Seeing You

Stepping Into Your Life

 

Sehun was walking to school as usual, every thirty minutes was his noraml time before the bell rings. He was walking with his earphones in his ears with a color blue wire sticking out from the tip of his phone to his earpiece. He enjoys walking early in the morning without the need to rush. He likes to take it slow and worries nothing. 

 

He was coming down from a hill as he looks at the streets surrounding the place. It always makes him smile as he imagines that he is in a somesort of korean music video like he regularly sees on his tv. The leaves were all falling down as it was in the middle of spring. Everything was on a dark shade of orange and the wind that flow by him that tickles his hair, never fails to make him laugh. Everything is just as Sehun wanted it to be.

 

 


 

As soon as he steps into the school's gate with him greeting the school guard, girls were already squeeling as he sees them from afar. The sight of the school's youngest ulzzang has finally arrived. He hated everything in the morning as soon as he enters school. He admits that sometimes it annoys him to the fact that he sees them always everyday and it makes it pisses him but, he needed to be a good role model for them since he is the top of his class, handsome, and definetly not a snob which they like about him.

 

Sehun entered the gate without caring to the world when he raised the volume of his phone to the maximum point. The girls were starting to block his view, he hanged his head low as he continued to walk. Sehun wasn't the guy who was desperate of having attention and the girl's find him even more amazing for being like that and gives them tons more reason to fall for the guy.

 

He stops on his track as to wait for them to calm down and make way for him to pass but, it didn't turned out like that all this day. They were screaming and he didn't knew why they started doing that. Did he do something for them to be this way? Well, he didn't like it. Even though he was using his earphones, he can practically hear them and it hurts his ear drums. Slowly, a small pathway was kind of clear for him to walk by. And he saw a figure slowly coming to where he is, pushing away some girls harshly.

 

"Okay, move aside. Move aside, now." as he slaps some girls in view for him to pass.

"Maknae!" as a guy raised his hand for him to see in the crowd.

 

Sehun looked up and removed his earphones as the voice was clear to who it was. It was his hyungs. His favorite of all guys here in this school. By the sight of this, he smiled and girls started even more shouting than before which he covered his ears immediately.

 

"Yah! He just smiled!" as Baekhyun said as he was trying to get through the crowd but, can't.

"Shoo! Shoo!" as Kyungsoo followed him and slapped some girls in the process, like dirty flies.

 

He knew he couldn't escape this time. He tried to reach out for them but, could not. They were just too far yet close enough to actually hold and get a grip on.

 

"Hyung," he said

 

The girls started squeeling even more for hearing his small yet cute voice. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he still tried to get through him.

 

"Maknae! Get away from there!" as Jongin shouted when they all failed to enter the somesort barrier that the girls created that was surrounding him and Baekhyun fell to the ground with his layed flat on the ground.

 

Baekhyun was helped by Chanyeol as he finally stood up properly, dusting his pants off.

 

"Animals, like sheesh." Baekhyun said

"Yah!" as Chanyeol shouted with his deep voice but, everyone ignored him.

 

He held his voice for awhile and started letting out his chest. As he was counting from five to one,  he was ready to do something stupid.

 

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun looked at him weirdly.

 

Three.. Two.. One.. It's now or never.

 

"YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" he shouted.

 

He succeeded as he finally got everyone's attention on him, he smiled proudly at himself. Everyone was currently focusing at him including a teacher who just got out of her car. She was shocked as to why a student would suddenly shout that loud. Everyone starts running, hiding, to escape getting detention after school. Chanyeol frowned as he realized what he did, which is wrong but, at some point good as he may say to himself. Baekhyun nudged him by the ribs.

 

"Was that really necessary, Yeollie?"

"No one was listening to me.." he pouted.

"Still, you shouldn't have done that. That was disrespectful." Suho said.

 

Sehun approached them as he was smiling at them.

 

"Thanks, hyung."as Sehun gave him a warm smile and patted his back, telling him that it was okay and he was actually happy that he did that for him. Chanyeol returned the warm smile to a derp looking grin.

"Such a cute maknae we have! Hazza!" as Chanyeol hugged him by the neck and ruffles his hair.

"Yah! Hyung! Not the hair!" as Sehun pouted.

"So, sassy." Jongin said.

 

Sehun arranged his hair again up until it was the same as before. He did a lot of effort to make it that good for the morning. He turned to Jongin and gave him his signature glare and rolled his eyes. Jongin rolled his eyes aswell with the childishnes his friend has.

 

"Let's go. Before that teacher starts asking us some questions." as Suho made a run for the entrance hall.

 

All of them were stuck at the moment. They couldn't believe that their leader just left them hanging. They looked at each other and started to run as well.

 

"How selfish, Suho." Baekhyun said as he ran.

