The last morning

A broken mug and a broken heart

 

Baekhyun was standing in the bathroom, staring into his reflection and at the dark eye bags under his eyes.

He sighed.
"Haven’t slept well?" A teasing voice came from behind him.
Chen was standing behind him, leaning against the door.
Baekhyun looked up at him through the mirror, Chen wore an annoying smirk on his face.
Baekhyun turned around and walked past him and made his way into the kitchen.
"Cat got your tongue?" Chen chuckled at the lack of response from him.
"I don’t need to hear your annoying voice right now" Baekhyun hissed.
"Grumpy?"
"why does it matter to you?" he hissed again.
Chen kept his mouth shut, when Baekhyun was grumpy it was better to let him be.
"I’m going to take a shower" Chen walked into the bathroom and took his clothes off.
Baekhyun could hear as he the water and decided to make them some coffee.
Even though he didn’t really like the bitter taste, it helped him to wake up.
He had no problem with the smell, he actually quiet liked the smell of the roasted coffee beans.
He took a deep breath through his nose smelling the aroma as he waits for the water to boil.
After a few minutes the water started boiling and Baekhyun removed it from the hot plate.
He pours the water into two mugs and puts one spoon of coffee in his mug and two in Chen’s.
"How nice of you to fix some coffee for me" Chen was standing behind Baekhyun in his shower robe.
He grabs his coffee and took a sip ”two spoons, I’m glad that you still remember”.
'Of course I still remember' Baekhyun thought to himself as he glanced at Chen's wet collarbone.
Baekhyun watched Chen as he walked into the living room and the TV and made himself feel like home in the couch.
"I’ll be leaving in about 20 minutes so you don’t have to throw me out later" he chuckled.
Baekhyuns grip to the coffee mug tightened.
he didn’t want him to leave but what could he do.
It’s been like this since they decided to end their relationship, spending nights together to separate in the morning.
Sometimes they wouldn’t see each other in weeks but Baekhyun still liked those nights while he hated the mornings after.
He liked the feeling of being held and sometimes feeling slightly loved.
E
ven though it was all to Chen, nothing else, he would eventually get tired of him.
"You won’t need to worry about seeing me anymore, I’ll be moving to China in 3 days. I finally got the job" Chen smiled as he kept his eyes glued on the TV as he drank the last drop of coffee and put the empty mug on the table.
Baekhyun was about to take a sip of the coffee but stopped as the edge of the mug touches his lower lip. He froze.
He could feel as his heart slowly dropped down to the ground.
The mug was slightly burning his lower lip but he didn’t care.
He was going to be all alone, lonely nights and lonely mornings.
Tears wanted to come out from his eyes but it was like a wall was in the way, his eyes was burning but tears didn’t form.
Chen got up from the couch, leaving the mug there.
He walked past the kitchen without even looking at Baekhyun, grabbing his clothes and putting them on.
Baekhyun wanted to go and stop him but his body refused to move.
"Well, it was fun but this time it’s farewell" Chen laughed as he made his way to the door.
Every step he took felt like a knife stabbing Baekhyuns heart.
Chen opened the door and closed it after him.
The sound of the door closing echoed through the apartment.
Baekhyun dropped the mug, it hit the floor and broke into pieces, coffee was spread all over the floor.
He felt his legs getting weak and he crouched down to the floor, staring down on the scattered pieces.
His fingers shaking as he picked up the broken pieces, one by one.
He looked at the pile of pieces in his hands as the first tear slowly streamed down on his face and hit the pile.
Other tears started falling, one after another.
The pile of pieces was like his heart, broken.
                …………………
He stayed in bed through the whole day, the whole night.
The TV was still on.
Chen’s mug was still in the same place, untouched, just like his own heart, while Baekhyun’s mug was broken, like his heart.
                .....................

~Sometimes a person's belongings can reflect what kind of person they are or how they feel~