it's cold

My Stupid Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

“Changjo,” Ricky placed his favorite pudding onto my hand with an adorable smile. How is a guy capable of looking this adorable? His smile just melts me.

 

"I'm busy," I threw the pudding back in his face. I turned the other direction because his face was giving me a heart attack.

 

"I don't like sweets," I buried myself into my history research paper. The others in my group pushed all the tedious responsibilities to me and I had a mountain of work.

 

"Changjo, help me with my history paper!" Ricky showed off his billion dollar pout. His eyes were smiling but his lips were pouting like a puppy and it was irresistible. I maintained my frown reluctant to help him, this paper is over 30 pages and I was sure my other group members are doing a sloppy job with the bear minimum.

 

I didn't like school, but it didn't mean I wanted to grow up to be a failure.

 

"The teacher said he would fail me if I can't do a proper job this time around. I'm almost done,all you need to do is look over it and point me in the right direction" Ricky's eyes were brimmed with tears and my walls of defense began crumbling

 

"Didn't you tell me you got an A last time?" I asked continuing to type my own paper.

 

"I was too embarrassed to tell you about it. I'll do whatever you say for a day, please?" Ricky back hugged me trying to steal my attention away from the monitor. He spoke resting his head on my shoulder. His voice tickled my ears and I couldn't sit still any longer.

 

He was always like this... biting off more than he could chew and then making me pick up all the pieces.

 

But I'm more frustrated at myself because I fall for all his traps.

 

"What's your paper on?" I muttered saving my own paper for later.

 

Ricky smiled and hugged me tighter.

 

"I love you Changjo~" Ricky said sweetly into my ears.  

 

I turned to yell into his ears for revenge but his face was too close and our lips brushed against each other.

 

Ricky jumped back and his face flushed beat red.

 

I laughed because he was acting like a girl. Ricky pouted and began beating me up  

 

 

"You  did that on purpose!" Ricky began hitting with more power. "Idiot!"

 

Ricky's face was growing redder by the second.

 

I pretended his punches hurt a lot although it felt more like a massage. He smiled triumphant and laughed through his nose at my pain, but looked slightly apologetic and worried at the same time.

 

"So what's your topic?" I said stopping his hands in midair by handcuffing them in my hands and forced him to the sit on the computer next to mine.

 

Ricky tried to flail his arms out but he failed.

 

"Sit!" I commanded. "we have work to do. or maybe you don't want my help?"

 

Ricky calmed down muttering an apology  .

 

His hands were tiny and I felt like I was training a new born pup to sit still.

 

Just then his cellphone vibrated on his desk, I saw the caller ID with the corner of my eyes.

 

'Chaejin'

 

Ricky reached for it, but before he could answer i silenced it and hung off. I slid the phone to airplane mode and stuck it into my pocket.

 

"It's time to study, or do you want to fail history class" I said stern .

 

Ricky saluted like I was his commander and began taking out his books and paperwork for his research paper.


 

•••••••••••


 

I fell into my bed exhausted. Friday was finally over and I had cram school but I'd rather skip and sleep in. I was proofing and rewriting everyone's research papers all night and I'm just dying right now.

 

I didn't sleep a wink and stayed up all night.

 

But just as I drifted to sleep a heavy weight pressed into my back.

 

"Let's go to movies, we have a movie

Please log in to read the full chapter