening to my orders ChenChen~!"

"You said a few more minutes though!"

"Yeah but I never said I wouldn't bother you in those few minutes, did I?" Yixing laughed, a little too cruelly for Jongdae's liking.

"GE, GET OFF ME!"

"No~~!"

"ARGH YOU'RE SO FAT AND HEAVY!"

"...AM NOT!!"

"AM SO!!"

"YAH YOU SHOULD RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!"

"JUST GET OFF ALREADY!!" 

Yixing frowned and started to lift himself up... to viciously poke the younger's midsection. Screeches reverberated throughout the dorm as Jongdae redoubled his efforts to escape from the torture.

"And this is what you get for calling me fat and heavy ChenChen~!" Yixing sang, landing a particularly sharp jab on Jongdae's side.

"NO HAHAHA HYUNG HAHAHAHA STOP AHAHA MY STOMACH-!"

"Would you like to shower now~?"

"AHAHA NO OW I MEAN YES AHAHA OW YES YES!!"

"Excellent."

Satisfied that his quarry could no longer retaliate, Yixing clambered off the bed and smiled sweetly at his groaning roommate. "Love you, ChenChen~!"

"Love you too." Jongdae replied grudgingly as he slowly straightened up and massaged his sides.


Merry Christmas everyone! :D

. c o m m e n t s  a r e  l o v e d .