An Arranged Marriage

Operation: Break Myungsoo's Heart

 

 

"Oh my gosh, it's L of Infinite!" First thing in the morning and that's what I hear. What a nice way to start my morning.

 

"It's the Kingkas, Infinite!" A group of schoolgirls a year below us shrieked together and I was forced to shut my book close loudly in annoyance. Oh my goodness, could somebody please just tape these girls' mouths? Seriously, they need to tone it down and realize that somebody behind them may be studying their asses off. 

 

"Would you please shut up?" I asked, my tone laced with irritation. I sent them a sickly sweet and fake smile. Not that I liked any of the Kingkas or L, but I was a busy scholar trying to find a quiet place to study in. And because of the oh so awaited arrival of the Kingkas of this school, called Infinite,  it just made my situation worse. 

 

"Are you okay with dozens of girls shrieking over your boyfriend?" Did I forget to mention the fact that my best friend, Mi Young, was the girlfriend of one of these kingkas? Specifically, L. To be honest, I didn't really understand why everyone calls him L, when his real name is Kim Myungsoo. Nobody calls him Myungsoo though, and I mean nobody. Mi Young was one of the few people who can call him by his first name, only close and special people to him could call him that.

 

"You know he only loves me, Eun Mi." She had that lovestruck gaze again, and I sighed hopelessly. I better resume to studying, it's better than this unimportant crap about love. She's just going to babble again, about their latest date, or something like that. 

 

"Excuse me, he so does not. He's like, married to me already." One of these from the club people call Queenkas interjected into our conversation. Wow, what a nice way to say that to his girlfriend, you dumb bimbo. I better stay out of this, I want to keep my record clean, and staining them with getting into school fights isn't a good way to start.

 

"What are you saying, he's mine!" And they bickered amongst themselves, making me shoot a glance at Mi Young. She wasn't really enthusiastic about all these hate and negative comments she was getting, and I wasn't really supportive of their relationship to be honest. But let's see, they've been going strong for a year now. L had the reputation of a playboy who only wanted to get into girls' pants. Once he gets what he wants, he leaves. And L always gets what he wants, except for me though, I was never really attracted ot him from the moment I met him. Sure, he's attractive, popular, rich and smart, but he's also got a short-tempered, arrogant, and violent attitude to match with that. L is an epitome of a bad boy; at least that's how they call him.

 

"Yeah, we're okay." Mi Young smiled at me, though I could tell there was something else in her eyes. I don't know.. it was just different from her usual look when she talked about L. 

 

"Hey, are you sure you'r-" but I was interjected. I wanted to ask her if she was okay because I feel like she hasn't been her usual, cheery, and positive self. Even I was noticing some things around here, and I'm not really observant.

 

"Good morning, babe." Oh wow, here it goes again. L with his pet names and his attempts to fool my best friend. He may have Mi Young fooled, but not me. He pecked her quickly on the lips and showed off that smirk on his face. L always had that smirk, it was his signature gesture. I was disgusted, not because I was jealous of my best friend, but because he was probably doing some shenanigans behind her back and she was just too blinded by love to see that.

 

"Good morning...nerd." I believe the "royal " was addressing me. Wow, I appreciate the good morning but then he always has to ruin everything. Truth be told, I've been trying to get along with L ever since he and Mi Young became a couple just for the sake of my friend, but then he always has to do something that I will hate. L gave me a once over then raised his eyebrow, then he ran his left hand over his messy jet black hair; presumably so that he'd have that messy and very "y"  'just got out of bed' look.

 

"Would you stop raking your hands over your hair, it makes it look like you're getting hairloss or something. It makes you look stupid." I gave myself a mental pat on the back for that, and he started smirking even more if that was still possible. He put his arms over Mi Young, which fumed my irritation even more.

 

"Someone call animal control, looks like there's a on the loose." L said a little louder this time, making my face burn red. Mi Young, on the other hand, kept telling L to just shut up and defended me. Well at least she's not standing there and doing nothing. I was kind of used to getting this treatment from L, apparently, I was already this lucky to be able not to get a beating from L himself, considering he could get me beaten up in a breath.

 

"I'm too busy, can I ignore you some other time?" I snapped back. This was already a frequent occurence in my daily life, no matter how much I wanted L out of it. 

 

"Aegi-ya, stop fighting with Eun Mi." And cue Mi Young's flawless aegyo once again. Immediately, L's eyes soften and he snaps one last dark glance at me before going to their classroom. I was always alone, since L doesn't really like walking with anyone else other than his other gangster friends and now, Mi Young. Sweet, and innocent Mi Young.

 

"Arasseo, let's go." And they make their grand exit, with L taking the herd of fangirls and screams with him. Thank God, now I can study for that quiz we have in Math today. Not to brag or anything, but on of my best subjects was Math, as well as many other objects; perks of being on the honor's roll. 

 

"Eun Mi-ssi!" I heard a familiar voice cry out my name, and I looked back seeing Luhan running my way. Luhan, was one of my other best friends, besides Mi Young. Luhan was always and I mean always late but he's always just in time for when Mi Young and the idiot L leaves me on my own. Have I ever told you that I have a teeny, tiny crush on Luhan for about.. two years now? You can't really blame me, he's also one of the popular boys in my school and I don't even understand why he's hanging out with us. Wait no, with me I mean. He's like every girl's dream, but then L and his bunch of friends came here, so other people's attention were directed to them.

 

"Ah, Lulu annyeong!" I waved back at him, and waited for him in my spot. I liked calling him Lulu, but he was sometimes annoyed by this childish nickname, as described by him. He's actually my childhood friend, so I've known him ever since and that nickname stuck on him. 

