That Fanboy's Love

That Fanboy's Love

"Hey look! It's that small eyed guy again!" Sungyeol shouted as he pointed towards the audience. 

 

The school basketballers turned to look at the audience and spotted their usual fanboy holding a pearl metal gold balloon on one hand and a small flag on his other hand which showed "INFINITE". The fanboy was easy to spot since he have always been there for every match the team participated in and he was always one of the only two boys in the audience. 

 

"Who do you think he's here for?" One of the players asked when they all look away from their fanboy and started stretching their muscles before the game.

 

"Of course it's for Hoya, he's the captain of the team you know?" Sungyeol scoffed.

 

"Why couldn't it be Woohyun? He's one of the best shooters too." 

 

"That's enough." Hoya intercepted the argument and waited for everyone to quiet down before he continued. "It doesn't matter who he is here for, we have to focus on winning for the school. The game is in five minutes, don't be distracted."

 

 

-

 

 

"Congratulations for your first win!" 

 

Woohyun jumped in shock when someone jumped in front of him when the lift door opened. "Ya! Kim Sunggyu, you almost gave me a heart attack you know!" Woohyun clutched the shirt on his chest as though he was in pain. 

 

"No thank you for congratulating you?" Sunggyu rolled his eyes and stepped out of the way so Woohyun could open the door.

 

Woohyun sighed as he placed his key into the hole and opened the door. "I'm not the one you wanted to congratulate, aren't I?" He entered the house and kicked off his shoes before throwing his bag to a corner and sprawled his body across the floor.

 

Sunggyu entered the house and removed his shoes, took Woohyun shoes and placed it neatly next to his. "Ya, go get a shower, you stink!" He pinched his nose and kicked Woohyun's shin feet lightly. 

 

"I'll just bathe later." Woohyun groaned as he stretched his back. 

 

"Have you gotten it?" Sunggyu poked Woohyun's side.

 

"No."

 

"YA! How is it difficult for you to help your best friend get a signature from-"

 

"In the bag." Woohyun groaned, covering his ears with his hands.

 

Sunggyu quickly scooted over to Woohyun's bag and opened the zip of the bag. "Yuck!" He took out the wet towel of Woohyun's sweat and threw it on the floor before digging the bag to look for the notebook he was looking for. "FOUND IT!" He yelled in triumph when he found the book and hugged it tightly against his chest. 

 

"Oh by the way, can you sign on this?" Sunggyu waved a small handkerchief in Woohyun's face. Woohyun gave an annoyed look before grabbing the peice of cloth and a marker and signed on it and threw it back to Sunggyu. 

 

"I thought you were only interested in our captain." 

 

"I'm getting your signature for my friend! She said you were cool." Sunggyu said and dug into his bag.

 

"Here." He tossed a box into Woohyun's arms, which the latter caught quickly before it fell onto the ground. "For your first win. It's the first time the coach allowed you to be in the game for more than half the time."

 

"And you knew we were going to win?"

 

"Of course you guys would win, Hoya's in the team." Sunggyu laughed but quickly dodged when Woohyun threw a cushion over.

 

Woohyun tore away the wrapper and took out the lid of the box. A red wrist band was placed in the box nicely. He took out the wrist band and placed the box on the floor before turning the wrist band around to look at it. There was a "현" sewn on the inside of the wrist band in white thread. "Did you sew this yourself?"

 

Sunggyu nodded and cleared his throat. "I didn't want you to injured yourself and ruined Hoya's game." Sunggyu said, eyeing Woohyun's reaction when the latter was still looking at the wrist band. "D-do you like it?"

 

"Of course! It's free and I wouldn't have to spend money to buy it." Woohyun laughed and put the wrist band on. "Thanks, Gyu."

 

 

-

 

 

It was a few days later when Woohyun was studying for his mid terms alone in the classroom after all his classmates left for home when Sunggyu came barging into the room, panting heavily. Woohyun raised his brows at his best friend and waited patiently for his friend to catch his breath.

 

"Why didn't you tell me that you were staying in school to study?" Sunggyu finally asked.

 

"Last minute decision. I figured that I've been spending too much time on basketball that now I have to spend some time on studies and there's too much distraction at home."

 

"Oh." Sunggyu turn the seat in front of Woohyun to face the back and sit down before placing his bag on the seat next to his.

 

"Were you worried about me?" Woohyun smirked but earned a smack on his head.

 

"I came for my daily dose of Hoya. Now tell me what he did today." Sunggyu rested his cheek on his hand as he waited for Woohyun to start.

 

Apparently, that was what Sunggyu always does, always annoying Woohyun to tell him everything about Hoya. Before school, during school hours, and even after school hours, Sunggyu would always pester Woohyun for information about the school team captain. But Sunggyu was not honest. He were always there using Hoya as an excuse to look at Woohyun. He would just look at Woohyun talk about Hoya but nothing went into his ears. He was just enjoying the view of Woohyun's pointy nose, to those plump lips he wished to kiss. He loved Woohyun's soothing voice when he talked.

 

He loved the annoyed look on Woohyun's face whenever Sunggyu asked or talked about Hoya. Woohyun would always had his eyebrows scrunched up before sighing and telling Sunggyu whatever he wanted to know. Sunggyu thought that maybe.. Maybe Woohyun would be slightly interested in him too, but he didn't dare ask his best friend. He was afraid. Sunggyu couldn't bear to lose his best friend of ten years. He couldn't risk his first love. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

Sunggyu looked into the mirror after he changed into his fifth outfit he tried for the day. Woohyun had made him kept the day free so the best friends could celebrate Sunggyu's birthday together. Sunggyu excitedly left the house and waited outside the cinema where they would meet up. He knew he was early. Far too early actually. They were supposed to meet an hour later, but Sunggyu was too excited to stay in the house. He kept looking at his watch hoping that time would past quickly and secretly hoped that Woohyun would arrive earlier than the expected time.

 

"Hi. Sunggyu right?"

 

Sunggyu turned to see who tapped him on the shoulder and was surprised when he saw Hoya grinning back at him.

 

"Hi, Hoya." Sunggyu greeted back. 

 

"Why are you here alone?"

 

"I'm waiting for Woohyun."

 

"Actually.. I've always been looking for a chance, but you're always with Woohyun and I've got no courage to do this in front of someone else other than you." Hoya started to pace around for a bit before grabbing Sunggyu's hands and looked into the latter's eyes. 

 

"I like you."

 

Woohyun unknowingly tightened his fist into a ball as he watched the scene right in front of him. Hoya just confessed to his best friend, no, the person he have loved since they met ten years ago at the playground while he was trying to shoot the basketball into the hoop. 

 

Woohyun walked away. He couldn't stand the sight any longer. Sunggyu would of course accept Hoya's feelings. Woohyun would no longer be needed anymore since Sunggyu wouldn't need to ask him about Hoya any longer.Sunggyu would leave him and spend more time with that captain. Woohyun's heart felt heavy as he left the mall. 

 

 

-

 

 

"Are you sure he's coming?" Hoya asked as he placed his jacket over Sunggyu's shoulder.

 

"I'm sure he will be coming." Sunggyu replied as he pressed the phone to his ear as he looked around frantically. They have been waiting for Woohyun for the past 4 hours but they boy did not turn up, neither did he answer his calls. Sunggyu was worried that something could have happened to his best friend.

 

"I'm going to look for him. Thank you Hoya for waiting with me, I'm able to manage alone." Sunggyu returned Hoya his jacket as he walked towards the exit.

 

"Ya! Sunggyu! It's raining outside." Hoya grabbed Sunggyu's wrist to stop him from getting into the rain.

 

"It's okay, I have to look for him. I'm sorry for not returning your feelings Hoya, you don't have to do any more for me." Sunggyu smiled before running out of the shelter and looked around in the rain for his love. 

 

 

-

 

 

Sunggyu went to Woohyun's house and rang the doorbell a zillion times but nobody answered the door so he decided to look around for Woohyun around the apartment in the rain. He was really worried about Woohyun.

 

"Is it really worth getting drenched under the rain just for him? Would he know? Will he see? If someone can shelter you from the rain, why would you choose to get drenched?!" Hoya yelled as he sheltered Sunggyu with his umbrella. He couldn't stand Sunggyu running around to look for Woohyun headlessly anymore.

 

Sunggyu took a step back away from the shelter, back into the rain.

 

"If the one sheltering me is not Woohyun, then I won't hesitate to get drenched together with him." Sunggyu cried.

 

Hoya threw the umbrella away angrily.

 

"But the person getting drenched with you now is me!" Hoya grabbed Sunggyu's shoulder and shouted. 

 

 

-

 

 

On the other hand, Woohyun watched the scene under the steel hold of Dongwoo. "So now you know his feelings. Go for it, don't regret anything." Dongwoo said before pushing Woohyun from their hiding place.

 

Woohyun threw the umbrella away and ran towards Sunggyu. He pushed Hoya away before embracing his lover tightly in his arms. 

 

"I knew you would come. You promised. You would never break your promise." Sunggyu sobbed into Woohyun's chest.

 

"I'm sorry I came late." Woohyun cried. "I love you. I love you so much." 

 

 

-

 

 

"Great acting, Hoaegi." Dongwoo cooed as he patted on Hoya's .

 

"I'm great in bed too." 

 

"Show me."

 

And Dongwoo was thrown onto the bed by the riled up Hoya.