Chapter Fifteen: Revealed

Untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We need to go now,” the woman said as she quickly shoved two folded pants inside her bag. The bun of her hair was coming off but she had no time to take care of it. All she cared about was packing the things that they would need to survive.

“Chanyeol, wear your jacket,” she instructed, pointing at the blue jacket lying on the bed. The little kid grabbed it and wore it quickly. He didn’t know what’s happening. He couldn’t understand why his mother’s acting all antsy and anxious. He was nervously holding unto his stuff toy as if feeling the bad situation that’s waiting for them.

He heard loud footsteps coming from the stairs and his mother went to his side immediately. “They’re here,” Chanyeol’s dad informed as he opened the door. He looked worriedly at his son who was hiding behind his mother. Chanyeol’s mother turned and held his small shoulders firmly. “Whatever happens, remember what I said a while ago, okay?” she asked and he quickly nodded.

“GET THEM!!” a voice echoed from downstairs and Chanyeol’s parents looked at each other. “Mom, what is happening?” he asked with a small voice. He looked scared. His mother smiled at him before hugging him tightly, knowing that it would probably be the last time that she would do that. The voices were getting closer and closer and so are the sounds of footsteps.

Still confused with what’s happening, Chanyeol was pushed into the closet by his mother as he was told to stay there quietly. He clamped his own mouth with his hands, not daring to make a sound. Shutting his eyes, he started thinking of all the nice things that he ever did with his parents. The loud screams made him open his eyes. He could hear his own heartbeat.

When he opened the closet’s door, he could see smoke coming from downstairs. Curious about what’s happening, he slowly got out of the closet and walked towards the door. He peeked through the small opening and he saw his father being held by three men while his mother was using her Alice in defense. Chanyeol saw how one of the men injected something into his father’s arm.

His father started screaming. Chanyeol wanted to look away but he couldn’t. He wanted to shout but he couldn’t. He could only feel the tears flowing down his cheeks.

“Going against the orders have consequences,” the man, who looked like their leader, said while grabbing Mr. Park’s hair. “What you’re doing is wrong. Fighting the Alice community will only turn into a disastrous fight,” Chanyeol’s dad replied before coughing up blood.

Suddenly, Chanyeol heard his mother’s scream. That was the only time that he noticed that someone shot her on her shoulder and her leg. She was lying on the floor and her blood was starting to turn the floor to red.

“Where is it?” the man demanded as he pointed a gun at Chanyeol’s mom. “Tell me where the hell it is or your wife will die,” he continued.

“You will never find it,” he replied.

Mrs. Park tried to use her Alice but she couldn’t. The man snickered at her attempt. “Do you think those are ordinary bullets in your body? These little babies here work like your Limiters,” he stated while patting his gun.

“Now tell me where the hell it is or you two will die. I know you have a son. We’ll kill him too.”

“I’d rather die than betray my people,” Mr. Park spat and the man grunted in frustration. Screaming in rage, he pointed the gun on Mr. Park’s forehead point blank and pulled the trigger. Chanyeol, who was watching all of that, let go of a small gasp as he stepped back. His hands were shaking and before he could take another step back, another gunshot was heard and that time, his mother fell on the floor.

“Mom. Dad,” he softly sobbed, letting go of his stuff toy.

Chanyeol finally found his voice and he started to scream. The men looked up when they heard him screaming.

A hand suddenly covered his mouth and the last thing he remembered was feeling dizzy by the sudden ‘flying’ feeling.

Chanyeol opened his eyes and the first thing that he saw was Baekhyun who was also sleeping beside him. He covered his eyes before rubbing them. He could still remember everything like those things only happened yesterday. When he was a kid, he couldn’t understand what’s happening but now, he understands everything crystal clear.

He’s been looking for the thing that those men were looking but he couldn’t figure what that was. Despite that, giving up never crossed his mind. He had his mind set into one thing since the day he came to learn why his parents were killed mercilessly and that was to avenge them.

Jiwon looked at her watch again as she anxiously rubbed her hands together. Jongin and his brother went somewhere to talk but Jongin looked like he would punch the older one a while ago. The way they talked to each other a while ago was also not so good.

“Cho Hyunjae,” she mumbled as she remembered the name of the man that she read on his nameplate. It was odd to know that Jongin has an older brother. The two of them don’t look alike and Jongin’s brother has a different surname.

Hyunjae was the name that her mother gave to Jongin when they were still at Namil. Who would’ve known that Jongin’s brother’s name is also Hyunjae?

“Unnie, look at this,” Lauren said while holding up a paper with a drawing on it. There were 5 boys and 3 girls. “Who are they?” Jiwon asked.

“That’s Chanyeol oppa, he doesn’t smile that much but he’s nice,” she replied while pointing at the one who was at the farthest side. “Luhan oppa and Taemin oppa. They’re still not coming home but we’re still waiting for them,” she continued. “And that’s Minseok oppa and Jongin oppa. They’re both smiling because they’re happy.”

“Why are they happy?” Jiwon questioned.

“Because we’re all together. That’s me, Aunt Lee and you, Jiwon unnie.”

Jiwon smiled at her before looking back at her drawing. She noticed some drawings that didn’t make sense to her so she pointed them out. “What are those?”

Lauren looked at her drawing. “Fire for Jongin and Chanyeol oppa,” she replied right away, Jiwon’s eyes narrowed. “Why do they have fire drawn below them?” she asked yet again.

“Because they-”

“Lauren,” Mrs. Lee suddenly called out and the two looked at her. “Time to take a bath,” she continued. Lauren put down the pad before running towards the woman. Jiwon stared at the kid’s drawing.

“Fire,” she mumbled.

Mrs. Lee sighed as she carried Lauren to the bathroom. That was a close call. They never told Lauren to not tell Jiwon anything about what they can do because they know that it’s not the right time to tell a non- Alice user yet.

Jongin’s jaws were tightly clenched and so were his fists as he stared back at Hyunjae. Seeing his brother for the first time after 11 years woke up the feelings that were sleeping inside him. Anger took the biggest part of those feelings.

“Do you still hate me?” Hyunjae asked calmly. Jongin barely stopped himself from scoffing. “If you know the answer, why are you even asking?” Jongin asked in return. The older one smiled bitterly.

“I had my reasons.”

“Reasons, huh? Were those reasons more important than your own family?”

“That’s not what I’m trying to-”

“THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?!” Jongin finally shouted in anger and frustration. He was trying to hold everything together inside but the emotions were already exploding. “When mom and dad died, you left me all alone. Do you know how scared I was? Do you know how scared I was everytime those nightmares haunt me at night? DO YOU ING KNOW?!”

”I’m sorry, Jongin. I know I told you that I’d come back but I wasn’t able to fulfill that promise. I was caught up in a situation so I needed to stay away.”

“Why now? After 11 years, you decided to pop out of nowhere. Why are you here?”

Hyunjae could see how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter