i. one

The Switch

First of all, Kim Minseok is just your average young adult, not old enough to be called a functional adult, but old enough to have a part-time job in order to pay for the expenses his parents refuse to pay (aka everything but his college's fees). Second, Kim Minseok, like every other college students, consumes overpriced coffee to keep him from sleeping open-mouthed in class (unlike Luhan who has no class at all -pun intended-). And last, Kim Minseok doesn't come from rich family; they are not what you called poor, but his family won't go abroad every year to some tropical islands for vacation.

 

So, why the hell he wakes up on a too big room with a too big bed and too big everything?

 

Possibility 1: He hooked up with some rich guy last night and this is his room, but Minseok is certain he passed out in front of his laptop after drunkenly binge retweeting his TVXQ-filled timeline. . Minseok grimaces at the memory of his drunken self screaming at Changmin's shirtless preview pictures. No wonder his throat hurts.

 

Possibility 2: He is dreaming a really nice bed right now since his ty bed causes him endless back pain. Because his desire to buy a new bed is so strong, he ended up dreaming about it. Plausible, if only he hasn't tried to pinch his cheeks for hundred times and it hurt like hell.

 

"Kim Minseok, stay calm." Minseok mutters the sentence again and again. Despite him repeating the order like a mantra, it’s hard to not panic when there are pictures of him and his family -he swears he never took any of them- on the wall.

He seriously doesn't know what to do. Sure he can walk through a haunted house in amusement park without letting a sound. He also takes pride on being able to pull out a two paper essay one hour before the deadline. But things like this scares him the most. Things that simply don't make sense. Possibility like time slip or alternate universe comes into his mind, but that's simply not logical.

 

His phone beeps and he nervously checks it, swiping on the unfamiliar phone. The latest iPhone which is definitely an upgrade from his old Samsung Galaxy. At least this Minseok is similar with him. Choosing a simply wooden phone case and nothing more.

 

One new Line notification from Luhan.

 

Minseok stares for a long time at the phone, still doesn't know whether he is ready or not to face the Luhan in this universe. The phone beeps a few times and Minseok takes comfort on knowing that Luhan in this universe is as impatient as Luhan.

 

"u ready or not?"

"Hey!"

"Hdu still sleeping?!"

"Why im the one taking care of all this things when you are the one who want to get this boy"

"you owe me. A LOT."

 

Minseok panicked, who is this boy that Luhan talking about?

 

"Y you only read my message!"

"REPLY NOW"

 

"sorry got distracted"

Minseok bites his lips anxiously as he waits for Luhan's reply. He decides to avoid the this boy topic altogether and settles on a natural response.

 

"kim minseok, are you "

Minseok's eyes widen, glad to know this Luhan is brash and annoying like....Luhan. Like the Luhan he has been best friend with since they're born.

 

"what no"

"u better "

"wtf"

"hey no accidental b4 he falls completely for u"

"What?”

"dont scare him. u know the rule."

"what rule"

"are u seriously forgetting the golden rule?! u disappointing me"

Minseok laughs as he reads Luhan’s chat, he is being a drama queen as usual.

 

"so dramatic"

"take his ity AND his heart. and then crush him."

"the money will be yours after that"

 

Minseok quickly replies with a series of question marks, why they are talking about ity and heart?

 

“???????”

"minseok. the usual bet you know"

 

Bet? Minseok blinks a few times in shock. Ok, he takes back what he said. This Luhan is nothing like Luhan. Luhan has questionable moral, but he wouldn't purpose a bet that involved taking someone's ity or crushing someone's heart.

 

"Who" Minseok types angrily.

What the hell he himself is doing in this universe? , is he a jerk in this universe?

 

"jumyeon???that nerd from english class? r u seriously forgot"

 

Minseok takes a sharp intake of breathe and exhales shakily.

Kim Junmyeon, Luhan's step brother and also the most beautiful human being that Minseok ever laid his eyes to.

Kim Junmyeon. The man who Minseok loves more than anything.