Kris

Sunny Day Hero

Kris' POV (written by Taoris95)

    "Xiumin, do I have to do this?" I complained, dragging my feet towards the small bookstore on the corner. There was a little coffee shop inside, the place my friend was dragging me to unwillingly. 

    "Yes! Chen and I think you've been kind of lonely these days, and Tao is the perfect guy for you." Xiumin said, looking up at me and puffing his cheeks out. I sighed, stuffing my hands into my sweatshirt pockets and following him slowly. 
    "Here," Xiumin opened the door to the bookstore, guiding me to the small coffee shop towards the back. I breathed the rich scent of coffee in deeply, trying to push my worries away. 
    I hadn't had a relationship since my ex, Chanyeol, had dumped me for Baekhyun. That was a year ago, and I still wasn't sure if I was ready for a relationship. Oh well...I pulled my shoulders back and strode forward confidently. What was the worst that could happen?
    "Xiumin!" I turned my head, seeing Chen waving at us from a small table. Xiumin and I walked over and I looked around nervously for my date. 
    "Tao isn't here yet, you can relax." Chen smiled at me. I sighed in relief, sitting down across from Chen, but still felt a little prickle of annoyance. He was late. 
    "I'll go order drinks." Xiumin said, standing up and leaving Chen and I alone. My foot kept tapping the ground, my leg shaking the table, until Chen kicked me under the table. 
    "Ow! I'm sorry, I'm nervous." I said, running my hand through my hair and burying my hands in my sweatshirt pockets again. After a few minutes, I brought my phone out and checked the time again. 
    "What time was he supposed to be here?" I asked, annoyance coloring my voice. Xiumin appeared again, and I slurped down my coffee. 
    "Chen?!" An elegant voice called out from the entrance to the coffee shop, making me turn around to look. My jaw dropped, and I hurried tried to cover it up by taking another sip of coffee.  
    Tao was tall, only a few inches shorter than me, and had black hair. His hair was swept slightly in front of his eyes, black eyeliner tracing the outside of his eyes. Multiple earrings swung in his ears and he was dressed stylishly in tight black leather pants and a low cut v-neck. A silver cross swung on a chain around his neck and his black leather shoulder bag bumped against his leg as he glided forward. I took one look at the large label—Gucci—and frowned, looking down at my sweatpants and sweatshirt.
    "Chen, where's my date?" Tao asked, arriving in front of the table and looking past me. He reached out, grabbing for my coffee, and I smacked his hand away. 
    "Excuse me?" Tao asked, turning on me with a predatory look in his eyes. I looked up, meeting his gaze strongly, trying not to shrink under his practiced glare. He had dark circles under his eyes and a sharp jawline, the muscles of his arms shown by his v-neck. 
    "This is mine." I said, clenching my jaw to avoid saying something rude. This guy was a total diva, how could Xiumin and Chen think we would get along?!
    "And who are you?" Tao asked, looking down at me. I swallowed, trying to stop my foot from tapping rapidly under the table. 
    "Kris." I said, looking over at him. Tao scoffed, sitting down next to Chen and taking a sip from the coffee in front of him. 
    "This is Kris?" Tao asked, giving Chen a look like he was insane. "You said Kris was good-looking." 
    "You're not so good yourself!" I retorted, fighting the urge to kick him under the table. Tao ignored me, sighing softly and knocking back the rest of his coffee. 
    "Well, this was a waste of time." Tao said, standing up and waving to Xiumin and Chen. "See you guys around." 
    Tao glided away, disappearing from sight and leaving me seething in place. I watched his cute little swish away, wondering how someone could be so infuriating and intriguing at the same time. 
    "So...what do you think?" Chen asked, raising his eyebrows and wiggling them. Xiumin stared at me like I was something from a Petri dish. 
    "I think he's the most annoying diva I've ever met." I said, standing up and walking away, tossing my coffee cup in the trash.   
    I walked back to my apartment, keeping my hands stuffed in my pockets and watching my worn tennis shoes scuff the ground. I should buy new ones soon...I probably couldn't afford it. I was in college and money was pretty tight, I basically survived on ramyun. 
    "Huh, that jerk's bag probably cost more than my apartment." I mumbled to myself, crossing the street still staring at my feet. 
    A horn honking at me made me jerk my head up, throwing myself out of the way of the oncoming car. I sprawled on the road, my head spinning, then inspected the scrape on my side from where my sweatshirt had been rucked up. 
    "You again?" I looked up, seeing Tao sitting in the back seat of the car with the window rolled down. I hissed in pain as my fingers touched the stinging cuts, little trickles of red painting my finger tips. 
    "Could you get out of the road now?" Tao snapped rudely, glaring down at me from his window. I clenched my jaw again, pushing myself to my feet and tugging my sweatshirt down over the cut. There was a giant hole on the side of it now, matching the holes in the knees of my pants. More blood trickled down from my scraped knees, but I ignored it. 
    Tao watched me inspect the holes in my clothes and the blood that stained them. His eyes were ice cold, but a mean smirk drew his mouth up slightly. 
    "I'm sure you've got plenty more polyester at home. Don't fret too much." Tao said mockingly, sliding on some sunglasses. "Now, move."
    "My pleasure." I hissed, stepping back onto the sidewalk and watching Tao roll his window back up and squeal off. 
    "That jerk." I growled, looking down at my stinging knees and wincing. Now I would need more clothes...where was I supposed to find those?
    I sighed, turning and trudging along the sidewalk. I reached my apartment after an excruciatingly long 30 minutes, my side and knees on fire, along with my bloody palms. I unlocked the door, kicking off my old sneakers and removing my ruined pants. 
    I pulled off the sweatshirt too, walking through the apartment in my boxers. I looked down at the scrape on my side, assessing the damage. The skin was bruised and raw, blood tricking down my side, and I looked at the similar conditions of my knees and palms.   
    I walked over to my small bathroom, turning on the squeaky shower and throwing my old clothes in the trash. I grabbed a pair of faded jeans and an old tank top, trying to decide what to wear. I didn't have anything other than these clothes and my old school uniform, and I couldn't afford more clothes. 
    I shook my head, deciding not to worry about it, and got into the shower. The cold water trickled down weakly, chilling me. Yes, this was as hot as it got. I sighed, grabbing a bar of soap and cleaning my cuts carefully. When I was done, I toweled off my hair and wrapped the towel around my waist. 
    Padding into the kitchen, I rooted through my cabinets and pulled out a package of instant noodles. Heating the water on the stove, I turned in surprise when the door bell rang. None of my friends would've come without calling...
    I strode over to the door, kicking my shoes out of the way and keeping my right hand on the top of the towel. I reached out, opening my door carefully, and jerked in surprise when I saw a man wearing a suit on the other side. 
    "Hello?" I said hesitantly, opening my door all the way. He looked from my bare feet, to my towel, to the raw cut on my side, and finally to my face. 
    "Kris Wu?" he said doubtfully. I nodded, and he bowed to me respectfully. He held out a cluster of bags he was holding, then a box. 
    "I didn't order anything..." I said confusedly, taking the bags and box and looking at him. He bowed again, turning to go. 
    "Master Huang says this for you." The man strode away, leaving me incredibly confused. I closed my door, looking at the bags and box on the floor. 
    "Master Huang?" I whispered to myself, wondering what was going on. I finally took the bags and box to the tiny kitchen table, sitting down on the floor and picking up the box. 
    I opened it, surprised when I saw a brand new pair of tennis shoes looking at me. I picked one up, inspecting it, then put it on quickly. It fit perfectly, and I admired the clean surface of it. Taking off the shoe, I replaced it back in the box and grabbed one of the bags. 
    New sweatpants, a sweatshirt, and three new soft v-necks greeted me. I felt the material with my hands, shocked at its quality. The next bag held a leather jacket, new skinny jeans, and a white v-neck. A small jewelry box inside revealed a heavy ring and a bracelet, which I looked at admiringly. The last bag had bandaids, antibiotic cream, ibuprofen, hydrogen peroxide, and a small note. 
    Watch out for more cars.
    I looked over the note again, disbelieving that Tao would buy all this for me. I pulled out my phone, dialing Xiumin and waiting for him to pick up. 
    "Hello?" Xiumin said sleepily. I looked through the bags again, trying to make sure I hadn't missed anything. 
    "What's Tao's last name?" I asked quickly, holding the phone close to my ear. 
    "Kris?" Xiumin asked. 
    "No, that's my name!" I snapped impatiently. "What's Tao's full name?" 
    "Umm...Hong? Hang? Huang? I think it's Huang. Huang Zitao." Xiumin said. I breathed out quietly, nodding. 
    "Thanks Xiumin." I hung up, looking at all the gifts. I shrugged, reaching out and grabbing the bag of medicine and heading towards the bathroom. 
    I poured the hydrogen peroxide over the cuts, hissing as they bubbled and foamed. I dried them off carefully, wiping antibiotic cream on them and carefully putting on bandaids. Popping two ibuprofen in my mouth and walking back to the kitchen, I tugged on the sweatpants and a v-neck, sighing as the soft fabric whispered against my skin. 
    I looked down at the note again, studying the neat Mandarin, then shrugged and walked to my bedroom. I had a big day ahead and I fell asleep almost immediately, wrapped in the comfort and warmth of my new clothes. 

    At six o'clock I rolled over, slamming my hand down on my alarm clock and checking my phone. I went on the internet and searched Huang Zitao. I ended up with an address for a big family company, and then hopped in the shower. 
    My cuts were already healing well, and I cleaned them again and put on more cream. I pulled on the skinny jeans and white v-neck, deciding it was too hot for a leather jacket, and pulled on my new tennis shoes. 
    I started walking in the direction of the company address, alone in my thoughts. I finally stopped in front of an expensive-looking building, craning my head back to look up at the multiple stories.
    I walked inside, the automatic doors closing with a swish and the cold blast of an air conditioner hit me. I walked through the echoing lobby towards the woman at the counter, giving her a hesitant smile. 
    "I'm here to see Huang Zitao." I said softly. She nodded, typing something on her computer and the glancing up at me. 
    "Do you have an appointment?" she asked. I shook my head and she looked at me regretfully. 
    "I'm sorry, you can't see Mr. Huang without an appointment." she said. I nodded, biting my lip slightly. 
    "Could you just tell him Kris Wu says thank you?" I asked. She immediately straightened up, smiling widely and clacking on her computer. 
    "Oh, you're Kris. I'll send you right up." she said knowingly, stressing my name. I nodded uncomfortable, uncertain as to what she meant. 
    "Alright, go right through those doors and take the elevator to floor 6." she said, gesturing to a set of double doors. I nodded, turning around and striding forward. 
    Here I go. 
    I got in the elevator, drumming my fingertips against my thighs nervously as I pressed the number for 6. The elevator paused at 3, a man in a suit getting on and facing away from me. He was shouting into a Bluetooth, and I pressed myself subtly into the wall of the elevator. 
    "Can't you do anything right?! I told you to send two pairs of shoes—" I recognized Tao after a few seconds, my jaw dropping. Tao sighed angrily, reaching up and jamming his finger down on a button on the Bluetooth. 
    "Tao?" I said, making him turn. He looked me up and down critically, frowning slightly and raising one eyebrow. 
    "Your shoes don't match your outfit." Tao observed coldly, looking from my tennis shoes to my skinny jeans and v-neck. 
    "High tops would've looked better." Tao said, turning back around. I felt another prickle of annoyance, clearing my throat until he turned back to me.    
    "What?" Tao asked hostilely, giving me a frustrated look. I looked square at him, nodding at him subtly. 
    "Thank you." I said. Tao scoffed, turning around and ignoring me. "Excuse me?" I tapped his shoulder, expecting more of a response. 
    "Now what do you want?" Tao asked, spinning around and grabbing my hand. He twisted my wrist into a lock in a split second, forcing me to hiss in pain as he pressed on my raw palm. 
    "Let go." I grunted, seeing blood spill from under one of the bandaids and trickle as Tao pressed harder. 
    "Why?" Tao asked, watching the blood run with morbid fascination. I tried to jerk my hand away, almost crying out when he wrenched my wrist back more. 
    "It hurts." I said, still trying to stay tough. Tao retained his bone-crushing hold on my wrist, tears slowly pooling in my eyes. I blinked hard, not wanting him to see how much he was hurting me. 
    Tao looked down at my expression and his face suddenly softened. His narrowed eyes evened out to large, brown orbs and his mouth lost its twisted shape. He let go out of my wrist with a soft gasp, looking down at his own hand in shock. I sighed in relief, yanking my hand back and cradling it against my side. My palm burned and my wrist ached, my muscles still crying in protest. 
    "Tao—" I started, not even sure what I was going to say. He held his hand up, looking up as the elevator swished to a stop. 
    "Come with me for lunch." Tao commanded, stepping out of the elevator and not looking back to see if I followed. Jerk. 

Hello everyone! It's Taoris95, I hope you liked my writing~
My awesome chingu's chappie is next, so stay tuned and be sure to leave her a lot of comments because her writing it amazing!
Kamsamnida,
—Taoris95 (Sujin)