abnormals

My Stupid Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 1
 
“Changjo, it’s the first snowfall!” Ricky spun around letting the snow kiss his cheeks. For a moment, I thought he looked very beautiful. His smile is unbearably contagious and bright like the first day of summer. He gave me energy with simply his presence in my gray dreary life. 
 
I had my hands stuffed into my pocket with my jacket zipped up high since the weather hit a record low of -14.1 Celsius. I shivered to the point my bones felt painful. However, Ricky was running around like a squirrel who met spring for the first time. His energy was like a warm heater in this freezing cold. 
 
Chaejin, my step brother, smirked making a huge snowball and hurled it at Ricky in LTE speed. I summoned an anti spell making the snowball explode in his own face.

Chaejin cried, but burst into laughter and plodded along with us.

 “You’re going to get a cold, get under my umbrella” I tsked and pulled Ricky under. “Are you guys in first grade? We’re going to be late at this rate.”

Ricky pouted and stuck his hand out of the umbrella to catch the falling snowflakes. I flicked his forehead and forced his hand into my pocket. 
 
Ricky whined trembling so I squeezed onto his hand and chanted a spell for warmth to envelop us. Chaejin pouted and joined our circle hoping to catch a bit of the warm air blowing between Ricky and I. 
 
Ricky’s hand fit inside my hand perfectly like a small heat pack. His hand felt so nice and I inwardly cursed how near by our school was. A quick fifteen minute walk zoomed in a flash. I didn’t want to let go of his hand. Ricky’s nose grew pink from the cold, he trembled and stuck closer to me. 
 
“Changjo, why don’t you come to class? It’s lonely attending class without you” Ricky stared up at me; his eyes sparkled and were so clear. Staring at him was making me feel strange.
 
, my heart must be stupid. I felt my heart stir under his gaze. Maybe I’m coming down with a cold, I explained to myself trying to shake this feeling off.

“The teachers hate me. They’re all glad I don’t want to come to school,” I dreaded the boring school so much. Today I had 8 whole hours of nothing but lecture. I yawned feeling sleep return to me. My eyes kept closing every other minute. Ricky would poke me and yell every now and then, shocking me back to my senses.
 
When Chaejin shivered, Ricky intertwined his hand with Chaejin’s. 

“Today is seriously freezing!” Ricky used the both of us as barrier against the cold. 

I couldn’t help but notice Chaejin blush as he pushed himself closer to Ricky. 

My heart fumed for some reason. I felt extremely irritated and annoyed, the feelings I’ve always kept hidden were starting to creep out again. I took a deep breath and began thinking about school instead, but my agitation only multiplied. 

I placed my hands above my racing heart and thumped it.

Maybe I’m just sick. 
 


⚜⚜♚⚜⚜

 

“Idiot, why aren’t you in class?” I bonked Ricky’s head with my binder gently.
 
“We had exams and I finished early. The teacher told me to do self studies in the computer lab.” Ricky roared with laughter watching a youtube video.

I sat down on the computer next to him and opened my email,  
“Changjo, what does a clock do when it goes hungry?” Ricky wiped the tears from his eyes from laughing too hard.
 
“What?” I answered not very curious.

“It goes back four seconds!” Ricky began losing his breath from laughing too hard and leaned on me for support. I dazed thinking how adorable Ricky was for a moment.

The next moment, I noticed Somin blushing like a mad woman from across the room. She’s been watching Ricky for weeks. I pushed Ricky off my shoulder and bonked his head again so I can wipe his smile off. 

His smile is a lady’s magnet. 

Ricky, the guy with the cutest face but I can promise you, he’s the straightest guy in this planet. He already had 2 girlfriends.  

Ricky began crying from pain, but it just made him more adorable. The girls around us glared at me with fire in their eyes but they couldn’t do anything because they were scared of me, an abnormal. 


⚜⚜♚⚜⚜


 
Something heavy was pressing onto my shoulders, getting heavier and heavier… it was becoming hard to breathe.
 
This smell of sweet chocolate, it must be Ricky.
 
"Get off idiot," I grunted half asleep with my head resting on my desk. Maybe I really did catch a fever, I’m so tired.
 
“You’re heavy.” I muttered blindly swatting him off.
 
“Show me your worksheet for math today, I didn’t finish” Ricky was ruffling my hair setting it into a mohawk.
 
“If you don’t want my fist on your face, I suggest you leave me alone,” I threatened but

Please log in to read the full chapter