Save Me! (Part 2)

One shot stories compilation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back to Soeun, she was still following Changmin when they had arrived in front of a door. She looked at him curiously. “Soeun-ah, I want you to promise me to remain quiet. Not a single sound can escape from your lips even though you were shocked, afraid or angry. Can you do that? Many lives are depending on you” requested Changmin, stricly. Though still confused, Soeun nodded blankly. Changmin smiled again and dragged Soeun through the door. The scenes behind the door were beyond her imagination. Shocked was an understatement to describe the situation in front of her. She could feel tears filled her eyes rapidly. She had also managed to keep quiet and gripped Changmin’s hand tightly.

In front of her, her missing friends laid weakly in the middle of the room. Their bodies were full with bruises and blood. She also spotted others in the room. They just looked at her friends with sympathy but didn’t do anything to save them. “What happen to them? How could anyone do this? Why those people there didn’t try to help them?” whispered Soeun, anxiously. Changmin looked at her seriously and signal at her to be quiet. She stopped her question and could only look at her friends, frustrated that she can’t help them.                      

All of a sudden, a silhouette of man covered with black cloak entered the room. Soeun could feel that Changmin was startled and dragged her behind a big vase beside the door quickly. They peered through the gap carefully. Soeun could see that man approached and stopped in front of Jaerim. He opened the cloak that had hid his face and Soeun had to prevent herself from gasping loudly. With a face full of scars and wrinkles, a bold head and black rough teeth, Soeun could say that she had never seen a man so ugly before. The way he smiled made her shiver in fright and she could only pray that he wouldn’t kill her friends. She once again felt terrified when the man suddenly slashed Jaerim’s arm with his long and sharp nails. A light came out from the wound and the man inhaled it and smiled in satisfaction. He turned around and disappeared behind a door. Changmin dragged Soeun again to go out from the room and she just followed him blindly, still shaken from the previous events. They arrived at an area and Soeun realized that it was the library.

“What happen there? What is that light came out from Jaerim’s body? Can you please answer me?!” asked Soeun, unable to keep her feeling any longer. Changmin released her hand slowly and her body changed back to normal. Changmin motioned for Soeun to sit on the chair while he sat on the table in front of her. “I’m sorry Soeun. I can’t risk you to be caught by him. All I know that man is an evil sorcerer and feed on human’s soul and energy to keep on living and be an immortal. That’s why he didn’t kill your friends, my friends and me. We are his source of living. However, whenever he inflicted the wounds on us to feed, my body feels like breaking and it also feels like someone was stabbing my body continuously with a sharp sword. All these time I thought death would be better than the pain that he keep inflicting on us” explain Changmin to Seoun. Soeun noticed his sorrowful expression and that made her more determined.

“ Oppa, let me help you. I want to save you and the others” Changmin was shocked. He only showed Soeun the situation of the house for her to save herself, not to save him and his friends. “No! Soeun-ah, just save yourself! I don’t want you to act recklessly. It’s too dangerous! He can kill you!!” Chnagmin yelled in panic. He turned around and tried to move away from Soeun. ‘It was a mistake to let her know about this. I should just show her the way out instead of showing her the room’ Chnagmn thought in regret. Before he could however, he felt his wrist being tugged and he turned around only to be shocked by Soeun’s bold moves.

Soeun didn’t know what had possessed her but she herself was shocked as she pressed her lips onto Chnagmin’s own and kissed him slowly. She kissed him passionately and lovingly to show him that she had liked him the moment she laid her eyes on him and was really determined to save him. She didn’t really care he was 30 years older than her. She released his lips and moved a bit from him. She looked into his eyes and sincerely said, “I know it’s dangerous and I know I might get myself killed trying to save you, my friends and your friends but I also know that I will regret it so much knowing that I had a chance to save you, love you and live my whole life together with you. I know this will sound ridiculous but I had always dreamt about a guy ever since I moved into this neighbourhood. The guy’s face was blurred in the dream but the moment I saw you, I know that it was you I was dreaming about. The you in my dream would mouth “Save Me!” desperately even though I couldn’t hear any voices. But the moment I tried to get close to you and grab your hands, I would wake up in tears as if I was losing someone important. Now, I understand the meaning of the dreams”.

“Soeun-ah, I don’t know what to say. But are you sure you are in love with me? Maybe it’s a pity that you felt in your heart” said Changmin, though he really hopes it the opposite. He had always liked her ever since he first saw her walking home from school together with her friends. But he knew it was impossible. The moment he saw she tried to enter the house’s yard, he tried to send her a warning sign but his power was weak. She grabbed his face in her hands. She noticed every time she touched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter