Yuki

The One

“It is a good day to reminisce our early dating days,” Luhan says as he palmed Minseok’s cheeks.

 

“I could still remember the days when you were courting me. It was winter in New York,” Minseok says as he stares at Luhan lovingly. He can still recall how Luhan pursued him despite the heavy snowfall, holding his hand so that he will not get cold.

 

Luhan is simple and sweet; that is what Minseok thought about him before.  He likes to embrace Minseok in his arms.

 

Luhan and Minseok are both sitting in their comfortable brown leather couch, talking about their winter meet ups and memorable experiences.  They gazed at the sparks and flames as they try to restore anything that seems to be missing from their pleasurable, satisfying experiences. They feel that reminiscing what had happened to them in the past few years is like feeding their relationship with a happy multi-vitamin.

 

“I really had a hard time pursuing you back then. You were so cold when you were introduced to me. I thought you wouldn’t give me a chance but you did,” Luhan protests, pouting his lips in front of Minseok.

 

“You are already 29 years old, honey deer. Your pouting makes me sick,” Minseok says, managing a smile as he looks at Luhan, a frown visible on his face. “You always tell me you’re manly but look at you now, pouting in front of me. My Lulu is so cute,” Minseok adds, still smiling, teasing him.

 

“Stop that. Okay?” Luhan starts to get pissed from Minseok’s allegations.

 

Minseok knows what he had said to Luhan really pisses him. He jumps to his feet, standing in front of Luhan, doing cute affectionate style through his baby voice as his facial expression starts to change adorably. “Lu-ge, I’m sorry.”

 

“Forgiven.” Luhan grabs Minseok’s wrist to sit beside him again.

 

“Can you still remember our wedding vows?” Luhan asks.

 

“I, Kim Minseok, take you, Luhan, to be my husband from now on, my constant best friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love. I promise to stay by your side as your husband, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good and the bad times. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.”

 

“You could still remember it. It has been three years since we were married,” Luhan says as he starts pampering kisses on Minseok’s lips.

 

Minseok stares at him, and then nods. “Of course! It’s our sacred vow.”

 

“How about the day I proposed to you to be my partner in life?” Luhan asks again.

 

The restaurant where Luhan proposed is a small Korean restaurant in New York. Minseok could still remember what they are both wearing that evening. The Korean music that is playing while Luhan is kneeling on one knee as he asked Minseok to be his husband is so perfect for the event. It turned to be special to both of them. Thinking of that winter evening always sparks something in Minseok’s heart. “That was one of the happiest days of my life. I really love the fact that our memorable moments always fall in winter season. You know how I love winter.”

 

The last sentence gets Luhan’s attraction, bringing him to an actualization. “I know how you love winter season, snows, and Christmas even though you get cold easily. Don’t you know that the snow is my best buddy when it comes to uplifting your mood?”

 

“I know. Thank you for everything Luhan. I love you so much,” Minseok says, patting Luhan’s shoulder.

 

Luhan and Minseok exchange a glance as Luhan says, “I love you too.”

 

 

 

*♡*

 

 

 

Minseok notices that they are reminiscing and chatting about their past for almost two hours. Luhan happily gets up and pours more coffee for Minseok and himself. They sip their coffee in silence for several moments.

 

As much as Minseok is happy with Luhan, Haru, and their expecting baby, he can’t help but feel sad about his parents who live far away from him. It’s been five years since he last celebrated Christmas with them. “I want to write a letter to mom and dad in Seoul,” Minseok tells Luhan.

 

Luhan holds his coffee cup balanced in his right hand. “That’s an awesome idea. For sure mom and dad will be happy to read your letter.” Luhan assures Minseok.

 

Minseok looks at Luhan with amusement as silence falls again, the men keep on sipping their coffee simultaneously. Haru, their kid, is already eating her favorite cinnamon rolls in the playroom. She is really entertaining herself with the toys Luhan and Minseok gave her.

 

“I will start writing now. I am so excited to tell my parents what our plans are and the things that had happened to us.”

 

Luhan immediately grabs the clean sheet of paper and the sign pen beside the flower vase. He hands it over to Minseok, smiling, as he raises his eyebrows in a flirtatious way.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    December 21, 2014

 

Hi Mom & Dad,

 

I have wonderful news with you. Luhan and I are expecting another baby on the next three days. We’re so grateful and excited, especially Luhan. He’s already decorating the other room in our house that we bought last month. The house has four rooms in it, and I think Luhan plans to fill the rooms with lots of toys for the kids. Having a new house to live in with your family is really worth having.

As you know, Luhan and I wanted a big family. We want a lively home. And since adoption is allowed here in Beijing, we can’t help but add another kid in our family. The orphanage worker said the kid is turning three years old next week. Haru is so excited to see her baby brother’s face. She had already named him Ming-húa, which means brilliant and elite.

Haru can’t believe that on her seventh birthday next month, she’ll become Jiějiě, older sister. She is growing up so fast these past three years. I can still remember how we meet Haru that winter. She is smiling widely to us. And you know Mom how sentimental I was when Haru first said the word ‘daddy’ to me and to Luhan. She looks like an angel. Luhan and I are truly blessed to have two living angels.

Mom and Dad you will be amazed how well your granddaughter doing is. She’s very intelligent and lovely. She’s in first grade now and you wouldn’t believe that she’s the top honour student in their class. Of course, Luhan and I are the happiest and proudest parents. She has gained lots of new friends and playmates as well in school which is very good.

 

Luhan and Haru are both interested in photography. They both have cameras with them and of course I am always their model.

We have new pets in our house, as well. Haru brought home 2 kittens given by our neighbour and Luhan bought four angelfishes that are already inside the aquarium.

 

And oh before I forget, yesterday, Haru is so happy selecting the Christmas decors and tree to be displayed in our house. She picks a color scheme, sticking to wintry colors, like blue, silver and purple decorations. She says she likes white Christmas tree with winter effect covering it, considering the icy, glittering colors of a snowy Christmas. Can you imagine she also chooses the color of ornaments?

You know Mom how picky I am when it comes to Christmas decorations. I want a beautifully decorated Christmas tree that can light up the holiday spirit of everyone who sees it but Haru impresses me. Haru is becoming like me. Well, I think that is better. She loves the Christmas tree the most too. No one can beat seeing my kid’s eyes lighten up around when she sees the sparkles of Christmas lights.

Spending time with my family, decorating the entire house, inside and out, and shopping, for the people I love yesterday are the best feelings ever. I can tell shopping with my whole family during the Christmas season is really my style. I get carried away with spending so much money. Just thinking about the happy and satisfying looks on your face when you received the gifts brings me so much joy. So, expect the Christmas gifts we will send to you both.

I really love my family and I am glad because they feel exactly what they mean to me. I feel so fortunate, to have my family throughout the year, especially, at Christmas season.  Christmas, for me is about being with family, loving each other and showing each other just exactly how we all feel. This is why I really love winter and December. Well, I like February too because of Valentine’s Day but Christmas… I just can’t resist Christmas.

 

Mom and Dad, will you believe, I will be working on one of the high-end hotels here in Beijing, and I can’t wait to handle this big opportunity given to me. I will be conserving and restoring building. Of course, I need to make sure certain standards are followed, that the project remains within its budget, and help iron out any problems as quickly as possible.

Please cheer me up! Actually, I’m 50/50 happy with this new work of mine because I know I’ll get lesser time with my children. I’ll be very busy next year but Luhan sees to it that he can still take good care of the children when I’m busy with my work. Isn’t Luhan the sweetest husband ever? Oh how can I forget, dad? I mean Luhan is the second sweetest husband ever.

Well, Luhan is still a freelancer. He is really into writing. He is dedicated as he has embellished real-life experiences in his works. I really admire his imagination on writing his novels. When it comes to taking good care of Haru, he is really hands-on. He makes an ongoing effort to spend time with Haru and I am quite sure he will also treat Ming-húa just like how he treated Haru. He is indeed a responsible father. He is a great help for Haru’s homework, since he's really good on both English and Literature. He is very affectionate, caring, and loving too. He always treats us with love and care no matter where and with whom. He never fails to tell me and Haru how much he loves and cares about us. (Mom and dad, don’t you think I describe Luhan too much? Well, actually, you can see that the handwriting changed right? It was Luhan who wrote his self-praising. Haha. But all the things he had written here are all true. I couldn’t argue with that.)

 

I don’t know if I should say this to you both but I’m going to share it anyways to make you two feel jealous. Luhan and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary last two weeks. We spent our third anniversary looking at our wedding video while eating the food that Luhan had cooked. We did our best to celebrate our wedding anniversary in creative ways to show one another how much we care. Celebrating our anniversary together shows the world that love and marriage still go hand in hand; it nourishes the love within us as time passes by.

 

And as any of you who are wondering, yes, we’re just as much in love as we were dating five years ago. I love Luhan so much and I thank him for loving me back endlessly. I thank God for giving me two children and Luhan. Every day I realize how blessed and happy I am by this ordinary yet blissful life we have.

 

Mom and Dad, I miss you both. Thank you for letting me marry Luhan when I stayed in New York. Thank you for supporting me endlessly. I owe you a lot.

I really hope you can visit here in Beijing soon. I’ll see to it you will enjoy your vacation here. Haru said she is excited to see you here too. She is now sitting beside me and Luhan, smiling widely.

 

Advance Merry Christmas! We love you Mom and Dad.

                                                                                                                                                                Love lots,

                                                                                                                                                                Minseok

 

                                                                                                                                                            

 

******

A/N: To be honest domestic xiuhan fanfics are the best thing in this cruel world. Wishing everyone to be happy this holiday season. (^o^) ✱ ✲ ✳ ✴

Sequel -> Theory of Happiness