"Yah! Some hyung you are!" as Chanyeol ran after them and followed by the others

 

 


 

Inside the car, Luhan was looking at the same old trees he usually sees when on his way to school. He was always been droved by his mom as he was terrified of her. He just plainly looks at the trees, nothing special to him. When they have arrived to school, he once arranged his backpack, making sure that he didn't leave anything important behind. He heard people screaming from outside the car, as he turned, he can see that the pathway was blocked with lots of people. He lowered his car-window slowly and finally got a view of who is was that was making a fuss early in the morning. He saw the group where the youngest ulzzang is with at. By his insticts, he saw Sehun; since he was the only blonde of the group. Luhan studied him from his seat as he can tell that Sehun was having a hard time in the crowd, especially since he was at the center.

 

This happens almost everyday now. There's no denying his popularity at school. Every girl- no, everyone just likes him. Naturally, with a face like that who couldn't? He's just gifted in every way possible. He was just suprised where they still haven't started touching him or grabbing anything that is Sehun-related. Maybe because by just seeing him that close, they can't afford to. Sehun just shines too much. He still remembered the time where they officially made a conversation to each other back then. Where Luhan can't reach a book at the highest part of the shelf in the library and Sehun helped him. The step ladder was broken that time so, he needed to do something to get that book or else having low grades and dealing with an angry beast mode mother at home is just too dangerous. He doesn't remember if it was Sehun but, the only thing he knew that the guy was blonde. And Sehun happens to be the only blonde kid at their school. It was prohibited to have colored hair but, Sehun was an exception (to all the staff that adored and admired him and let him keep his color), it was natural anyway.

 

Luhan was really stupid for falling for a guy who just helped him in the library and to think it was a guy he was falling for now. He never did lied to himself that guys sometimes attract him but, he wasn't definitely gay where he would imagine himself wearing dresses, make up's and girly stuff. The idea shivers him. He started liking him during that library scene they once had. He wanted to shake off the idea of liking someone who is has the same gender as him but, he admitted that he loves him and it was just impossible to think that they could be together.

 

Since he thinks he's gay and Sehun is hundred percent straight and a handsome creation from God, the chances of them to even be together is up to zero percent. It was just impossible but, Luhan wishes that at least there will be a small chance that it will all be true someday. Being with him, hugging him, walking with him with their hands intertwined, laughing, smiling, kissing- he just want everything Sehun. He smiled of the thought.

 

"Luhan, honey." his mom called.

"Yes?" as he shifts his attention to her.

"Let's go. You don't want to be late, right? The first in his class can't afford to be tardy, you know." his mom laughs.

 

He quickly closed the window. As soon as he got out of the car, he sees that Sehun and his group is running back to the entrance hall. He pouts and swang his backpack to his shoulder and waved his mom goodbye.

 

 


 

It was lunch time where Luhan skipped a 'lunch date' with his bestfriend Yixing who argued but, agreed anyway to study at the library instead. Luhan doesn't usually study at the library since he thinks it's boring but, he always stays at the place where Sehun helped him. Reminiscing the time he had accidentally holded his hand. There was a spark to it, starting from his fingers to his heart. Luhan smiled at the memory and stands up getting ready to leave. He dusted his pants and returned the book he had read. When he went to the attendance sheet in the library's counter, he was about to sign his name out when he saw a familar name written on it before his.

 

Oh Sehun, 2nd year, 12:35PM

 

He gasped at his watch, he covered his mouth with his hand at look at it horrifyingly. Sehun was here two minutes ago.  Sehun. In the library.. Alone! and Luhan was busy smiling like an idiot all alone awhile ago.

 

 


 

"What are you so sad about?" Yixing said as he and Luhan was walking towards the exit gate.

 

Luhan keeps on pouting the whole time ever since him and his bestfriend, Yixing met awhile ago. He keeps his head low and kicks a few rocks on the road if he sees one.

 

"Oh nothing.." he said in a low, dissapointed voice.

 

 Yixing looked at him and focuses on his actions. Luhan was off. His bestfriend wasn't in the mood.

 

"Doesn't sound like nothing." he said looking away. Luhan sighed and stood up straight, still pouting. Yixing look at him and shook his head.

"Okay, I was at the library and I saw his name in the attendance sheet. He was there alone for two minutes just when I was about to leave. And.. I didn't saw him.." his voice slowly fading away.

"Didn't you saw him this morning?" Yixing turned to him.

"Yeah but, that's so far from today. I usually see him about two to four times a day.." as Luhan kicked a rock forward.

 

Yixing laughed at how childish his friend can be and Luhan looks at him for laughing all of a sudden and judged him.

 

"You're counting, Luhan?" he chuckled.

"It's not funny." as Luhan said in a deep voice.

 

Yixing gulped and cough a little. A serious Luhan is a scary Luhan (for Yixing's language).

 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry but, you really think Sehun, the ulzzang will like Xi Luhan?" as Yixing tried to smile for his friend but, didn't respond

 

 


 

They both crossed the road to find Luhan wanting to buy a fishroll in the near streets next to their school. Sehun and the rest laughed all they want as Suho fell to the ground when he tried the dance part to SISTAR's 'Touch My Body" which he fail misserably and no one helped him get back off. He was blushing red of the embarrassment he felt when they exited the gates.

 

"It's not funny, guys. Quit it!" he shouted.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were laughing like monkeys as they keep slapping each other and laughs more if they see Suho's face. Definetly best buds forever.

 

"And the chorus part isn't funny enough," Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol tried to hold in his laughter but, Baekhyun tried to copy Suho's moves when he fell and he bursted out laughing louder than he did.

 

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Chanyeol laughed with tears visible in his eyes.

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo stayed quiet as they thought that the joke was too much and it wan't that funny anymore. They stayed at the back of the two idiots in front of them who were busy laughing like mad people. Sehun was scrolling down on his phone on which song to play next. As he was arranging his earphones, he spotted across the street a honey browned hair guy happily eating fishrolls. He stopped what he was doing and took the moment to look at the view in front of him.

 

It's been a long time since I haven't seen him..

 

Luhan was busy talking to the owner of the fishrolls and smiles at his mistakes of putting the wrong sauce in order. 

 

That smile.. I like that.

 

"Want to get some fishrolls?" Jongin said interrupting his moment.

 

He was busy smiling awhile ago and it was just wasted by his certain friend. Sehun glared at him.

 

"What?" Jongin mouted.

 

"Hyung, I'm going home first." as Sehun said not wanting for a response from the others, he left.

 

He walked to the road but, stopped midway. He thinks for a moment and walked the other way, opposite from Luhan's spot.

 

 


 

Luhan was busy putting spices on his fishrolls and bought a lot of take outs, with his mouth full of fishrolls- which he enjoyed.

 

"Luhan!" Yixing shouted suddenly and his friend choked on his half-swallowed food stuck on his throat.

 

Good thing the lady gave him some refreshments and bowed, saying thank you.

 

"What?" as Luhan keeps on coughing.

"If you weren't so clueless loving fishrolls, you could have regretted the time Sehun was about to approach you." he said.

 

Luhan sputtered out the bottle of water he was drinking and cough even more. The lady soothed his back saying that it's okay. He smiled and breathe normally.

 

"What? Sehun was about to approach me?" Luhan repeated.

"Yeah, freakin' Oh Sehun!" Yixing shouted.

 

They didn't know that Sehun's friends was on the other side of the road who turned their heads towards his direction. Luhan spotted Sehun's group across the street and paid the lady and bowed. He grabbed his friends arms and drag him away from the school.

 

"Aren't you going to ask me why? Or how?" Yixing said still under Luhan's crushing hold as they were walking.

"No, but don't shout his name when you know his freinds are there. They could have known!"

"I though you want Sehun to know since you even want to date him." Yixing said a-matter-of-factly.

 

Luhan turned at looked at him. Yixing was looking at him with straight eyes.

 

"You're just saying that because you like Suho." Luhan said and that shut Yixing's mouth.

"S-so.We're talking about Sehun here not.. Suho." as Yixing looked away and bit his lower lip.

 

Luhan noticed the dissapointment tone in his bestfriends voice and gently let's go of him.

 

"Finally!" as Yixing massages his hand.

"Tch, you are the best actor ever." as Luhan rolled his eye and proceeded to walk again.

 

Yixing followed him at the back.

 

"Hey, Luhan! Aren't you going to ask why Sehun almost approached you?"

"Don't assume things, Yixing." he said in a harsh tone.

 

Yixing backed away a little with his mouth hanging open. He quickly closed it and ran after Luhan.

 

"Luhan, I saw it with my own eyes! He even smiled!" Yixing emphasized as he gesture his face with a goofy smile.

 

Luhan stopped walking for a second and looked at his bestfriend and shakes his head in dissaproval.

 

"What?"

"You're being dillusional." as Luhan continued to walk.

"Am I? Okay, I'll just talk. It's okay if you won't talk back but I just want to -"

 

Luhan stopped walking and Yixing even bumped his back. Yixing looked horrified as Luhan was looking at him, glaring. He hates this side of him. The scary phase.

 

"To what? To raise my chances that he will fall for me? That he'll someday confessed and muttered an 'I love you, Luhan'? Is that it? Because I think it's never happening. And it makes me more depress since it won't happen.." he said sadly.

