Survival (Prologue) - Part One

Castaway (NOT AN UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ 5/31/17)

Survival: Prologue:


 

One fine morning, at the pier where the cruise ship for an event is located. You can see many crew members in cruise ship, they are fixing everything for the event later on. Some are fixing the bedrooms, bathrooms, and other facilities, including all the ingredients that will be using for the said event. Some are checking the machines if there are some technical problems and whatnot. We can tell that the crew members are very busy.

 

Anyway, what was the event that made the cruise ship crew members gets busy and to top it all, why it has to be held in a ship?

 

To answer that, let’s take a look on multiple scenes that is quite connected to the said event.

 

~(Infinite♥Inspirits)~

 

In a spacious room in a hotel, there’s a figure standing in front of a mirror and as he look at himself as he fixed his necktie and suit that he is wearing.

 

The figure has a clean and neat cut, a bit spiky, jet-black hair and has a very serious and cold expression on his handsome baby face.

 

He is about to wear his expensive watch when someone knock on the door.

 

“Come in.”

 

The door open and a man in his 30’s comes inside the room. The man is also wearing a suit and his hair is also styled-up.

 

“Myungsoo.” the man calls the figure.

 

“Yes, hyung.” the figure looks at man through the mirror.

 

“The press conference will be starting in ten minutes. We need to go.” the man looks at him as he announces that they need to go.

 

Myungsoo nods his head in understanding and say, “Okay. I’ll be out in a minute.”

 

“I’ll go first then.” and the man walks out of the room.

 

Once the man is out, Myungsoo sighs as he wears his watch. He looks at himself in the mirror for a bit before walking out of the room, but not before taking his phone and the room’s key -which is on the table- with him

 

Myungsoo locks the room and gently walk towards the elevator to catch up with his manager as he puts the key and his phone in his pocket.

 

Once Myungsoo reaches the elevator, he sees his manager standing in front of the elevator, waiting.

 

Myungsoo walk up and stands beside his manager silently. His manager must have notice him as the said manager says something to Myungsoo.

 

“The CEO wants me to inform you that we will be attending an event that will be held in a cruise ship. He also told me to tell you that take this as a vacation trip for the hard work.”

 

Myungsoo wants to snort at the statement but doesn’t say anything. After all, it’s been awhile since his last vacation trip. And by that means, ever since he became a hallyu star.

 

Myungsoo opens his mouth, “What event is this? I never heard about this before.”

 

His manager rolls his eyes at this, “Of course, you don’t know about this. It was announced earlier in some news and you didn’t even bother to turn on the television.”

 

The elevator door opens and the manager first walks inside and Myungsoo snorts at his manager’s statement as he walks inside as well, “Whatever, hyung.”

 

~(Infinite♥Inspirits)~

 

In a spacious kitchen in a 5-star hotel, the chefs are busy with their job and not only that, you can see different types of cuisines and desserts that will be on their menu for the day and it will make you drool at it as they put their efforts to decorate them to attract customers and the guests staying over.

But despite being in a 5-star hotel doesn’t mean that the chefs are very cooperative with each other. You see, they have their differences and arguments over what kind of food they will be serving and of course this kind of incident happens always: having competitions and fights against each other.

 

Like right now…

 

“Just what the hell is your problem?! Just because I commented on how awful the taste is, it doesn’t mean that you have to punch me.” A black-haired chef, who is a bit tanned and muscular, growls at his fellow chef as he wipes the blood from the corner of his mouth.

 

“You’re the problem, you bastard! Just because you can cook any kind of food, doesn’t mean you have to criticize others’ work.” The said fellow chef, who has the same hair color but his skin tone is a bit fairer,  sneers at the former.

 

“You just don’t want to admit that IT IS awful, Kangin-hyung. Why don’t you just admit it?” The tanned-chef commented.

 

“What was that, Woohyun?!” Kangin growls as he grabs Woohyun by the collar, glaring at him.

 

The other chefs decides to intervene and separates the two away from each other. One of the chefs, a squishy one is standing between the two.

 

“Both of you, please stop fighting. Kangin-hyung, you should control your temper and you know how Woohyun-hyung is…” The said chef says to Kangin before he turns his head to look at Woohyun, “And Woohyun-hyung, please refrain yourself from saying things.”

 

Woohyun shrugs his shoulders to get himself out of the other chefs’ grasps as he says, “It’s not my fault if he’s has a temper.”

 

“What was that, you punk?!” Kangin scowls at Woohyun as he is still trying to struggle from their grasps.

 

“Woohyun-hyung! Please stop now, this ins-”

 

“And what is going on here?! Why are you guys not working?!”

 

All the chefs turn their heads to the owner of the voice and sees the head chef, Kim Ryeowook and the assistant chef, Nam Boohyun.

 

“Head Chef!” The other chefs bow their heads in respect as the Head Chef looks straight at Woohyun and Kangin.

