Ms. Bestfriend Forever

Ms. Bestfriend Forever

Author's Note:

Luhan - Blue

Jane Kim - Pink

Jennifer Stones - Red

EXO Members - To be followed

 

Prologue

I'm Jane Kim

Luhan's childhood best friend.

I'm here in New York for 5 years and I'm a Medical Student in one of the schools here.

Luhan knew that I'm here to study but there's another reason why I agree to study here even though I'm going to leave Korea for a long time.

It's because I love him.

I don't want to destroy our friendship becuase of this ing feelings I have for him. It's true that when a boy and girl are bestfriends there's a possibility that the other one may fall for the other one.

How can I say that?

That's because, I am experiencing that now.

That's why I'm here to move on or should I say to get rid of these feelings for him. I'm moving on and I'm really trying my best to get rid of these feelings but until now, I can't do it.

It's funny because it's already been 6 years but until now, he still had my heart.

Even though I'm here in New York and he's in Korea, my love for him never fades away. Sometimes I'm thinking, he's putting some love potion on the kimchi that he is making for me then delivers it to New York.

Yes, he knows how to make kimchi even if he is Chinese.

I though him how to make kimchi when we don't have food to it because their maid is gone and his mom is in England.

A/N: This is a product of my imagination.

Because of my situation here, Jennifer Stones, my friend and at the same time housemate suggests that I should tell my feelings for him so that this feeling will lead to something else.

How can I do that if I don't know if Luhan loves me which is I know it's impossible because I'm just his bestfriend.

I'm just a bestfriend and it will never change.

I recently watched a movie and the actor says a line that surely hits me. "May mga babaeng nagiging girlfriend at may mga babaeng hanggang bestfriend lang"

What if he says this line to me when I confess my feelings to him?

What if he laughs at me and don't believe on what I'm saying?

At the thing that I'm always scared at is what if he distance himself to and don't talk to me until our friendship is gone?

I know I'm being paranoid but I keep on thinking those what ifs.

"If I were you, I'll tell him my feelings for him. You're keeping that for almost 6 years now! And when was the last time you got a SERIOUS boyfriend?"

Yeah serious.

It means that, I love the boy not just what you call boyfriend.

I had past boyfriends but I don’t love them, totally.

It's always been Luhan who is in my heart that's why, we can't be together for a long time.

I'm always saying it's not you, it's me.

And I don't know if they are believing that reason because it has been used by many.

Jennifer and I kept on talking when suddenly my phone rings. I checked it on and it was Luhan. I looked at Jennifer and she just rolled her eyes then eats her pasta.

Here she goes again; maybe at the back of her mind she kept on telling that I should tell him my feelings for him.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Jane! How are you?”

I’m fine, and I’m still loving you secretly.

Seriously, I really want to say that line to him now but I chose not to.

I just can’t.

I smiled. “I’m fine, I’m at the hospital right now, you know? Duty”

He laughed at the other line. “Yeah I know, wait I called you because I have a good news for you”

Kinabahan naman ako sa sinasabi niyang good news.

Is he going to tell me that he has a girlfriend?

How should I react?

Of course, I should be happy for him but how? All of you know that I love him so much but *sigh* I guess I have to act natural.

My acting skills will be tested here.

I'm not speaking for a long time so he asked me in a worried tone. “Hey? Jane? Say something, I'm thinking something happened that's why you're not speaking and I'm worried.”

“He-hello! Sorry, I just did something. So what's that good news?” I asked even though I don’t want to hear that good news.

I think I'm the only person who doesn't want to hear a good news at this moment.

He didn't speak for a long time. I think, it’s all about him having a girlfriend.

I’m starting to be sad when he speak. “We’re going to have our first concert here!”

Wha-what did he say?

 “Pardon?” I asked again still in disbelief.

“We’re going to have our first concert!” he said happily.

I smiled and congratulated him. He’s really happy, I know because they’ve experienced so many hardships before this concert comes. Actually he and his group are working hard for them to be successful and finally they made their dream come true!

They want to have their concert and make their fans happy.

“Congratulations! It’s just two years after you debuted and now you’re going to have your concert? Just wow. Congratulations Luhan!” I said happily.

I thought that good news is about him having a girlfriend.

I smiled at the thought of me overreacting. I should have listen to him first before I think those crazy things. Haha!

We talked about the other things on the phone until his manager called him and he said goodbye to me. Before he hung up the phone “Hey Jane”

“What?”

“Can you come to the concert? I really want you to see me performing together with the other members”

Jennifer took a glance on me and kept on telling me to say yes.

I looked at her and she kept quiet.

“I’ll try, you know my schedule right?”

I heard him sigh on the other line and he speaks “Yeah I know, I need to go, take care okay? You should eat on the right time and get enough sleep”

“I should be the one telling you that, you know?” I asked.

He just laughs at me “I’m a man. Okay, hung up the phone now”

Whenever we are talking to the phone, he’s always telling me to hang up the phone first and I don’t know why. Sometimes I am wondering why he’s telling me to do that.

I smile playfully. “You hung up first”

“What? Jane, my manager is calling me.”

“So hung up the phone now” I said.

“Tss... okay if you don’t want to hung up the phone, then let’s continue the call”

“Okay” I win.

Haha! I know, later he will hung up the phone because he will give that to his manager.

I keep on eating and I noticed that he hangs up the phone so I took my phone away and put it on my bag. Jennifer comes near me and I know what we are going to talk about.

“Are you going to the concert?” she asked.

I look at her. “You want to come with me?”

She just smiled at me and sits comfortably on her chair. “You know, I have my part time job and I can’t. This could be your chance you know”

Chance?

Jennifer looked at me in disbelief as if she knows I know what she is talking about. “Ah really Jane, this could be your chance to confess your feelings for him! Why are you such a slow poke?!”

I pouted on what she said.

“And one thing, quit acting cute. You know you’re irresistible”

I smiled at her and she laughs.

But, confessing my feelings to him?

How am I going to do that?