You Spin Me Right Round

No Quick Fix For Consciousness

 

 

             Woohyun and Sunggyu kept in contact but only by phone. Dongwoo was recently regretting his decision to buy Woohyun a new cell phone. He was on it twenty-four seven.

Sunggyu laughed quietly to himself as Myungsoo sat and played the acoustic guitar in a classical style, plucking at the strings. His playing skills extended beyond hitting riffs on the electric bass. He sighed looking annoyed and strummed roughly at the guitar trying to elicit some kind of response from his preoccupied roommate. The cat was even ignoring him these days; more than ever under Sunggyu’s feet or curled up in his lap. Myungsoo hissed at the cat as it rubbed up against his legs.

Sunggyu eyed Myungsoo from the couch. Only pausing for a moment to scold him.

“Did you just hiss at the cat?” Sunggyu got up and picked the cat up tucking it into the front of his hoodie holding it like his precious baby. “What the hell is wrong with you?” He rolled his eyes and returned to his incessant texting.

Myungsoo didn’t bother to respond he simply scoffed and pulled his headphones back up over his ears. Sunggyu’s texting was the worst because he left the keyboard sound on, loud. Tack, tack, tack, for hours on end.

Sunggyu pushed his bed up against the wall away from the center of the room to make space for everyone who would be attending the party later. His place was quite large, but better safe then sorry. He and Myungsoo set up two tables together in the kitchen for beer pong, a party necessity. No party was right without it, the frat was really lacking.

It was a very nice day, the sun was out and there wasn’t a spec of cloud in the cotton candy sky. It was perfect sweater weather and a good night for a fire. Sungyeol was the first to arrive. Myungsoo’s mood was lifted instantly and he was digging through the bags that his tall friend had brought before he could even make it through the door.

“Tell me you brought what I asked for.” Myungsoo was emptying everything out onto the counter.

And as he pulled them out one by one his eyes grew wider. Graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate. He jumped up and down squeezing the bag of marshmallows to his chest, next he attacked Sungyeol because he was the bringer of goodness. They were going to make s’mores, one of the greatest things to exist on the planet.

Sunggyu walked into the kitchen and laughed at the two who were viciously shoving marshmallows in their mouths unable to speak and looking like chipmunks storing food for the winter.

“Are you going to save any for later?” Sunggyu cracked a smile and shook his head. “Do you have sticks?”

Sungyeol stopped mid jump and leaned against the counter staring at Myungsoo, trying not to choke on his mouth full of white fluff. Myungsoo exaggeratedly pouted and stomped his feet.

“How could you forget?” Sunggyu grabbed a beer out of the refrigerator. First one of the night.

“Yeol!” Myungsoo whined.

“Don’t look at me like that. You didn’t ask for them.” Sungyeol shrugged his shoulders and continued to munch on the marshmallows in his mouth.

“Well you should have thought of it.”

“You’re the only one who wanted s’mores. Like I even care.”

Sunggyu watched as the two continued their argument over who was a bigger idiot. He figured he would let them suffer a bit before offering a suggestion. He took a seat at the table thoroughly amused as he sipped on his beer. Finally he cleared his throat gaining their attention.

“Chopsticks.” He tilted his head towards Myungsoo giving him a knowing look.

“Oh my god, you are a genius!” Myungsoo immediately ran over to the sink and opened the drawer next to it laughing like a maniac. “Thanks to my chopstick collection we will be saved. Ha!”

Sungyeol took a look inside the drawer. There was more then a years’ worth of chopsticks from Chinese take-out.

“He takes two handfuls every time we order out.” Sunggyu chuckled at the look both of them had on their faces.

Sungyeol just side eyed Myungsoo and mouthed the word ‘klepto’. Myungsoo followed suit raising an eyebrow responding with ‘pyro’ under his breath. The both laughed.

After a few minutes of bickering and elbowing from the two in the kitchen, Sungyeol had Myungsoo pinned on the floor in a head lock but they agreed to disagree that chopsticks were good enough. Well, as long as no one stuck their hand in the fire. Now having a bon fire on your roof wasn’t such a good idea but Sunggyu told himself that gravel shouldn’t set on fire and they would be fine.

Everything was set and ready to go.

It was early, way too early. He always did this, overcompensated. There were still four hours until anyone would arrive but he would rather have it ready and not have to deal with it later. Although he could have waited to set out the snacks because at this rate he was sure Sungyeol would explode from a salsa overdose at any moment. He ripped the bag out of the tall kids hands and crushed it under his arm glaring.

Sungyeol didn’t say a word and just his fingers clean leaning back on the couch. Myungsoo just laughed. The two of them were a sight. Sungyeol liked to push buttons and Sunggyu would always push back. Myungsoo just smiled and crossed his arms sitting at the opposite end of the couch. He slid his bare feet under Sungyeol’s , saying something about his feet being cold. Apparently it was not appreciated because Sungyeol pushed Myungsoo away shaking his head, but the dark haired kid was persistent and Yeol finally gave up.

They passed the rest of the time staring at the ceiling and talking about the old days when they first met, all the interesting times they had.

The sun had set and thanks to Sungyeol the fire was lit, after a gallon of gasoline and ten pounds of paper of course. Sunggyu was alone on the rooftop leaving his bandmates to welcome the crowd. Looking out over the river towards the city he could see all the lights and it made him think of the stars. The clouds were covering the sky only letting the moon shine brightly in quick flashes of white light as it casted shadows from the tall buildings and onto the river.

It was a considerably warm night being that it was November. There was a cool breeze and fresh air. Sunggyu took a deep breath, filling his lungs. It was funny that as soon as he exhaled his body called out for the toxic craving of nicotine from a cigarette. He reached for the pack in his back pocket.

“Hey.” A soft voice called out from behind him.

Sunggyu turned to see who was there. It was Woohyun; he was smiling wrapped in a big scarf and a sweater with fluffy hair and all. When Sunggyu’s lips spread into a smile it was an unconscious reaction to the sight of his friend. He touched his own lips as if unable to believe his own actions. The overwhelming urge to run over and hug him propelled him forward, but he held back to an extent not wanting to show as much of what he really felt.

“Hi.” Sunggyu finally answered as he walked closer. His hands were shoved in his pockets shoulders hunched a bit to shield himself from the wind.

 

Woohyun had woken up in a daze that morning, lost in confusion. He had a terrible dream and the only thing he could do to calm himself down in that moment was to text Sunggyu. Nothing important just a simple ‘hey’ but it was enough, because he knew he would get a response. Sunggyu always replied. In an instant his panic had settled and he was able to calmly get ready for his day.

He went on as usual doing too much in too little time. Adding to all of that he had Sunggyu on the phone. It was a small comfort knowing that there was someone within reach at all times. He did have his friends but there is only so much you can bother people with over the years.

Woohyun and Sunggyu spoke of nothing and everything, nothing personal just merely fluttering over the universal topics and all the what ifs. Woohyun enjoyed this because it helped expand his imagination and Sunggyu never failed to give him inspiration. The red haired rocker always knew the right words to say.

So when day had turned into night and days into weeks and they were finally face to face again the innate need to place a hand on Kim Sunggyu and feel him, to make sure he was real was no surprise to Woohyun, but could he really do that? Could he let himself have that kind of a moment with another human being, to create a real connection?

The newness of actually wanting to be around this person who always seemed to know just how to push him was in all rights logical, but his feelings seemed too intense. Woohyun resisted the urge to reach out and brush the fly away strands of hair from Sunggyu’s face and opted for a pat on the back instead.

“Hey buddy, how’s it hanging?” Woohyun snickered and pat Sunggyu a few times.

“I’m surprised you made it up here on your own princess.” Sunggyu laughed and stood a little closer searching for warmth.

“I just- Well, they told me you were up here, alone. I figured I’d greet the host first. The only polite thing to do, right?” Woohyun laughed to himself before reaching out to run his hands up and down Sunggyu’s arms.

Sunggyu pressed his lips together and shivered a little but not from the cold.

“Maybe I should have worn a jacket.”

“Its not that bad out, but then again your clothes are always almost non-existent. How is it possible to be completely covered and so exposed?” Woohyun picked at the front of Sunggyu’s shirt. He couldn’t help himself any longer.

Sunggyu admired Woohyun’s willingness to touch. He looked good in the glowing light of the fire. His perfect features seemed to be accentuated. He recalled Halloween and the light of the moon, it was the complete opposite of that moment. He looked down at the hand gripping at the front of his shirt and took Woohyun’s into his own.

Woohyun froze.

“Maybe we should head inside. I should be greeting my guest… it’s only right.” Sunggyu’s eyes disappeared turning into small crescents.

Woohyun slowly pulled his hand away and out of Sunggyu’s grasp. When they touched it was like fire pulsing though his veins. Not only that, but he could feel the warm presence linger on his skin. Maybe it was his anxiety acting up again, his heart was racing. Although there was no sense of impending doom, only the feeling he had was of the endless ocean. It was as if he was lost at sea drifting towards the unknown but the path before him lead to the most amazing sun setting in the distance, shades of auburn, maroon and gold. There was hope, a feeling that had been lost long ago.

 

They lingered in each others gaze for a long while before parting . After making it down the shaky fire escape and back in through the window, they rejoined the party.

“Ah, there he is!” Dongwoo called out from the other side of the room, awkwardly walking over trying to take a sip of his beer at the same time. “So there is a fire up on the roof, eh?” He slurped up another sip, making sure he did not miss a drop.

“Yeah, it’s going pretty well up there.” Sunggyu tipped his head towards the roof. “Hey where is Brianne?”

“I asked her to come but, she’s covering a shift at her mom’s place. She might show later.” Dongwoo couldn’t help but notice how close his friend was standing to Sunggyu. They were shoulder to shoulder. “Hey Woohyun, what about Soojung?”

“Why does everyone always assume that I have something to do with her?” Woohyun snapped his head up coming back to focus on the conversation at hand. “I really don’t.” he was obviously aggravated by the tone of his voice.

“Besides the fact that she has been trying to desperately get into your pants for the last three years…” Sungyeol chimed in, Myungsoo following close behind.

“Who is this Soojung person?” Myungsoo asked innocently trying to get in on the conversation.

“She was the girl in the ty cat outfit from the Halloween party.” Sungyeol  raised an eyebrow at Myungsoo.

“There were a lot of those there that night.” Myungsoo looked down at the floor and bit his lip. “How should I remember anyway, I was a little more then intoxicated, which I need to be right now…” He trailed off making his way back to the kitchen for another beer.

“A girl trying to get into your pants.” Sunggyu eyed Woohyun with a smirk. “For three years huh?”

“God, she’s nobody. Can we change the subject?” Woohyun huffed and ran a hand through his hair. “I need a drink or something.”

“She’s only the hottest girl I’ve seen.” Dongwoo choked on his drink when Woohyun elbowed him for saying that. “What?” He just smiled and shrugged. “I am allowed to look but not touch.”

“Hey Sungyeol, why don’t you take her off my hands? You practically drool every time you see her.” Woohyun snorted and walked away to grab a drink for himself.

Myungsoo slammed the refrigerator shut right as Woohyun was about to reach for his bottle of booze. He looked at Woohyun with that Cheshire grin and whispered an ‘oops’ feigning a look of concern for almost crushing his hand. Woohyun didn’t think twice about it, simply going on with his business. He got his bottle and a few shot glasses from the table. Time to get the party started.

“If she was here I’d-“ Sungyeol was in the middle of making obscene gestures when the door to the apartment opened. He stopped mid , having to pick his jaw up off the floor.

“Speak of the devil.” Dongwoo’s eyes narrowed at the scandalous brunette walking through the door.

There she was short skirt and all, followed by her entourage. She walked in first of course then the two people behind her were very unexpected, one was Lee Howon and the other was this tall lanky kid with wavy brown hair dressed like he walked out of a magazine. Strange. Behind them were the rest of her ‘girls’ all clad in just as revealing outfits.

“Hi!” Soojung jumped up and down in the kitchen. The sound of her high heels loud against the hard tile.

Woohyun nearly fell over in shock, immediately taking the shot he just poured. This was going to be a long night. What was Hoya doing here was an even bigger question to be asked.

Soojung ran right over to Woohyun not missing a beat, hugging him tightly around the waist. He held the bottle and two shots up in the air and away from her to avoid spilling but the damage was already done. There was wasted liquor all over the floor.

“Have you already been drinking?” Woohyun stared at her as she snuggled into his chest.

“Mmmaybe.” She laughed. “My little brother is driving anyway. DD! Double D. Isn’t that right Jonggie?” She pulled away from Woohyun long enough for him to make his escape.

Soojung walked right over to the tall lanky new comer and squeezed his cheeks shaking his head. The kid sighed and took a step back letting his sister fall forward a bit, completely losing her balance. He shoved his hands in his pockets and did one of those hair flips you only see in movies. The rest of the guys stopped laughing to check out the situation and boy was it a sight.

“Sorry for the intrusion. I’m Sungjong, Soojung’s brother. Just the driver, I am not taking responsibility for her actions just making sure she can get home safe.” The tall kid huffed and rolled his eyes, walking away to take a seat in the furthest corner of the room.

“Oh I like him.” Myungsoo’s interest was piqued. Maybe he could make a new friend, a friend to hate things with. And with that he was off. “Hey buddy can I get you a drink? We have water and stuff…”

Woohyun made it back to his friends in the middle of the living room relatively unscathed. The scene in the kitchen was something to see. Hoya had caught Soojung when she was about to fall over and he still had his arm around her waist whispering and mumbling things like ‘why do you do this to yourself’ and ‘why don’t we just leave’ all the while sending unforgiving glares in Sunggyu’s direction.

Woohyun could see that Hoya had something against Sunggyu, but he didn’t know why. From the looks of it Sunggyu seemed to be just as confused.

“Question…” Woohyun leaned in closer to everyone he was standing with bringing his voice down to whisper. “Who invited her?” He looked around, eyeing each of them sure one of them had to be the culprit.

Sungyeol threw his hands up in defense and Sunggyu shrugged.

“I may have accidently said something, but not to her specifically!” Dongwoo hooked his arm with Sungyeol’s and dragged him away chugging his beer.

Woohyun still had his bottle in hand and just as he was about to lift it too his lips Sunggyu pulled it from his hand taking a drink instead. Woohyun just looked at him not surprised but more offended that his bottle had been stolen. He just really needed to calm his nerves.

“So that’s her huh?” Sunggyu nodded towards Soojung who had finally calmed down and was chatting happily with her girlfriends.

“Yeah,” Woohyun looked over at Soojung who kept giving him glances from across the room. Hoya was now standing with Sungyeol and Dongwoo. He didn’t seem to be agitated any more. “Do you know Hoya?”

“Who, that guy? Isn’t he her boyfriend or something?” Sunggyu looked back and forth between the two. He didn’t want to let on that he saw the whole situation from the stage on Halloween night. Sunggyu knew that something else was going on entirely, but was it just because he was involved with Woohyun?

“No. Hoya and her… never.” Woohyun thought about it for a moment and things have been weird with them since that night. Maybe Hoya had liked her all along.

They gave up on the pointless conversation and rejoined the rest of the group. Myungsoo coerced Sungjong up onto the roof. Dongwoo watched them sneak out the window while everyone was being awkward. Hoya decided to go sulk on the fire escape glued to his phone obviously avoiding everyone else who was there. Dongwoo, Sunggyu, Woohyun and Sungyeol were having a good time now that they decided to move on to beer pong. Sunggyu and Woohyun versus, Dongwoo and Sungyeol. Soojung and her girls were Woohyun’s own personal cheerleaders, standing off to the side, screaming and jumping around every time he made it into a cup. They were more of a distraction for both sides. Woohyun was annoyed and kept missing shots and Sungyeol couldn’t focus for more then two whole seconds because there were s bouncing in his face. The game really only consisted of Dongwoo and Sunggyu who were getting thoroughly drunk.

After a while everyone was gathered in the living room again, mingling together now that they were all lubed up. The harsh feelings seemed to disappear and now everyone was friends. Except Hoya. Hoya made his way up to the roof, brooding in a corner somewhere according to Myungsoo. Also according to Myungsoo Soojung’s brother was a cool guy. He was immediately accepted into the group.  

Woohyun’s bottle was nearly empty. It wasn’t that big but enough to definitely make him feel good. He had shared it with everyone else throughout the night and he was down to the last drop. He willed his fingers to bring the bottle to his mouth but it fell to the floor instead spinning on the hardwood. Everyone stopped and stared.

“I have an idea!” Dongwoo yelled and gathered everybody around, nudging Sungyeol on the way. “Spin the bottle!”

Woohyun turned around lazily gripping onto Sunggyu’s arm for balance. “You have got to be kidding me. There are more dudes then chicks.” He looked around the room feeling uneasy.

“What? Are you scared?” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow at Woohyun, seemingly egging him on.

“No, I just thought maybe you guys- or the girls! How do you feel about it?” He tried to focus in the appropriate direction of the female species.

“It’s whatever.” They all agreed together in one way or another.

It looked like this was really going to happen. Spin the bottle was going to happen.

Sitting in a circle they were in order, boy girl, boy girl. But being that there were more sausage then buns Woohyun and Sunggyu were stuck sitting next to each other. Soojung trying to stay as close to Woohyun as possible was right on the other side of Sunggyu. She smiled awkwardly, leaning over Sunggyu to try and get to her man.

“Okay, hold your horses there the game hasn’t started yet.” Sunggyu pushed a finger against Soojung’s forehead to try and mover her away from his vicinity.

Everyone was talking and giggling amongst themselves continuing to drink and dare eachother to take shots. Myungsoo spun the bottle first because he wasn’t scared of anything, but the first spin wasn’t for a kiss it was to see who would go first. It landed on Sungyeol.

Sungyeol was very nervous. For a moment he thought he had to kiss Myungsoo and that was not going to happen. It had been a long time since he had kissed anyone and never in public to say the least. He was hesitant, but with peer pressure from the crowd he spun the bottle hard, closing his eyes not wanting to see where it would land.

It landed on himself, he had to spin again. This time the bottle came to a stop on Kim Sunggyu. All the girls cooed and awed.

“Hell no.” Woohyun laughed. “Spin again.” He instantly regret the words that came out of his mouth because every person in the room just gave him the strangest look. He laughed. “Dudes kissing dudes…”

“That’s not how it works Nam.” Dongwoo shook a lazy finger in his face. “Yeol, kiss him. Just get it over with.”

“Are you kidding? These are like the worst odds.” Sungyeol huffed and shook his head.

But Sunggyu wasn’t about to start playing games. “Come on let’s go.” He rolled his eyes. “It’s not like we have to make out, jesus.” Sunggyu leaned forward, waiting.

“I don’t know if I can-” Before Sungyeol could finish his argument Sunggyu pulled him by the front of his shirt crashing their lips together awkwardly, but only for an instant.

Sungyeol stayed completely still. It wasn’t even a kiss. Just lips on lips, for less then a second. Sunggyu sat back wipping his mouth with the back of his hand, while everyone else just sat and cringed, then it was over.

“Oh please, calm down.” Sunggyu waved a hand in dismissal. “So does this mean I spin next or are we going in a circle?”

“I think I need another drink.” Woohyun moved to get up but Sunggyu grabbed him by the wrist to bring him back down.

“How bout a smoke instead?” Myungsoo pulled out a joint and a lighter. “We can swap spit and smoke.” Everyone in the circle laughed.

“Sunggyu, you spin.” Apparently Dongwoo was in charge. “Woohyun, you stay and Myungsoo , light her up.”

Woohyun frowned at the hand on his wrist. He really wanted to escape but with Sunggyu holding him like this how could he go? Sunggyu kept his fingers locked around Woohyun’s wrist as he reached for the bottle.

“Sunggyu could you…” Woohyun trailed off looking at his own hand that had been pulled into Sunggyu’s lap. He needed to remove himself before he started to turn bright shades of red. He could already feel his face heating up.

“Oh,” Sunggyu laughed and released Woohyun patting the kid on the thigh as he smiled, his eyes disappearing for the second time that night. “Sorry.” Sunggyu thought about all the times that they had touched and Woohyun’s uneasiness seemed to be fading over time.

Sunggyu spun the bottle and it landed on Dongwoo. Just his luck. It had to land on the guy with the biggest lips. Dongwoo was preparing himself by vigorously his lips, coating them in a shiny layer of spit. Myungsoo scrunched his nose in disgust, praying for Sunggyu to come out alive after this.

Sunggyu held his breath and siked himself up asking to take a drag of the finely rolled joint Sungyeol was currently puffing on. Before he could pass it over one of the girls climbed into Sungyeols lap asking for a shot gun. This was more like it. Taking the lit end into his mouth the blonde situated herself bringing her lips close to his. Myungsoo pushed her forward with a laugh and Sungyeol choked before blowing smoke into the girls mouth, pressed flush with his.

Everyone watched as she inhaled deeply and applauded as the two pulled away. Sungyeol was in a daze. There is always a first for everything. Myungsoo gave a thumbs up and Sungyeol passed Sunggyu the sloppy joint. Definitely swapping spit with everyone tonight. The girl wasn’t done with Sungyeol yet and next thing he knew there were hands in his hair and she was hanging off his lips.

Sunggyu took a long drag before handing the joint to Woohyun who gladly accepted. He pressed his lips together and moved to the center of the circle. Dongwoo crawled towards him on all fours, with a mischievous smirk on his face.

“You know I have a thing for read heads.” Dongwoo raised an eyebrow, teasing.”

“Oh god was that necessary.” Sunggyu swallowed hard.

Then they came together slowly at first, feeling out the situation. Dongwoo of course was more then willing to push the boundaries of Sunggyu’s comfort. Sunggyu was overpowered and forced backwards into his spot with Dongwoo still at his bottom lip. Trying to get away was useless because Dongwoo had a death grip on the back of Sunggyu’s neck, kissing him hard forcing their mouths together. Suddenly there was tongue and the whole room had their hands over their mouths, some hiding their eyes. It was all too much.

Woohyun was sure he was brighter then a candy apple on a summer day.

The heat in the room seemed to rise and the innocent game of spin the bottle was on the verge of turning into a full-blown . At least that was how Woohyun saw it. How could people be so free?

They went a few more rounds and Woohyun had yet to have his turn. The drugs and alcohol were kicking in and soon the only thing he could keep his eyes on was the spinning of the bottle in the middle of the circle. All the people around him were laughing and smiling while he zoned out letting the high take over.

A mash of hands and lips and bodies were moving in front of him the circle shrinking around him. Sunggyu was chosen again and this time it was Myungsoo obviously taking advantage and Woohyun could see the grin tugging at his lips as he eyed Woohyun, while slipping his vile tongue over Sunggyu’s perfect pink lips. Woohyun wanted to gag. He closed his eyes for a moment to calm down and swallow back the rising bile, swaying along to the music that seemed to never end in the background.

When he opened his eyes again, there was a hand on his shoulder shaking the life back into him. Soojung was on her knees in front of him, she was smiling. Woohyun just stared at her pretentious face, scoffing to himself and wondering why he was always associated with such a flakey person, she was such a fake.

“Woohyun,” She smiled running her finger along his jaw tilting his chin up. He turned away. The whole room had their eyes on him. “It’s your turn.”

“Oh do I spin-” He was about to reach for the bottle but a hand stopped him.

“Are you okay?” Sunggyu who was sitting next to him looked concerned.

“Yeah man, we were calling your name for a while.” Sungyeol snorted. “Someone is ed up.”

“I’m fine.” Woohyun shook his head running a hand through his hair.

“Just stay still. I will take care of him.” Soojung moved closer to Woohyun resting her hand on his thigh. “He is fine.”

Woohyun kept his eyes open staying completely still the closer he got, but when their lips touched he took control of the situation. He didn’t want to kiss her. He didn’t like her. He removed her hands from his leg and pushed her back keeping their lips pressed together. She was startled, her eyes shot open when gripped her wrists with force. Sunggyu had kissed everyone at the party and he was left for last. If this was his fate he would take it and do with it as he pleased. Moving Soojung back into her spot he leaned over Sunggyu using the red head as leverage to keep his lips connected with the girl. Woohyun didn’t know what he was thinking but he did know that he was very close to Sunggyu’s face and he could hear him breathing.

Woohyun tightened his grip on Sunggyu’s leg sliding his hand further up his thigh, not paying much attention to Soojung.

Sunggyu was mentally cursing at Woohyun for doing that to him. In front of all these people. It wasn’t like it was his choice to kiss everyone there. Was this supposed to be some sort of pay back?

Woohyun continued to let his hand travel upwards, smirking into the kiss. Soojung was having the time of her life. She couldn’t care less about whether or not Woohyun was really into it, all that mattered was that it was happening.

Sunggyu groaned unable to handle anymore, his face was flushed, cheeks turning a light shade of pink. He pushed Woohyun’s wandering hand off of him sending the kid flying forward landing face first in Soojung’s s. Sunggyu laughed.

“That’s what you get.” He shook his head and moved away. “I think I need a drink.”

Woohyun quickly stood up trying to avoid eye contact with Soojung, he didn’t have to worry he had sent her off to la la land with the kiss. The smile on her face screamed that she was definitely satisfied.

Woohyun was the last person in the game and everyone had already moved on. The party moved upstairs.

Myungsoo grabbed his new friend, Sungjong and Sungyeol along with his marshmallows and set up camp next to the fire. Myungsoo had Sungyeol pass out chop sticks to all the party goers and it was a big hit. They all sat around the fire and talked late into the night. At some point Sunggyu had grabbed his guitar and played familiar song for everyone to sing to. The night couldn’t get any better then this. Woohyun sat back on a lounge chair declining the s’mores he was offered because he didn’t really like chocolate, but he did take a marshmallow. Sunggyu watched him as he stuffed his mouth like a kid joking around with Dongwoo. Sunggyu was glad he met all of them. The night grew quiet as everyone started to calm down. Soojung took off with her friends dragging an unwilling Sungjong behind. Woohyun just stared up at the sky, which cleared up to reveal the most beautiful sky. Being that Sunggyu’s apartment was on the outskirts of the city, the lights didn’t hide keep the stars from shining. If it was possible to count them he was sure he could do it because that was how clear they were, shining like diamonds.

Sunggyu kept playing soft melodies into the calm night and soon it was just Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Dongwoo and himself that were left. The conversation continued until Woohyun lost to sleep.

 

Woohyun opened his eyes the next morning. It must have been dawn. The sky was a dusty pink and there were geese flying overhead, probably heading south for winter. He was wrapped up in a blanket, still curled up on the lounge chair. He looked over at the fire which was nothing but ash and a few glowing embers. On the chair next to his was Sunggyu red hair ruffled by the wind. He was fast asleep with his arms crossed over his chest, looking cold with his eyes squeezed shut.

Woohyun pulled the blanket off of himself and stood up stretching out his cramped limbs. He needed water and a real bed. He quietly placed the blanket over Sunggyu and watched for a moment when he began to stir.

If he had woken up, Woohyun told himself that he would stay. Sunggyu to his side pulling the blanket up to his chin sighing in his sleep. A content smile spread across Woohyun’s lips as he decided to leave.

He shook his head looking back on the red head. “Kim Sunggyu what are you doing to me?”

 

Sunggyu woke up a few hours later alone on the roof. He sat up holding his head. The sun had risen and the sky had faded back to blue. He looked over to the empty spot next to him. Next time he would make him stay. 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

an: Hello everyone^^ its been a while. Got a little off track mostly because of work related things.... BUT I am free now for the rest of eternity, well for atleast a month lol ummm I will be writing as much as I can for the time being until my next great adventure. JK i dont have a life sooooo the next chapter should be up in a week IF I POST LATE FEEL FREE TO YELL AT ME OTL. Im a lazy bum. but thank you all so much it really means alot to me that people are ACTUALLY READING SOMETHING I WROTE. it amazes me. Thank you thank you /bows deeply/ I LOVE YOU ALLLLL <3