Chapter 1

Under A Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't believe we're not in the same homeroom this year!" Luna wails in attempt to let out her frustration of not having his buddy on the same class as her this time around. If Kyungsoo knows well, it's not because they are friends, but the benefits of having a friend. Not that he's implying that Luna is a friend-user, but near somewhere there, because on the side note, she's a really good friend, just... foolish and lazy. 

"At least, you could make new friends." Kyungsoo points out giving Luna a light push on the arm as they tread towards the cafeteria.

"Buddy, you know all too well I don't like making friends." She scoffs, crossing her arms and inspects her nails, like how those narcissistic popular girls do, before turning around placing her palm in front of the doe-eyed guy's face. "I mean, I do like making friends, but you know I'm not the type to make the first move, and it doesn't help either that my facial features scream unapproachable." She complains before sighing, clasping his palm into fist before pulling it away, like she's grabbing something in the air. "I'm that hard to be friends with."

"Couldn't beg to disagree." Kyungsoo retorts earning a punch on the arm. "Just kidding!" He snickers before ruffling his friend's hair. "You need to find a boyfriend."

"Earth to Kyungsoo... How many times do I have to tell you? I could hardly get a friend, what makes you think I could even get a boyfriend?" She scowls kicking Kyungsoo playfully at the shin as they enter the cafeteria. Kyungsoo must have been laughing a bit too loud than necessary from teasing her friend when some students whip their heads on them, stopping them both in their tracks. And that automatically shut them both from attracting more attention, because that's the least thing they'd want to have at the beginning of their school year. The two lower their heads giggling pushing each other aside as they sprint towards the line of students getting their own lunch. Not that Kyungsoo is going to buy as well, he doesn't need to, because he always brings his own lunch. It's just her too dependent friend which needs her company, is all.

Unaware of the attention being given by a certain tan guy.

 

Jongin sighs for the nth time since that morning, finding out that all his friends are roomed together, with him and his giant friend as an exception. Not that he minds being seperated from them, it's just... the thought of being surrounded again with new faces and surroundings makes him much lonelier than ever. How bad could it get? He doesn't know, and he doesn't even wanna think about it for even a second. He's so drown out of his own deep thoughts, totally tuning his friends out from their lively conversation about being in the same homeroom, when a certain laughter caught his attention turning his head in the general direction of the owner of those sounds.

Not that Jongin was enchanted or anything, with the way this doe-eyed guy laughs lively before snickering trying to block the punch and kick her friend is sending him; neither the way his lips turned to one of those pretty heart shape making his own heart go beating crazily for some strange reason against his chest; nor the way the guy became so flustered for the sudden realization of getting unwanted attention from indifferent individuals, before snickering back when all heads turn away. No, he is totally not captivated with this certain doe-eyed guy. 

Jongin admits he's never paid any attention to any other guys before, although he had met numbers of good-looking people back then. He's well aware of his own preference, since he doesn't feel any attraction towards the opposite . But, how this doe-eyed had captured his attention, he doesn't know. No, Jongin is not head-over-heels to the petite guy. He's just somehow, attracted? 

"-in..."

"Jongin."

"Hyung!"

"Hey, Jongin!"

Jongin snaps out of his reverie, after getting lost once again in his own little world, when his friends' voices somehow made it through his scattered mind with fantasies about a certain petite boy. He turns his head towards his friends, whose attention are all on him. A blush started to became visibly evident on his face, as if he had been caught red-handed. 

 

"Seven o'clock." Luna whispers, nudging Kyungsoo. The latter knows too well what that actually meant. Kyungsoo turns his head slightly and stealthily into the direction where his friend had instructed. A group of guys sitting two tables away from entrance door of the cafeteria, all laughing indiscreetly for everyone's amusement. Kyungsoo shifts his attention back to the line after scrutinizing the group.

"What about them?" Kyungsoo mutters stepping forward, Luna following his movement.

"I don't know. When you told me earlier about getting a boyfriend, I somehow became conscious about the guys around." She starts facing Kyungsoo, but her eyes peering through the juncture between Kyungsoo's shoulder and chin, carelessly checking the guys out, at the small gap.

"I see you're putting your height into use." He snickers when he noticed what his friend is doing. Knowing he'd earn another hit on the arm, his other hand automatically covers it in defense, but nothing came. He looks at his friend, whose eyes are suddenly as wide as saucers.

"Incoming." She shrieks but loud enough for Kyungsoo only to hear, eyes somehow avoiding the general direction of seven o'clock group, alerting Kyungsoo at the sudden realization. No way. When he turns his head around, his eyes slightly going wide in the process, he was expecting a number of guys walking towards them, eyes somehow menacingly judging them, possibly for being caught about how his friend is indiscreetly checking them out, with the help, somehow, from his body parts, not that he did anything to stop her. But, there was none.

"Ha! Gotcha!" Luna guffaws soundlessly hitting his stomach, before hitting Kyungsoo by the arm.

"What the heck was that all about??" Kyungsoo squeals, hand clutching against his chest, but remains impassive nonetheless. He tried grabbing Luna, as a punishment, by the back of her neck, because it's her Achilles heel, he learned.

"Gahd, stop it!" Luna struggles pushing away Kyungsoo's tight grip, making her get teary eyed from laughing so hard. "Fine- stop- ok, stop! I give up! I'm sorry!"

"I don't feel the sincerity." 

"I'm sorry! I won't do it again. I promise!" 

"Liar." Kyungsoo says but did let go anyway.

"Hehe... right." Luna snickers grabbing her balled fist before poking Kyungsoo at the side. "But, what do you think?" She asks, once again scrutinizing the guys from a far. Kyungsoo turns his head once again in the general direction of the said group, and the first guy he'd noticed is the tan guy, who apparently looks like somehow lost in his own deep thoughts. He doesn't actually know who his friend is pertaining to in particular.

"I think the tall guy beside the tan guy looks more like a boyfriend material." Luna comments eyeing the group. It doesn't matter to them anymore right now, if they are both openly checking the guys out. Not that they'd notice them, anyway.

"Naah~ He looks too goofy." Earning a gasp from Luna.

"I beg to disgaree. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter