A Christmas Carol (part 2)

A Christmas Carol

Kyungsoo was pretty sure he was dreaming.
He could hear Christmas jingles in the distance and there was the soothing smell of burning logs in the fireplace. He rolled onto his side snuggling into the warmth of his comforter, when he actually saw a light coming from the living room. He kicked the covers from his body jumping out of the bed, and with small steps he reached the door of his bedroom. He grabbed the classic guitar leaning against the wall, brandishing it like a bat, and walked to the living room.
When he entered the room, Kyungsoo almost dropped the guitar on the floor in shock. 
A boy with a very young looking face was giggling and jumping around a huge Christmas tree which Kyungsoo didn't even know where it came from, and the walls and ceiling were hung with leaves of holly and mistletoe.
"Kyungsoo, you're awake! Come here!" the boy smiled widely.
"Oh God, not again" Kyungsoo looked like he was about to faint "Still dreaming, you're still dreaming Kyungsoo"
The other's eyes rounded slightly "Didn't Jongdae warn you about my visit?" he sat cross-legged on an armchair, an impish grin on his young face "My name is Minseok. I'm the Ghost of Christmas Present!" he bowed his head slightly, then he patted a spot on the floor next to the armchair he was sitting in "Come here! I have something to show you".
Kyungsoo took a deep breath approaching the spirit with caution, the guitar forgotten on the floor.
"Come on! I can't be scarier than Jongdae" Minseok chuckled "and you haven't met Baekhyun yet"
"I'd rather not, honestly" the boy muttered, making the other chuckle.
"Oh, but you have to. We're here to help you"
"Help me with what?" Kyungsoo whined, dropping to the floor.
"Help you understand that with your behaviour you're hurting yourself and the people around you. Now shall we?" he smirked, rubbing his hands together.
Minseok tapped his foot twice on the floor and it started creaking and crumbling under them. Kyungsoo shouted in fear, jumping on his feet to climb on the armchair.
"What the hell are you doing?!"
The spirit laughed loudly "Don't worry! You're not going to fall" he tilted his head pointing at the floor "Look down"
When Kyungsoo was finally able to find the courage to lower his gaze, his jaw dropped. The sight under him was breathtaking.
He could see everything from there, the snowy streets, the roofs of the houses, Christmas trees all over the city.
It was like his house was floating over the city, and it was amazing.
They stopped over a house, and Kyungsoo knotted his eyebrows in question. The spirit smiled.
"We're going down"
"Wha-" the boy couldn't even finish his sentence because of the scream leaving his throat as they started to fall down at great speed.
He growled as he landed with a thud on the floor of a richly decored living room, Minseok chuckled at him. He got up and started to look around, and when he saw a very familiar figure walking past the living room door he almost let out a gasp. Jongin walked right through Kyungsoo's body, and sat on the couch, a cup of tea in his hand.
Kyungsoo breathed heavily, his heart was beating like crazy. He turned towards the spirit "This is happening like, right now?"
Minseok nodded, and the boy whispered "He didn't go to the party then" he frowned "why?"
"Because his favourite person wasn't there" Minseok sighed, sitting on the floor "He decided to spend Christmas with his family".
"Jongin?"
Kyungsoo was startled by the sudden voice coming from the door. Jongin's little sister, Sora, was entering the room rubbing her eyes.
"What are you doing, Jongin?"
"What are you doing" her brother chuckled pulling her in his arms "can't sleep?"
"Nope" Sora rubbed her eyes again "I wanna wait for Santa"
Jongin laughed "You know that if you stay up and try to see him he won't leave any presents, right?"
"But I can't sleep!" she pouted "Tell me a story, then"
Kyungsoo was looking at the scene before him with a soft gaze. Jongin was so damn sweet, he was trying so hard not to smile.
"You know" Minseok raised an eyebrow "That's not the way you look at someone you don't like"
Kyungsoo huffed "I do like him"
"Then why aren't you with him? You could be right beside him, listening to the story he's telling to his little sister. What happened with you?"
"He kissed me, that's what happened"
"...and?"
"And he kissed me out of pity! He did it only because I told him about my parents, and he wanted to comfort me and-"
"You're so dumb" Minseok rolled his eyes "he loves you, that's why he kissed you"
The boy frowned, guilt creeping into his mind again. He knew Jongin was very fond of him, but when he woke up in his arms last Christmas day and he remembered what happened the night before, he just freaked out. He ran away without saying a word, and he started to avoid Jongin without giving him an explanation.
He was sure Jongin's kiss was out of pity, and he didn't want to be pitied. He hated it. 
"I wanna go home" Kyungsoo almost growled  "you ghosts surely are too nosey"
"We're just trying to help, you grumpy boy " Minseok scoffed.
"But why? Why are you doing this?"
"Because everyone deserves a second chance, Do Kyungsoo. Even ungrateful brats like you" he smiled "Your life has been hard enough, you deserve something better, now".
With a snap of his fingers, Minseok menaged to change the scene before them. They were now in Kyungsoo's sister's house.
Everything was silent, the lights were turned off, but one of his nephews was still awake, in his mother's arms.
"Why uncle didn't come home tonight?" his mother smiled bitterly.
"Because he had to work" the little boy snuggled in his mother's embrace.
"I miss him, mom. He's my favourite uncle in the world!"
Kyungsoo felt like crying again, as he glared at Minseok.
The spirit smiled one last time, then everything disappeared.

Kyungsoo was lost and alone. Everything was dim around him, and he didn't know what to do or where to go. when he suddenly noticed someone standing behind him, his shadow appearing  beside his own on the ground, he turned around with wide eyes.
He relaxed a little at the sight of a boy with bright eyes and a sly grin. A hood was covering his hair, and his hands were in his pockets.
"You know who I am"
"The Ghost of Christmas yet to come" Kyungsoo nodded "am I right?"
The spirit bowed slightly "The name is Baekhyun" he smirked "do you fear me?"
"Yes" the boy smiled bitterly "I'd rather not know about my future".
Baekhyun shrugged "I don't care, I have to show you anyway".
He grabbed Kyungsoo's arm and started to drag him not so gently through the darkness. 
"Wait! Where are we going??" 
The spirit smirked darkly "You'll see".
Suddenly the darkness disappeared, and the bright light of the sun hit Kyungsoo's eyes as they stopped in the middle of a noisy street. They were outside of a restaurant, Christmas lights hung all over the place.
"Why are we here?"
Baekhyun nodded towards the restaurant window "Look".
It wasn't a surprise for Kyungsoo to find Jongin sitting there. What he wasn't expecting, was the guy sitting across from him at the table.
Park Chanyeol.
He was holding hands with him, and he was looking at him in a oh so sweet way that made Kyungsoo scrunch up his nose. He cringed when he saw that Jongin was looking back at him with the same look into his eyes.
That was the way Jongin used to look at him. That stare was for Kyungsoo only.
"Like what you see?" the ghost smirked "they're cute, aren't they?"
"Oh, come on!" Kyungsoo scoffed "Park Chanyeol of all people!"
"Kyungsoo grimaced at the sight before him of Jongin feeding Chanyeol with his spoon.
"They will get married" Baekhyun shrugged .
"What??" Kyungsoo shouted, the other nodded.
"They will buy a house and adopt a baby, and they will have a happy life with a dog and all the happy family pack. Shall I show you?"
"Don't you dare!" Kyungsoo rose a hand "Stop it. I don't wanna see, I don't wanna hear"
"Well, you should" the spirit replied with a scowl on his face "because that's what is going to happen" he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose "Look, Kyungsoo, I personally like that Chanyeol very much. He's gorgeous, funny, and so much nicer than you are-"
"What's with all the compliments, now?"
"-but" Baekhyun continued, giving him a glare "Jongin loves you now, Kyungsoo, and if you stop being such a , that" he gestured towards the two boys laughing while feeding each other "could happen to you".
Kyungsoo bit his lip "Can I change this future?" 
"Sure you can" Baekhyun rolled his eyes.
"Will I be happy like that? Will Jongin be happy with me?" the boy whispered, looking at the scene before him.
The spirit sighed, putting a hand on the other's shoulder "I don't know, Kyungsoo. I can't show you. I'm showing you this, because this is the future you created with your behaviour in the present" he looked straight into his eyes "but you can change it" he smiled.
"Come on! What's with the long face? Everything is gonna be great!" he pushed Kyungsoo away, and the boy found himself screaming for the millionth time that night. He was falling, but never reaching the ground. Everything was black under him.