 

Yixing bit hi lip and patted his back. He gripped his houlder and forced Luhan to look at him.

 

"Just listen, okay?"

 

Luhan let out a sigh and took five seconds for him to talk back.

 

"I don't even know why I'm listening to you but, go on. Let's see this he's-about-to-approach-me scene." as Luhan folded his arms to his chest

 

Yixing lets go of his shoulders and smiled.

 

"Okay, so you were buying fishrolls -"

"Get to the point!" Luhan hissed.

"I will! Then I saw Sehun and his friends walking out the exit gate then Sehun looked around and saw you. He smiled. You should be proud." Yixing explained.

"I'm so lucky. Really, I am." he snobs.

"He looked like he was about to approach you but, he stopped walking and turned around. Walking home, the opposite way from you.." Yixing said

 

Luhan raised his eyebrow. Was Yixing pretending to be sad? So, that Luhan will believe him? How pathetic.

 

"That's it? That doesn't even have any valid reason why -"

"Luhan, he was about to. It means, he wanted to approach you somehow and maybe talk to you too but, maybe he's just shy."

"Shy? Oh Sehun the ulzzang, shy?" Luhan laughed bitterly.

"Yes! Because I've heard that he still haven't been in a relationship and -"

"Correction, he has a girlfriend before." Luhan butted in.

"That was before! Can you see?"

"See what? What am I suppose to see Yixing?! That he has feelings for me? Well, if it's true then, I'm not holding back!"

"Ah-ahem," as a voice interrupted their conversation.

 

Luhan and Yixing's eyes widen and started panicking inside.

 

Oh ..

 

He slowly turned to see who it was. It was them.

 

"Hello, we heard your conversation awhile ago and we want to hear more about it. I'm Suho." as the man gave his hand out for somebody to shake but, got none. Suho frowned.

 

This is not good.. Not good at all..

 

Luhan was shaking and he really wanted to run but, his legs won't cooperate. These are the people whom he doesn't want to associate the most with and now, they are right in front of him, asking questions which he do not like to answer. And his bestfriend Yixing, was stuck in the situation and can't lend any help. There was a moment of silence.

 

"So.. you were talking about our maknae, Sehun?" Baekhyun said with a smile.

 

Same with Suho's case, neither of them got answered back.

 

"Hey, are you two okay?" as Chanyeol poked Yixing's cheeks and earned a smack from Suho's hand.

"I -" as Yixing tried to talk but, Luhan took the chance to run for himself.

 

All he wants to do right now is go home, forget that this day ever happened. He run as fast as he can till he stopped. He went back to get his bestfriend since he knows a lot of his secrets in life including secretly falling in love with Sehun. He couldn't just leave him and expose all of that at once. It's just too risky. He grabbed his friends hand and ran.

 

"Hey!" as they said not minding to run after them.

"Stay here. I'll get them." as Chanyeol folded his sleeves up.

"Wait! Stop!" as Suho stopped him when Chanyeol was about to start running.

"Why? It's not like we're going to beat them up or something." Baekhyun said.

"True, but they were shaking. The both of them. Did they do something to Sehun accidentally? They looked red-handed." Kyungsoo said.

"Who knows, but let's go. I'm tired.. and hungry." as Jongin excerted aegyo in his pout and looked at his hyung.

"No. I'm tired of always cooking for you, Mr. Dancing Machine." as Kyungsoo walked passed by him

"Hyung!" as Jongin followed after his hyung.

"Pssh, dancing machine only good in moving." Chanyeol blurted out.

"Oh? And you think being a rapper has a benefit?" Baekhyun countered attacked

"Of course. Live stages in Korea, baby." as Chanyeol winked at Baekhyun and the older responded with a snob.

 

 


 

Luhan closed all his windows shut, pulled down the curtains, locked the door and dived himself under the thick blanket on his bed. After leaving Yixing on the playground, he quickly went home. At least it was far from them following Yixing, who's willing to talk about the Sehun incident. He keeps rocking from left and right in the bed, not concerning the calls from his mother downstairs. Luhan's nightmare is coming true. Only to find out that Sehun's friends will know about his feelings but, not the younger himself. He blames himself that his voice was too loud back then and he doesn't think blaming his bestfriend will do any good too.

 

 


Hi, everyone! Was the story good? I wanted to start a new hunhan story again.. Anyway, did you find the spacing a little bit inconvenient? I'll change it if you like.. I find it clean and neat :) Anyway, tell me what you think about the story! The poster for this story will be posted soon :3

DO LEAVE COMMENTS! I HIGHLY APPRECIATE THEM :) ANY COMMENT WILL DO. DO TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE PARTS OF THE STORY, I'LL UPDATE SOON :D (maybe, tomorrow..) haha See you all soon!!

 

- Rei

XOXO