FINAL

Memento of Fallen Leaves

I walked through memory lane barefooted not knowing there were shards along the way.

Fascinatingly, i did not feel any pain. Maybe because i was the numb guy who is still in the middle of the hide and seek game.

But never find.

"Stay strong." That's what they all keep telling me.

Easy to say, hard to do.

They tell me to stay strong but they don't understand how it feels to feel alone and weak.

"Kang Seulgi."

With one mention of your name or anything connected with you is enough to return old feelings and memories.


All the memories come back but you won't be.

 

"Seulgi-ah, i stopped drinking coffee even though i am freaking sleepy. I'd rather get pinched and slapped
than drink that thing that reminds me of your dark brown eyes." I let out a smile. My face did smile, not my eyes.

Sometimes when i say i'm okay, a voice inside my head kept saying i am not and will never be.

"Fallen leaves?" my nephew pondered as i picked up the dried leaves scattered on the ground.

Autumn already?

"You know what? It was around this season when i asked her to be the girl i will spend forever with and 
It was also around this season that she got into that accident that caused our forever to be never." 

I answered the baffled young one.

"Uncle Jongin, how will you know that you've already moved on?"

Have i moved on?

Sure, i can delete our photos, her messages and even her number.

But how can i delete our memories?

Our memories won't seem to let me go.

She was the memory i can't let go and forget.

"I guess i will never know. Because i can't and i won't... Not just yet." I stared at her tombstone.

Kang Seulgi
Born, February 10, 1994
Died, December 17, 2014
In our hearts forever and always

 

"Life is pointless without you. Maybe this memento is the only thing that keeps me hoping
that one day i'll wake up from this nightmare. Happy Anniversay, Kang Seulgi. Saranghae."

 

***** *****

 

I just want to dedicate this to my friend who passed away and her boyfriend that she left.

I feel really sad for the guy since he is trying to be okay and showing everyone that he is fine but he is not.

And to think that things now will never be the same again without her.

The girl died during their monthsary and they were close to 3 years and it was sad.

 

Hello Yra! 

I dedicate this fanfic to you. I know you're watching us now. Hahaha i miss you. Sorry if i wasn't able
to come to your burial ceremony. I just can't take it. I'm not ready to see you and say goodbye.
You escaped reality too soon. I wish we had more time to spend with each other. Thank you for everything.
For being there when i needed someone to talk to. When i needed to rant about NL's bull.
Tangina will be our always. I love you glutton. I know you are happy there na. Mwaaa.
Watch over me and my future boyfriend ha? <3