Shattered Dreams- Chapter 1

Kyuwook Library
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Description: Kyuhyun already had his solo debut and the company is planning one for Yesung when he returns from the army. Ryeowook is losing hope for his solo debut, and confidence in his singing.What will happen to Ryeowook?  

--------------------------------------------------------------------- "We've planned another solo debut for your group."  Ryeowook's heartbeat quickened in anticipation and excitement. It's finally my turn! He thought. "But we'll have to wait for another year or so." It's ok! No matter how long it takes to prepare for my album, I'm willing to sacrifice my time for it. He was so excited; his brown eyes sparkling with excitement, his lips were curved into a smile, hands clenched tightly, waiting for his name to be said.  "We're telling you in advance so we can surprise the member when he comes back." Wait what? Ryeowook was here, and why would he be involved in the surprise plan if he was the one they were suppose to surprise?  The rest of the members began whispering among themselves."When he comes back? Ah, it must be Yesung's. His time has finally come! I wonder if his pride was damaged when Kyuhyun had a solo before his." Sungmin mumbled to himself beside Ryeowook.  "As you all have guessed, it is indeed Yesung's. We felt it was time for him to have a solo after Kyuhyun, he'll make it big, with his voice. We also feel that it's the last solo your group will be having. So plan a surprise for him and tell us your plans in advance."  Ryeowook's heart sank. When was his turn? Would he not had made it big? Was his voice not good enough? Too soft? Too feminine? Too common? Or was he not handsome enough? Too fat?  A thousand reasons why he couldn't have a solo ran through his mind, his already low self confidence and self esteem sank even lower with each reason; if it was even possible.    It wasn't easy to have self confidence with so many more charming men around him. How could he feel confident with his looks when he was always ranked second last base in looks? How could he be confident in his body with Siwon's 8 pack abs and those to die for guns? Not to mention, his 183cm height. How could he feel confident with his voice when there's Kyuhyun's low, smoothing and manly voice? Or with Yesung's honey sweet like voice? There was no charm in him, he thought.    It wasn't easy to lose all those weight since his teenage years. It also wasn't easy to forget about what it feels like to be teased for his weight and looks. For more than 5 years he had to endure those comments about his weight. It was more than enough to last a lifetime! How could he feel confident about his body anymore since then? How could he feel confident about anything after all those hate on the Internet?    The little confidence in himself all came crashing down after he realized he wasn't going to have a solo debut. He felt empty and numb.  All those sleepless nights spent in the vocal rooms, practicing so hard on his voice until he had a sore throat. All those sweat he dripped while practicing dance moves. It all seemed to vanish like dust now.    The members were unaffected by the fact that the management announced it was the last solo from this group. They were all elated to plan ways to break the news to Yesung that they didn't even notice a small figure slip out of the room.    All except for one.    Kyuhyun noticed every single movement of Ryeowook's. He noticed how his face fell, how he had unshed tears glistening in his eyes, how he just seemed so broken, how he breathe deeply a couple of times to compose himself, how he keeps staring off into space, his eyebrows furrowed together, his lips forming a frown. Of course he would notice the older slip out. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter