Fan Mail

그냥 오늘 밤 (Just tonight)

Jackson stormed out of the practice room. Sometimes, he's just tired of everything. He was so sad that his parents had to leave,  but he knew he'd be too selfish if he kept them longer. Them coming to see him was a good gift enough.

And he's not angry that they have to go to a lot of schedules. He's thankful for that.

But when JB gets like that...

He sat on one room where he always go to when he needed time to think. Soon, he found boxes that were labeled with names of some JYP artists. He looked for his and opened it. The boxes were the newest fanmail they got. He randomly picked one and found a Christmas card. Soon he was feeling better. 

He loved reading the letters from their fans. It makes his efforts worthwhile.

Soon, he picked another one and read,

Hi Jackson!

Just a big fan here, saying hello, and telling you never to give up because I'll always be here!

I may never get another chance to write you another letter so I'm just gonna tell you everything I wanted to tell you. At least I hope I can say everything.

I see you  are a very loving person and I am so envious of the people around you accepting all those hugs from you. I like that you get angry easily but never hold grudges on anyone.

It must be hard giving up one dream for another, because of the uncertainty of it and you've never tried it before, but you came out strong and one of the best in what you do!

You always give it your all. Whether it be gymnastics, fencing, dancing, martial arts tricking, rapping, singing and even just being who you are, and that's why you excel in everything you do. As I watched you in Roommate, I knew so much about you and I loved you more.

You're not short, Jackson. You're one of the tallest person I know! It's because you never look down on people, look over their shoulder and say you're the better person. You might be the bluff-king but that was all bluffs, because I know you're that loving person who cares genuinely for people.

But I fell in love with you more when I saw that episode in Roommate when you prayed before you eat, even when everybody staarted eating already. You took that time to have a moment with God to thank him of the blessings you received and you weren't ashamed to show it. I was so moved and so blessed by it.

And whenJYP brought your parents for Christmas, you cried. I did too, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

You have the power to move people Jackson, and if you ever think of giving up, those looking on you will give up, too, so don't you ever dare.

All that in one letter. A blessed Christmas and bountiful New Year!

-lovelots, ____

 

He turned the paper over to see where the fanletter was from, but as usual, there was no address. Jackson groaned, his heart was pounding fast. Who could this fan be?

He needed to see her.

 

*********************

 

Jackson and Kangjoon were having their late night talks again. Or mornings, whatever. It was 3AM and they'd been talking about dramas.

"I'd want to do a movie someday," Jackson said.

"What role?"

 "Why are you even asking? I want to be a badass."

Kangjoon laughed at his dongsaeng. Jackson is so cute.

"What about horror?"

Jackson gave him a look, and Kangjoon laughed again.

"Or thriller..."

"Hyung, if you were the scriptwriter what plot would you want me, like what character would I be? Eo?"

"There's a serial killer...and you're the hero, a badass, as you want it..." Kangjoon almost laughed again seeing Jackson's puppy eyes and expectant smile. "The killer kills his victims by putting them in a glass coffin full of all kinds of insects."

"Mwoya?!"

"Cockroaches...worms...all kinds of them..."

Jackson covered Kangjoon's mouth.

"Keumanhae!"

"Ya! You said you wanted to be the badass you should act like you're not afraid!"

"You won't make it as a scriptwriter or a director."

Kangjoon laughed. Jackson was wrestling him too much so he decided to change the subject. "You went to the Philippines, right? How was that?"

"It was fun...we met a lot of foreign fans.Speaking of foreign fans. "Hyung, I got this fan letter, I think someone left it at JYP's front desk.. do you think there's any way I can look for her?"

"How do you know it's a girl?"

Jackson gave him another look, and Kangjoon laughed again.

"There's a name." Jackson suddenly rummaged at his bag. "I think I brought it here."

He took out his wallet and showed Kangjoon a letter folded up to fit his wallet.

"Don't crumple it, hyung."

"It's already crumpled!"

Jackson laughed. "I think I read that too many times."

Kangjoon looked at it. It was a good thing he knew English since he studied overseas for some time.

"Wow, this is long," he complained.

Jackson laughed again. "I like it."

"You don't say."

After reading it, Kangjoon turned it over as Jackson had. "No return address?"

Someone knocked on the door.

"Joon-hyung!" Jackson said.

"Mogeuro nagaja. Let's eat out," he said to the dongsaengs, who were quick to their feet at the sound of food.

"What's that?" Joon took the letter from Jackson's hand. "Oh! A fan letter!" He began to read as Kangjoon made a quick trip to the bathroom.

"Eohttae, hyung?What do you think?

"Wow."

Jackson somehow felt proud of his fan that gave him that letter to get that reaction from g.o.d's Joon.

"This is so true, Jackson. Who is she?" Joon flipped the paper over, too. "You should write her back!"

"I know! But I don't know where to find her! Can you help me, hyung?"

Kangjoon came out and they made their way to a nearby diner that would be open at that hour.

"Where did you get it?"

"I found it at the company, in those boxes."

"Maybe they were mailed or left at the front desk."

"Do you think there's any way they're gonna give me the CCTV feeds, hyung?"

"You? I'm not sure," Joon was thinking.

"That's why I'm asking you! You can get it! Hyung, please."

"I'll see what I can do, Jackson."

~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Jackson met his Sunbae in the house for Roommate.

"This is for this week, these are from last week." Joon gave Jackson some of the CD's. "Igeo neomu manhineunde! This is a lot! Do you plan to watch them all? Jinjja?"

"But it's a start right?"

"I don't know, man."

"Thanks a lot, hyung."

Joon bade him goodbye and soon, Jackson had to leave for a schedule.

"You've been staring at that all day," Mark said, noticing Jackson rereading a letter.

"I wanna find out who gave it to me."

Mark snatched it fom him and read. Soon he gave it back. "She said it all, haha."

"She did, didn't she?" Jackson sighed.

"Wish I'd get something like that, too."

Jackson put his body on top of his hyung in a wrestling kind of way. "You have a lot of fans, you're just not me. Haha!"

"Aah!" Mark protested, pretending to choke him. "Nwa." Let go.

He let go of him.

"I want to find her, hyung."

Mark was already opening his iPad, logging in to instagram. They took a selca and immediately uploaded it.

"Hyung!"

Mark swore he could see a lightbulb shone on Jackson as he thought of something.

"What if she's following me on twitter?"

"Twitter eobseo." You don't have a twitter account.

"I mean instagram."

They logged out Mark's account and logged in Jackson's. Soon they were huddled looking for Jackson's followers. Mark remembered something and shot Jackson a look.

"Do you know what she looks like? Or her username?"

"Aniyo."

Mark handed Jackson his iPad and started to leave. "Goodluck, man."

Mark went to have his hair fixed.

"Hyung!"

Hopeless, Jackson looked at the iPad again.

"Should I just follow everyone?" he thought out loud.

 

 

**********************

 

Jackson was getting more and more impatient. He had been looking at the screen for almost two hours now and he didn't see anyone hand the clerk a fanletter that looked like the one he'd been holding.

He was almost unconscious when he saw two girls came into frame and left something at the front desk and bowed then left. He had to slow the video down because he fast forwarded it.

It was her! She gave the letter to the clerk noona just as they were putting the stuff in a box. But he can't see clearly. He frantically looked for his glasses and went to play it back. He'd never seen her before and the CCTV was in black and white and with poor quality that he screamed in frustration, waking up a sleeping Mark.

He decided to do what he was doing in the living room. JB was there, playing with his cat, Nora. He saw Jackson and almost laughed. Jackson usually sleep early when they're in the dorm.

"Mwohae?What are you doing? <--JB

"Just looking at the CCTV feeds, hyungChajasseo! I found her! Keunde neomu blurred itjanhaBut the picture is so blurry. Amugeotdo anboyo. I can't see anything."

"Pyeonji deo?The letter again?"

Jackson had been obsessing about one fanletter for over a week now. JB looked over Jackson's shoulder to see what he was working on.

"What about your instagram?"

"Username mollaneunde. I didn't know what her username is! Mark-hyung dobji anhaedoMark wouldn't help me either."

"What about the name on the letter? It should be related to it. Something similar."

Jackson looked at JB as if his hyung had just found the way to the Fountain of Youth. They both grabbed JB's phone and logged in Jackson's account. They found one with the same name following Jackson's instagram. The two members hugged and laughed as if they just won the lottery.

"Thanks, man! I could kiss you right now!"

Jackson pulled JB's face and attempted to kiss him but JB ulled his face away.

"Ya! Imma!"
 
"Hanboman. Just one, hyung, please."

"Hajima!"

Their manager got out of his room to tell them to sleep. They had schedules early the next day. Jackson was to restless to sleep though. He found her. He will find her and it won't be long now.

"You're extra chirpy today," Mark noticed as they made for the salon to have their makeup done.

"I found her, hyung," Jackson told him, putting his arm around Mark's shoulder. "I followed her back on instagram."

Mark looked unconvinced though. "Keurae? That's all you got?"

"What do you mean?"

"Now that you found her, you gotta write her back," Mark said, facing the mirror and fixing his hair some more. "You gotta thank her, at least."

 


**********


Hundreds of miles away, in a different country, a girl squealed after checking her Instagram account. She was in a class, waiting for their professor to come. Jackson had followed her back. She almost died on the spot.

"What is it?" her friend looked over her shoulder at her phone. She saw the notification and she squealed, too. "Oh my god, is that really Jackson Wang?"

She took a screenshot and posted it right away. She hoped he got her letter. She didn't think she could ever go back to Korea again.

Later that day, she checked her phone again. There was adirect message alert on her IG, and she checked it out. She stared at it, in shock, not being able to believe her eyes. It was a picture of Jackson Wang, holding out a familiar letter and taking a selca. There was a caption, too.

 

Did u write this? Komawo ^_^ i love u too!

 

 

 

 

[A/N: I know, I started this as a chaptered fic, but I didn't know how to go on from this, and I was afraid adding anything to this ending will ruin the story so I'll just make it a one shot... Mianhaeyo.. Thanks for reading it!

And I'm actually doing a chapter non-fiction titled Read, Write and Talk in Korean | Korean Lessons which aims to help non-Korean people like me, learn the language. So, , if you're interested, come and visit it by clicking HERE

Here also is a list of my works, if ever you got the free time to read more:)

손이 가 (Take My Hand) - starring Mark and an OC | dormlife | idollife | status: completed
Stay (넌 그대로 있어도 돼) Take My Hand Book 2 - sequel
Guardians Of Lemorian (EXO fanfic)starring EXO12, OCs and other celebs|schoollife | fantasy |exo w/ supernatural powers
Tonight (이 밤)Song Minho, OC, the rest of Winner, and YG artists |idollife|romance
She's A MonsterJB and an OC (connecting fic to Take My Hand)
달빛 (Moonlight) - Junior(GOT7) and OC | idol life | school life
Into Your World (너의 세상으로) - Chanyeol, OC and the rest of EXO12

I actually realized I write the same genres when I listed it down like this. But I hope you would try reading one. ^___^ I'll be writing another Jackson fic, soon, maybe a JackJi chaptered fic, but I'll finish some of the fics I started first. Kidae haejuseyo...

jigeum kkaji, pawlinne17! manhi kamsahamnida!]