Chapter 2

Under A Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's nothing much to do during the first day of class, that's why they had been sent home earlier than they're supposed to, due to some unknown reason (something about schedules got mixed) which Kyungsoo is very grateful for, since his mind is still in a bit mess. Luna already went  home ahead of him, a bit in a hurry, when he arrived at Luna's homeroom. Then it started pouring hard, dark clouds hovering over the whole area of the city. It's been raining a lot these past few days, and Kyungsoo is thankful he didn't forget to bring his umbrella this time.

Kyungsoo can't find the right words to explain how regretful he had been after that encounter earlier. He doesn't want to be rude. Embarrassment ensued that's why he acted like that. To be misunderstood that he's checking someone out is the least thing he'd want to be leading on. True he may had checked on this Jongin guy, but if it wasn't because of his friend's insistence, he would never even take a second glance towards the guys. And, as to why is he being affected like this is what's confusing him the most. Kyungsoo hit his chest once before shaking his head.

"And, it looks like he is quite taking a liking at you."

Those words kept on ringing inside Kyungsoo's ears. To say he wasn't flustered would be a lie. Because, no one has ever paid attention to Do Kyungsoo. The heartmelting smile of the tan guy flashes right across his mind, and his body reacted weirdly. His heart thumping wild against his chest, electricity shooting up in his veins, and he stops walking, palm pressed right across his heart, eyes fixed on the wet ground, his other hand gripping extra tight at his umbrella. His fast heartbeat overpowering the sound of rain drops falling on top of his parasol. Then laughters were heard few feet away from him. He looks up and sees the same group he saw earlier, saying goodbyes and teasing each other about something that Kyungsoo can't quite decipher, before going separate ways.

Naturally, Kyungsoo would have ignored the group and just proceeds his way out of the school. Ride the bus just like the usual, especially today with the rain getting heavier every second. Go straight to his room. Take a shower. Drink a hot chocolate if he finds the diligence to make one. Do an advance reading or whatnot. But, no. Instead, he finds himself walking in the general direction of the guy left behind.

It's only past two in the afternoon but due to the current bad weather, it already looked like it's around five or six in the evening.

Among the group, one is left behind. From where Kyungsoo stands, he can't quite recognize who that is until he made few more steps closer. The guy, standing in the corner, hands gripping the straps of his bag looking up on the dark clouds covering the once clear sky. For a minute, the guy tried to step under the rain but went back in the shed when all efforts fail. Strong winds start to surround the area, and the doe-eyed shivers from the cold, since he isn't wearing any sweater. He didn't bring one, because he didn't thought the weather would be this bad by the afternoon. The guy from the shed is now rocking his feet back and forth from boredom of not being able to go home. And, Kyungsoo is watching his every move, which he finds really cute. 

 

Jongin just wants to go home, but with this hard rain pouring down makes it impossible. His friends had offered to share the umbrella with him, but Jongin rejected since that would be useless. His friends are a bunch of overgrown guys, and among his friends, it's only Yixing and Sehun who are the earnest ones to bring an umbrella everyday, since last year. Those umbrellas are not big enough to fit three people, and since they are a group of five overgrown boys, one should sacrifice to be left behind. And that is, Jongin.

But, it looks like the rain is not gonna stop anytime soon. Jongin sighs and shivers when cold breeze passes through him.

 

"Hey." Kyungsoo mutters which startles the tan guy. Jongin didn't expect to see the doe-eyed boy, and the surprised look in his face made Kyungsoo chuckle.

"Hey." Jongin responds back brushing the side of his arm. He's having goosebumps at the moment, and he doesn't know if that happens before or after Kyungsoo had greeted him. 

There was silence.

"Wanna share?" Kyungsoo offers after contemplating if it's smart of him to do that. He may looked like being nonchalant about it, but deep inside, his heart is already attempting to jump out of his ribcage, any moment soon.

Jongin is a bit lose for words. Because, as far as he know, based as to what happened earlier, Kyungsoo doesn't like him. But the fact that he's talking with him right now, made Jongin happy. Like really, really happy.

He fidgets.

Nods.

And, the next thing he knows, they are riding the same bus on the way home. To add up to that, Kyungsoo is sitting beside him, and Jongin is, once again, utterly speechless but happy ─ he doesn't know what to talk about anyway. And no, it's not Kyungsoo who followed Jongin to the seat. Kyungsoo was the first one to take the seat and only had the decency to asked Jongin if he wants to take the seat beside him, which the tan guy, for some obvious reason, would never have the heart to decline.

"I'm sorry!"

"I'm sorry."

They both said in unison, surprising both of them. Then they chuckle. After few seconds of silence, the two calm the tension and they started making normal conversations.

"I'm really sorry about how I acted and said earlier." Kyungsoo trails off, playing with his thumbs on his lap.

"Forget it." Jongin says looking at Kyungsoo, which made the doe-eyed guy even more nervous. Because ever since they rode the bus, Jongin has been staring at him, and Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter