the choice and it's result

A Demon's Oath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Earth was so different from Heaven, Jing first realised when she was plunged into a crowded street. She felt a sense of bewilderment overtake her, but as she felt the grip around her hand tightened, the bewilderment disappeared to be filled with contentment. As long as she was with him , everything was going to be fine.

"I'm sorry, Kris," she whispered in his ears. "I'm sorry we had to become demons."

"I prefer to call us fallen angels," Kris smiled gently at her. "It's cooler that way, eh?"

She threw her head back and gave a tinkling laugh, earning some weird looks from passers-by, but all Kris cared was that she looked beautiful when laughing.

"I love you, Kris. Thank you for doing all this for me."

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was getting harder to smile each day, with the workload on her increasing and the time she saw Kris decreasing. Even when she managed to catch a glimpse of him in the early mornings before he went to work and the late nights after he came back from work, all she received was a half-hearted hug or a "it's late, you better sleep". When she tried to accompany him through the night, he flared up at her, telling her that she was distracting him from his documents. When she tried to change a job to his company, he asked her to stop being childish, that being together in the same company was not necessary. When she tried to offer to be his partner at some ball, he rejected her without a second thought, despite the fact that her sadness was clearly shown through her eyes.

All these actions of Kris made Jing hurt. She thought she could have her time with Kris when she fell with him, but things were not going according to her plan. She wondered why Kris changed so much from the pure angel in heaven. Was it because he was now a demon? Jing did not think she changed much, so why did Kris?

She got her answer a few days later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey," A low baritone voice reached her ears as she turned around to see the most handsome angel in heaven---the angel of beauty, Kris.

"Hello," Jing was unable to stop herself from blushing. She knew that angels were supposed to be void of any feelings except for the love for God. However, she knew, for quite some time, that she would choose Kris above God any day. She dared not tell anyone about it, in fear that she would be expelled from heaven and anyway, Kris did not show any interest in her beyond friendship.

"What are you doing?" Kris casually bent over her shoulders, chin accidentally brushing against Jing's shoulder. Jing had to suppress the shudder of pleasure that action gave her.

"Watering the flowers," She replied, careful to put no feelings in her tone, in case it became too obvious that she was having a hopeless crush on him.

"Oh, what flower is that?" He now stood beside her and lifted one finger to brush the petals of the flowers. Like magic, the bright pink of the petals immediately glowed brighter. He was the angel of beauty and his touch made earthly things more beautiful.

"Camellia, a flower that means excellence and lovely. When you give a flower to someone, it meant that you hand over your destiny to the person."

There was a pregnant silence before Jing broke it, "Do you have anyone you find lovely? Someone you love?"

"God," came the almost immediate reply.

"Yea, I know. We all love God. But is there any second person after God?"

"Yes," the reply came hesitantly.

"Good," Jing plucked the Camellia flower from it's roots and handed it to Kris.

"Give it to her or him."

"Huh?"

“Show your love, express it. God may always come first, but there is no wrong in having a second.” She gently placed the flower in his palm and watched the beautifully long fingers curled around the stalk of the flower.

“Is this an angel of love honest advice or a trick?”

“Not an advice, nor a trick. It’s just that we should learn how to appreciate the people we love.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her mind jolted back to reality at the scene in front of her---Kris had another girl wrapped in his warm embrace, and they were both not clothed.

To explain how she witnessed this scene, we must go back to the very morning. When Kris yet again gave a half-hearted kiss on Jing’s cheek, Jing decided that she had to do something to change this. She could not go on forever with Kris barely speaking to her. She wanted to return to the times where they could just freely run around in the meadows and make out on the grass all day. Therefore, she called to her office to take a day off from work and decided on bringing Kris’ lunch to his office for a surprise.

As it turned out, she was the one getting a surprise.

“F***,” The female in Kris’ arms cursed as she hurriedly stood up from the sofa and grabbed her clothes, before heading to a separate room of the office.

A unfamiliar feeling of discontentment and resent rose within her. She would later realise that it was the feeling of envy. Why did the girl so easily manage to acquire the touch of Kris that she had been craving for a long time? Jing felt her eyes filled up with hot tears, all she wanted to do then was to enter the room and give the girl a good beating.

“Jing...”

“What the hell is she doing here and who the hell is she, Kris?” The girl sauntered out of the door, her chic clothes back on her body.

“She’s my girl and if you don’t mind, please get out of here now.”

The girl, who caught onto what was going on in front of her, took the pleasure in making the both of them miserable by sliding her hands up and down Kris’ bare body. Served him right for using her as a tool.

“Stop it,” Kris slapped her hand away.

“But you said I was the best a few minutes ago when you took my body,” the girl refused to stop, hands returning to caress Kris body.

Jing felt her hands starting to tremble in anger and sadness as she watched the scene in front o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter