Chapter 1

Epiphany

She was a being, a being which represented innocence and purity. She had shoulder-length brown hair, beautiful brown eyes. Her milky-white skin seemed to shimmer under the sun. Luhan was drawn to her. And he was pleasantly surprised to see her sitting two rows ahead of him in the lecture theatre.

As the lecturer droned on and on about the god-knows-what topic, a soft voice interrupted his speech.

"E-excuse me?"

Luhan looked up and saw a raised hand. It was her. 

"Yes? And..you are??" the lecturer questioned, looking at her through his glasses which were lying dangerously near the tip of his nose. He shifted them a little.

"I am Oh Youngri, I just wanted to ask you about......", she replied.

Oh Youngri, what a beautiful name.

Luhan was deep in thoughts, thinking about Youngri. Was she like on of them? Those mockingbirds

"Such a goody-two-shoes, asking questions in class. Tsk, lame." he heard muttering which came from the students sitting right behind him. Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, what's wrong with asking questions in class? 

He was thoroughly annoyed. As Youngri continued asking the lecturer questions, Luhan eyed her from his seat. She had a soft voice, that of an angel's. She looked perfect, not the plastic-surgery-and-makeup perfect but the natural kind, but there was something to her that seemed different. There was a tinge of sadness to her perfectness, something so unnoticeable. It was weird

He was intrigued by this girl, and he was desperate to find out more.

 


 

"Hello!" Luhan turned his head when he heard someone called out.

"Uh yes? Do I know you?" Luhan questioned. 

"Nope. I'm Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you!" he chirped. uhh okay, hes one big weirdo.

"I'm Luhan."

The tall boy continued talking to Luhan as they walked along the corridor, towards the cafeteria. Chanyeol was tall, he had brown hair and big elfish ears. He was overly enthusiastic about everything and he was unbelievably childish.

"Luhan are you listening?" Chanyeol asked.

"Sorry, what?"

"I asked you if you've met Youngri, you know, the really pretty girl in our class?"

"Yeah, I've seen her."

"I heard some girls saying that she's super rich and she went for many plastic surgeries just to look this good." Chanyeol shook his head. Luhan just shrugged his shoulders.

At the cafeteria, Chanyeol introduced him to his group of friends. They muttered a couple of 'hey's and introduced themselves briefly. Luhan didn't find them too bad, they weren't fake or anything. It was interesting to meet them, they had contrasting personalities and yet they were able to get along well. Looks like university life wasn't that bad afterall.

At the cafeteria, the noise level was annoyingly high. Luhan hated too much noise, but he could live with it. At the table, the only ones making noise was Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They were jokers, the loudest and the funniest amongst them. They bickered alot too, if only they weren't of the same gender, you would think they were dating. The others just kept quiet, occasionally joining in. He learnt quite alot about them.

Chanyeol, the first guy he met was sometimes insenstive and tells jokes at the wrong moment. He was a really happy and positive guy, the happy virus in the group, wherever he went, there would be a smile plastered on his face.

Baekhyun, he was a guy who made tons of jokes, also a troublemaker in the group. He loved to tease people and would never fail to cheer everyone up.

Tao, he had huge dark eye circles around his eyes. He was tall and thin, and used to do wushu. He looked fierce though, seemingly intimidating. Judge not, though. He was a wimp, a teenage girl soul in the body of a fierce-looking man.

Sehun, he was tall like Tao, he had blonde hair and he had his poker face on most of the time. He smiled rarely, but when he did, it caught a lot of girls' attention.

Kyungsoo, he had a small frame, like Luhan. He had big round eyes which looked like it belonged to an owl's. He was someone who rarely joked around, and he hated being pranked. 

There were a few others though, but there is no need for any more introduction, you'll find out about them later on.

 


 

 

"We're going out tonight? You coming?" Sehun asked.

They lived in the university dorms, and Sehun wasn't supposed to be rooming with him. It happened that they didn't like their roommates so they switched. It was good this way, Sehun wasn't a very talkative person and Luhan liked it that way. They had just finished unpacking their bags and Luhan laid down on his bed.

"Where? I'm kinda tired." 

"Clubbing, its at a pub near the campus. It'll be fun", Sehun encouraged. Luhan nodded. Don't get him wrong. He really hated noise, it was such a nuisance. But the pub, its different, Luhan loved to go clubbing, it allowed him to let go of his worries and enjoy for a night, even if it was with people who pretended to be someone else. It was an exception.

They met with the others at the pub and headed in.

5 of them gathered at an empty table and ordered their drinks. Luhan hurriedly gulped down the beer in his cup, wanting to get that little bit of high before heading to the dancefloor. From the corner of his eyes, he thought he saw somebody familiar. He turned his head towards that direction.

"Youngri? That can't be her right? I must be drunk", he thought to himself as he continued drinking his beer. But I just started drinking.

He looked again. She wasn't there anymore. Luhan excused himself from the rest and walked towards the direction where he previously thought he saw Youngri at. Scanning his eyes through the crowd, he tried to spot Youngri, who wasn't very tall herself. It was a challenge as Luhan who was a little vertically challenge compared to the other guys.

Maybe she went to the toilet.

Unknowingly, his feet started moving on its own and he found himself at the corridor where the toilets were at. Aish, what am I thinking?! If she's in the toilet, then why am I looking for her.

As he was about to leave, he heard some noises.

"H-harder, ahh" a soft voice like Youngri's called out. Eyes turning wide, Luhan moved silently towards the male toilet. The groaning voices continued for awhile until it became completely silent. Luhan panicked a little, then decided to pretend he was waiting for somebody.

Youngri came out from the male toilet. Surprised to see Luhan, she let out a hushed Oh! Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink and she brisk-walked her way back into the dancefloor. He looked at her distancing silhouette in disbelief. To think she was different from the rest.

 

 

- Youngri's P.O.V - 

 

Misu was drinking too much again and now she's gone off with another guy. And me, I'm clad in a horribly revealing mini dress which barely covered my . My thighs were showing and I can feel the eyes of those erted men in the pub. 

Misu walked into the males toilet with the man whom I didn't know. THE BOYS TOILET FOR GOODNESS SAKE! I hesitated for a little while before having the courage to walk in there and find her. As I walked in, I kept my head on the floor because I had no intention to see the private parts of guys. Like, ew. I heard some noises in the last cubicle and gently pushed the door open. 

"MISU! Seriously I'm going to go home and if you're not coming with me then you can sleep on the streets tonight!" I covered my eyes while I chided Misu. I just saw the most disgusting of my life, ohgod ohgod. I feel like I need to pour detergent into my eyes and wash them out. My cheeks were flushed red and I couldn't have been more embarassed.

"Okay, okay, I'll just put on my clothes and then we'll leave. Just, wait for me outside or something", she replied after a loud moan.

"You better."

I walked out of the male toilets and saw a guy standing outside. Great, how much more embarassing can this get. I fastened my pace, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. I pushed the door open and finally got out of that hellhole. Ahh, fresh air.

 

 

Luhan's P.O.V

I couldn't believe what I just saw. To think she looked like an angel. She was terrible, like those girls who only know how to put on makeup and sway their hips in the hallways, she was worse. She ed guys. How disgraceful.

I decided to head back to the table in case Sehun and the rest became suspicious.

I scoffed in disbelief, thinking about the happenings.

"Hey, what's wrong? Your girlfriend cheated on you?" Baekhyun teased.

"Nothing, just totally misjudged someone" 

"Who?!" I looked up to find 4 pairs of eyes fixed on me.

"Uhh, you know the girl, Youngri?" I meekly replied.

"Oh Youngri? You mean her? She's a goddess, like, really" Baekhyun said dreamily. I let out a cold laugh.

"Seriously? I just heard her and some guy having in the male bathroom earlier"

"WHAT?! OHNO WHY!" Baekhyun cried out, obviously disheartened by this newfound secret.

"Knew it, the rumours were real. She isn't such an angel afterall", Chanyeol smirked.

"Maybe it isn't true. Or maybe she's really nice. We can't judge her like that" Kyungsoo joined in. I looked at Sehun and he merely shrugged.

 

 

Author's P.O.V

After Luhan left, Misu came out of the men's bathroom. Luhan was greatly mistakened, but he didn't know, not yet.

Misu exited the pub and joined Youngri outside, taking in a few breaths of fresh, cool air before catching a taxi back to the dormitory.

The doors of the pub suddenly opened, out came Luhan and his friends. 

"Hey look, those guys are hot, they're from the same university as us, you know", Misu whispered and tilted her head. Youngri turned around and coincidentally, the guys saw her. They gave her weird looks, like they were disappointed, or even more, disgusted by her. 

 

 

 


A/N WOAH I have never written a chapter so long before but I guess its worth a try. How do you like it?? Do Comment, Suscribe and Upvote this fanfic if you like it! XOXO YeolKyungPinkfinite