 

"Let's go to our room now!" He still had that cheery voice of his, and his sparkling eyes. Oh, don't even get me started on his eyes. Luhan is undeniably gorgeous, I tell you. He's always had that happy go lucky and innocent-like attitude. He was also very kind, and got along with everyone. Luhan was like a little kid sometimes, he made you want to squish his cheeks and enclose him in a tight bear hug. But he also has his dark and manly side some times, and we never tell him, but he unconsciously switches to that side of him sometimes.

 

"Kyeopta!" Luhan ruffles my hair and makes it messy and disorganized as it already is. He even pinches my cheeks, making me flush in embarrasment. I was as red as a tomato as of now. Luhan just called me cute, to be honest, even though he always calls me that, it always had an effect on me that I just couldn't explain. It made me feel like I was floating on cloud nine everytime I was with him, he made me feel loved and cared for. Luhan was just well..Luhan.

 

Aish, my heart was beating so fast, I wouldn't be surprised if it just went out of my chest right now because of how loud it was. 

 

"Lulu!" I warned, and pretended to play angry at him for making my hair look like a bird's nest like it already had been this morning. But I guess I failed that mission because I ended up giggling and laughing at myself. We both walked happily into our classrooms. 

 

 

 

"Mom, you're here?" I was surprised, seeing as my mom and dad were barely here because they were always busy in meetings, projects, in their business. Our family is one of the richest families in the country, hosting one of the biggest companies. I wasn't really to complain because they were able to provide me with everything that I wanted ever since I was a little girl, but it didn't fill that emptiness in my heart. The longingness for parents to care for you and to cook for you, things like that.

 

"We have something..serious to talk about." My dad said in his stern and strict voice. I was now afraid of this conversation that has yet to come, my dad was always kind of that jokey kind of father. He wasn't always serious, so this was one of those important matters, and I can say he looks pretty down today. Sheesh, what is happening to everyone today? First Mi Young, then my dad? What next, my pet reindeer? Oh wait, I don't have a reindeer. Gosh, where do I get all these random thoughts?

 

"We.. we got you in an arranged marriage, sweetie." My dad finally announced when we sat on the table together, with my mom looking out for my possible, violent reaction. And that was just what they're going to get.

 

"What are you saying..this is a joke, right?" I chuckled nervously, who was I kidding? My parents never joke about these kind of stuff.

 

"WHAT! But you can't do this! I have bright plans ahead for my life! I'm still in high school! Plus, I want to focus on my studies first. How could you decide to marry me off to some old and erted businessman?" I stood up from my chair, enraged that they would do this to me. 

 

"Actually, it's not just some old businessman, it's his son. Quite a handsome fellow, you know." My mom cleared , deciding to speak now out of all times. Well, that doesn't make things any better, do they really think that just because someone's hot that I'll like that guy they want to marry me off to?

 

"They are having dinner with us tonight , Eun Mi and I want you to be on your best behavior. Do not cuss, complain, nor say anything bad to them. Okay? Please know that we're doing this for your own good." My mother brought out a shocking news to me, and I was frozen. I couldn't move, I was still taking in the fact that they wanted me to marry some rich and obnoxious guy just for a business opportunity to help their company.

 

"Mom, Dad. I know I haven't disobeyed any of what you tell me to do.. but I can't do this. I can't marry a man I don't even love, and I'm still young." I was desperate this time, pleading for someone to tell me this is some kind of joke.

 

"Sweetie..you know we can't do that. We already promised that this was the deal. It's been an arranged marriage ever since your birth. He's your betrothed." My dad tried to reason out with me, but I knew I wasn't believing anything that they said. I wasn't thinking right as of now.

 

"You-You mean, ever since I was a baby? You already married me off?" I refused to believe this. I hate this, I hate them-

 

"I HATE YOU!" I screamed, biting my lip as I let out all of the tears that I had kept within me. I ran upstairs quickly to my room, shutting the door and locking it tight. I didn't want to see them right now. Of all the times they had to be home and together with me, it had to be because of this. I wasn't overreacting..how would you react if you knew you were to be married to someone you don't even know, much more even like? This is completely ridiculous, I'm not marrying some random guy even if he's rich and handsome.

 

I just cried, weeping silently. I am not getting married, I convinced myself. I washed my face, sighing and deciding to get some space. Think, Eun Mi, think. I cleared out my mind, until I was interrupted by a succession of knocks. 

 

"I said go away! I don't want to see anyone." I answered. It stopped for a moment, then began again. I tried turning on the television to mute the sound of the knocks. But something tells me that this wasn't just my maids nor my parents. They would've given up by now.

 

"Get out of there! I'm going to knock down this door if you don't. One." Wait..this voice. 

 

"Two." I knew this voice, it was all too familiar. Something I heard almost everyday, I couldn't forget this. A voice deep and velvety that could make your knees go weak and knock you out if matched with his melting stare. The voice that sounds like an angel when singing but a voice I also dislike hearing.

 

"Three." I hurried to the door to confirm my suspicions, and opened it quickly. I was too scared to look up, no no no.. it can't be him

 

And in a span of three seconds, I found myself face to face with none other than Kim Myungsoo.

 

 


 

Hi guys, so this is my very first story since I'm a new account here in Asianfanfics, and sorry for all of the errors that are in this story haha. Anyways, I hope you will enjoy my new story and support it. Thank youuu. This is for all you Inspirits out there haha, sincerely hope you will enjoy my new story.

So yeah, give me feedback, constructive criticism in order to continue improving my story. Kamsahamnida!