 

“It seems like you two are at it again, aren’t you? I made it clear that no one argues in the kitchen. You two are professionals and as a professional, whatever conflicts you two have against one another, I rather have you two settle it outside. Did you two even understand?! Huh?” Ryeowook reprimanded both Kangin and Woohyun, who are bowing their heads but if you look closely, both are scowling and exchanging glares to one another.

 

Ryeowook sighs and glances to the assistant chef, “Chef Boohyun, please settle this matter immediately. As much as I want to settle this myself, I have been called by the manager.”

 

“Please leave it to me, Chef Ryeowook.” Boohyun smiles at Ryeowook in assurance.

 

“Thank you.” Ryeowook smiles before walking out of the kitchen.

 

Boohyun looks at all the chefs, especially at the two who cause it. He sighs as he massages the bridge of his nose.

 

“I bet you two already know what will happen, right? Nam Woohyun and Kim Youngwoon?”

 

Both chefs flinch as they are called by their full names, meaning they are in trouble.

 

In the end, they are both getting punished by cleaning and washing the dishes for a month. Although cleaning the kitchen and washing the dishes is not that harsh, it is pretty much humiliating for the two, who are professional chefs and are very prideful at that.

 

The other chefs don’t know if they should feel sympathy or feel amuse at the scene

 

But it seems like luck is on their side as the Head Chef enters the kitchen with a smile, though contrast to that is a worry in his eyes.

 

“Welcome back, Chef Ryeowook. How’s the meeting with Manager Zhang?”

 

The Head Chef only smile as his eyes gaze towards the two troublemakers, Woohyun and Kangin, who stop washing the dishes because they feel that they are being stared at.

 

Once the two troublemakers sees the Head Chef, they both bow in respect and soon the others, who notice it also did the same.

 

The Head Chef smiles before his face gets serious, “I have an announcement to make. And please, listen to whatever I say without any interruptions.”

 

Everyone in the kitchen answers in chorus, “Yes, Chef-nim!”

 

Ryeowook clears his throat before continuing, “You all know that I have a meeting with Manager Zhang earlier, right? He told me that we will be attending an event and this time, on a cruise ship. This event is a birthday celebration of the son of a multi-billionaire and they wanted us to cater for the said event.”

 

Ryeowook sees everyone in the kitchen, screaming cheerfully. He clears his throat again, making them stop screaming in joy.

 

“BUT there is a condition. Only three chefs, and eight servers are needed. Of course, Assistant Chef, Boohyun will come with you as your guide. As for the three chefs, Manager Zhang already choose who are the three that will come to the event to be their personal chefs of the event.”

 

Ryeowook sighs as he continues, “And those three will be… Nam Woohyun, Kim Youngwoon and Do Kyungsoo.”

 

Everything goes silent as every chefs in the kitchen processes the information in their brain.

 

After five seconds, the kitchen becomes chaotic. Not believing the line-up.

 

~(Infinite♥Inspirits)~

 

At the same time, there is a feminine-looking male who is in his early 20’s and is stomping his two feet towards the office of one of the famous music agencies in South Korea, Woollim Entertainment.

 

The male didn’t bother to knock on the door and just simply barges inside the office. Luckily, there is only one person inside and it is the person that he is searching for.

 

“Appa! What the hell is this?!”

 

The person looks up at the male with a stoic face but if you look closely, his eyes are filled with confusion and amusement.

 

“What are you talking about, Sungjong? I mean, I have no clue on what you are on about, unless it’s about the event that will be held on a cruise-”

 

“That is my problem, Appa! Why the hell did you even accept the invitation that is going to be on a freaking cruise ship! You know how I hate those things!”

 

The person stares at Sungjong in amusement,” You don’t want to come? Then you don’t want to see your all-time crush, L or is it Kim Myu-”

 

Sungjong glares at his father, who only smiles in amusement.

 

The father continues what he is saying before he got cut off, “Sungjong, you know that you can’t escape. I am sure that you will enjoy the trip. I mean, come on. We’re going to Hawaii, my son.”

 

“No way, Appa! I don’t want to get burnt in the freaking sun and especially not going to enjoy it with freaking strangers!” Sungjong exclaims his frustration to his father.

 

“No, Sungjong. You will come with me, whether you like it or not. It’s not like you have a choice. This is an order.” Sungjong’s father states it firmly as he looks at his son sternly.

 

Sungjong pouts at this in resignation as he turns around and stomps out of the office, leaving his father alone with said father’s secretary.

 

The secretary clears as she looks at her boss, “Sajang-nim, are you sure that we should bring Sungjong-nim along as well?”

 

The CEO just laughs at his assistant before replying, “Of course, Mijoo. It’s not like he has a choice. I mean, he will be the next in line to manage this company. He’s just trying to escape from his responsibilities. He will soon accept it, just give him time.”

 

“Nae, Lee Jungyeop-sajangnim.”

 

“Oh and by the way, please tell me my schedule for today.”

 

~(Infinite♥Inspirits)~

 

A male in his mid 20’s, is busy typing an article regarding a scandal between an actress and a male singer. He is too busy that he gets startled when a co-worker of his, is getting shouted at by the editor-in-chief.

 

“Yah! Park Chanyeol, get back here this instant!”

 

The male looks up from the screen of the computer, only to see a tall and handsome man with big (not literally big) ears, running towards his direction as the said man is running away from an angry small and a beautiful man with something on his hand.

Soon, the male is stuck in between the tall man hiding behind his back and an angry man in front of him.

 

“S-Sunggyu-hyung, help me.” The tall man pleas.

 

“Yah! Don’t be a coward, Park Chanyeol!” says the small man.

 

The male, Sunggyu sighs. Well, he always experience this scene every single time and it really gets on his nerves. He tries to be patient but he’s already at his peak.

 

Sunggyu tries to calm himself as he calmly asks the two, “What is it this time, Baekhyun-ssi and Chanyeol-ssi? The last time this happened is due to a freaking printer that got destroyed.”

 

The tall male, Chanyeol cowers behind Sunggyu as the small male, Baekhyun is glaring daggers at him, telling him to tell Sunggyu.

 

“I-I...spilled the coffee on the files t-that will be used f-for our magazine that i-is on B-Baekhyun-ssi’s t-table?” Chanyeol stutteringly answers Sunggyu’s question.

 

Sunggyu becomes silent as he is processing the information that he just hear. Chanyeol gulps in fear as he sees Sunggyu’s expression that is really scary and can’t help but run away as Baekhyun madly runs after him, leaving Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu sighs as he massages the bridge of his nose, in irritation.

 

Sunggyu is only an ordinary journalist at (insert name) magazine for wealthy and famous people. You can say that is a gossip magazine. Sunggyu has been a journalist in the agency for three years and in those years, he is able to build his reputation as the most honest journalist and is feared by many people, including his fellow journalists. Sunggyu is very well respected by his colleagues and sometimes, they run to him for some advice, but some reasons is to annoy him, like those two: Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol.

 

Sunggyu sits back down as he starts to do his work again, trying to forget what happened earlier that is caused by two nuisance he call “colleagues” of his.

 

0-0-0-0-0

 

Lunch break comes and Sunggyu is having his lunch at a cafe two minute away from his workplace.

 

He is enjoying his strawberry-flavored doughnuts and hot espresso when a pair of hands slam on the table, startling poor old Sunggyu and said man looks up to see an exhausted Editor-in chief, Byun Baekhyun, who is now panting to regain some of his breath.

 

Sunggyu raises his eyebrow in confusion as Baekhyun sits down on a chair, across to where Sunggyu is sitting.

 

Baekhyun looks at him with a serious expression as he pulls something out from his pocket. Sunggyu stares at Baekhyun in confusion as the latter places an elegant-red envelope on the table in front of Sunggyu.

 

“This is an invitation for the upcoming event. The host wants you to come and wants you to have an article about the said event. Of course, you need someone to go with you. As much as you want to work alone, I cannot let you do that.”

 

Sunggyu picks up the envelope from the table and unseals it and pulls out the card from the envelope and reads the contents of it.

 

“Why me? It is supposed to be you, Baekhyun-ssi.” Sunggyu says as he returns the card back inside the envelope.

 

“As much as I love to come, I can’t. You see what happened earlier? I need to fix those. Stupid Chanyeol for being clumsy.” Baekhyun feels annoyed, just remembering the scene earlier.

 

“Hmm… it can’t be helped then. But who am I supposed to drag along? You know how I was with people.” Sunggyu sips on his espresso.

 

“I was thinking of putting Sujeong in but she’s kind of busy at the moment.”

 

“Who?”

 

“What “who”?”

 

“You do realize that we have two Sujeong, right?”

 

“Oh yeah…” Baekhyun says as he makes a face that says “I forgot”

 

“Idiot.” Sunggyu bluntly says.

 

“I am not an idiot, hyung!” Baekhyun whines at Sunggyu for calling him an idiot.

 

“Anyway, I don’t want either of the two to come along. You do realize what happened when you assigned us three together? It’s a disaster. And I am the only who did the work. All they did was fangirling.”

 

“Well, you are quite a popular, hyung. Can’t blame them.”

 

“It’s quite disturbing, really.”

 

“Anyway, I do have someone in mind.” Baekhyun smirks and Sunggyu notice a glint, full of mischief in the Editor-in Chief’s eyes.


~(Infinite♥Inspirits)~


A/N: Hello, Inspirits~! I am now back (for a while) and here comes the Prologue~ I am in the process of typing the second part, so please be patient.

I also apologize for not able to update this due to fully-packed schedule everyday.

Also, for those who are waiting for the other two idle stories, do not worry, I am also working on them. Though it is still not sure when will I update them.

For now, enjoy reading~~

Before I forgot, thank you for the 26 subscribers and 1 upvote. I really appreciate it~!! ♥♥

Until then~

-lunaichinomiya